Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE Movie Thread v.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Dragonlordxxxxx would you love it if Disney bough DC?? A disney superman movie might be dominant!!
Not really opposed to it but I'd rather they remain separate. Competition is always good. A Superman movie made by Marvel Studios would be amazing, I think they would find the right characterization and tone for the character and its story unlike what WB has been giving us which is a mopey, depressed Superman riddled with existential angst.

But at the same time, Superman doesn't quite fit with the MCU, he is too powerful compared to the other Marvel characters. It creates an imbalance and disrupts the harmony within the MCU, not to mention generate possible future holes and PIS just to justify why the movie doesn't end in 10 minutes. People are already complaining how powerful Superman was in Justice League and how easily he handled Steppenwolf.

I cant think of anything worse than a superman as a disney/marvel film

Itd just be Captain America or Thor with more fart jokes

Update: November 29, 2017

New Report Details Warner Bros.' Greediness Led to JUSTICE LEAGUE Missteps

p4MvrP9.jpg

Justice League had a lot of enemies: a looming corporate merger, a family tragedy, an internal clash between light and dark themes. But its greatest enemy was time.

Few people are happy with the finished project, which one insider called “a Frankenstein” made of the assembled parts favored by rotating executives and directors and which had the worst opening for a DC Comics-based movie in years. But several people who spoke to TheWrap said the decision to keep the film’s Nov. 17 release date was a mistake — one as plain as Superman’s face.

According to TheWrap, members of Warner Bros. did approach the studio’s president Greg Silverman about removing director Zack Snyder from Justice League. The call came after Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was met with critical backlash and a fierce box office drop after its promising opening. The site’s source says DC President Jon Berg was ultimately sent to oversee Justice League for almost a year after budget concerns made higher-ups antsy.

The report goes on to say Silverman was “quite harsh” to Snyder about Batman v Superman’s flop, but he was given another go at Justice League.

“They were already in deep prep on ‘Justice League’ and it would have cost a fortune. There’s stickiness to a director because there’s so much cost to unstick him,” the insider explained. “Warners is a studio that almost to a fault always wants to project strength.”

As work continued on Justice League, Warner Bros. is said to have stood by its original premiere date once reports went live about the company merging with AT&T. To move the release of such a film would have been viewed as a weakness, and Justice League had a lot to prove to audiences and business insiders.

In December, Silverman stepped down as president of Warner Bros. Pictures, and was replaced by Toby Emmerich.

Joss Whedon was then brought in to give the movie more levity under Snyder’s blessing, but things took a turn when tragedy struck the director. Snyder’s daughter died following a suicide attempt, and he ultimately chose to leave the project to focus on his loved ones as in-studio pressure continued to mount on Justice League. "It stopped being a good situation on any level,” The Wrap's source described.

With Justice League now in the hands of Whedon, post-production and re-shoots on the film were quickly scheduled to get things in order. The Wrap’s source went so far as to say Warner Bros. executives Toby Emmerich and Kevin Tsujihara didn’t wish to push the movie’s release date as it might have risked their annual bonuses. The time-crunch ultimately forced the film together loosely, and its re-shoots even forced Superman's Henry Cavill to have his mustache digitally removed in post.

New Report Details The Behind-the-Scenes Warner Bros. Drama That Led to 'Justice League'

How much does this movie need to make to break even? 600 million? It's at 500. Dont think it'll get another 600. DVD/Blu Ray sales are gonna have to make this bitch up

Dialogue seems like it was written by a 14 year old emo kid. Not much of a storyline; one wouldnt miss much watching the movie on "mute."
Good cgi, but doesnt make up for the lack of everything else.

Sidenote-weakass batman was able to fight 2-3 of those moth things at once, yet steppenwolf, who almost killed all the heroes at once, was wrecked by a few of them at the end. Wtf was that?

You say that, but the movies made me like those characters, particularly Cap, when I previously found them to be rather boring. DC could use some of that

How much does this movie need to make to break even? 600 million? It's at 500. Dont think it'll get another 600. DVD/Blu Ray sales are gonna have to make this bitch up

$700 - 750 Million is what I've read. @Dragonlordxxxxx what's the magic number in your estimation?

Dialogue seems like it was written by a 14 year old emo kid. Not much of a storyline; one wouldnt miss much watching the movie on "mute."
Good cgi, but doesnt make up for the lack of everything else.

Sidenote-weakass batman was able to fight 2-3 of those moth things at once, yet steppenwolf, who almost killed all the heroes at once, was wrecked by a few of them at the end. Wtf was that?
aka Joss Whedon

Lol i dont get why ppl say if Disney gets DC or Deadpool they will make them all colorful.

The same ppl have to realize Disney owns ABC studios and Marvel Television which have shows like daredevil and punisher which are rated R for Tv. They use Netflix as the distrubutor so Netflix doesnt own it. If Disney didnt want it to be rated R they would have not allowed it.

My opinion if Disney gets DC, they'll let the powers of MCU build it the way it shudve been built on screen. Slow and no rush. Genuine and organic.

Warner Bros wanted that money so bad and so soon that it backfired worse then ironman taking a punch from thanos.

Seriously Disney knows their chet, they know what fans want on screen and they know how build a franchise in the cinamatic world. To their return they know how to generate $$$ at the same time.

That said, competition is always good so keeping DC seperate is better in my opinion. Was just stating how theres a myth that Disney wants everything colorful

Last edited:
aka Joss Whedon

To be fair tho warner bros fcked everyone over.

After snyders incident, they brought him in and told him he has 6 months despite him telling them he needed time. But WB wanted it released asap.

Thats pretty tough to when a movie is pretty much done but theres a ton of it that doesnt have the same approach, visual, style as you. The movie clearly was a mess. They even cut out a bunch of Snyders scenes.

If anything WB shouldve had it pushed back.

If anything WB shudnt have made JL so soon.

Lol i dont get why ppl say if Disney gets DC or Deadpool they will make them all colorful.

The same ppl have to realize Disney owns ABC studios and Marvel Television which have shows like daredevil and punisher which are rated R for Tv. They use Netflix as the distrubutor so Netflix doesnt own it. If Disney didnt want it to be rated R they would have not allowed it.

My opinion if Disney gets DC, they'll let the powers of MCU build it the way it shudve been built on screen. Slow and no rush. Genuine and organic.

Warner Bros wanted that money so bad and so soon that it backfired worse then ironman taking a punch from thanos.

Seriously Disney knows their chet, they know what fans want on screen and they know how build a franchise in the cinamatic world. To their return they know how to generate $$$ at the same time.

That said, competition is always good so keeping DC seperate is better in my opinion. Was just stating how theres a myth that Disney wants everything colorful

In fairness, I dont realy like any of the shows you mentioned either besides Deadpool that much, I like that there is the alternative to all that stuff in terms of DC movies and such, but I dont particualry like any of the DC TV shows either

Disney knows whats up and how to make money, im just a grouchy asshole. Im not overly fond of alot of super hero films outside of the Dark Knight trilogy. Theres some decent ones, guardians etc but ive barely watched any of them more than once

And sure, its not necessarily a bad thing if you like those films, just saying - to me they dont really keep me going for long or give me a desire for repeated viewings.

In fairness, I dont realy like any of the shows you mentioned either besides Deadpool that much, I like that there is the alternative to all that stuff in terms of DC movies and such, but I dont particualry like any of the DC TV shows either

Disney knows whats up and how to make money, im just a grouchy asshole. Im not overly fond of alot of super hero films outside of the Dark Knight trilogy. Theres some decent ones, guardians etc but ive barely watched any of them more than once

And sure, its not necessarily a bad thing if you like those films, just saying - to me they dont really keep me going for long or give me a desire for repeated viewings.

fair enough, I can't tell you what not too like, just stating just because something is under disney doesn't mean it's all colorful and rated G

Last edited:
To be fair tho warner bros fcked everyone over.

After snyders incident, they brought him in and told him he has 6 months despite him telling them he needed time. But WB wanted it released asap.

Thats pretty tough to when a movie is pretty much done but theres a ton of it that doesnt have the same approach, visual, style as you. The movie clearly was a mess. They even cut out a bunch of Snyders scenes.

If anything WB shouldve had it pushed back.

If anything WB shudnt have made JL so soon.
No. Film sucked. No fixing a super turd. Captain darkness slomo sucks. Deal with it.

No. Film sucked. No fixing a super turd. Captain darkness slomo sucks. Deal with it.

there's nothing to deal with, I thought the movie was a mess and it flopped hard

what are you even trying to say lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back