Justin Gaethje (#5) Calls Out Conor (#2) [Update: Discussions Begin]

Justin vs. Conor

• Total voters
Kenny Florian Thinks Justin Gaethje Matchup Is ‘Tailor-Made’ For Conor McGregor

“I do not see Gaethje getting by Conor. I actually think he has a style that favors Conor. He comes forward, [but] Conor’s a tremendous counter puncher. If Dustin Poirier could knock out Justin Gaethje, then there’s no doubt in my mind that Conor could do the same thing, perhaps quicker. Still a dangerous fight just because of Gaethje’s power and his willingness to get in there. So that alone, of course, is always gonna be a danger for anybody just based on Gaethje style. But because he does come forward like that I think that’s a fight that’s kinda tailor-made for Conor.”

https://www.mmanews.com/

How conor...a guy 1 and 1 at 155, fought a guy who lost his last 2 fights be4 by ko, at 170lbs, yet jumps guys who beat actual contenders and have fought multiple times in the 155 division is beyond me. Its crap. Conor should be below Dustin, justin, tony, at the very least should be above him. Most people in the top 10 have more wins at 155 and have been fighting at 155. Conor hasnt fought since being dominated and finished in the 155 division. Got a title shot solely based on his 145 record in the Alvarez fight. Never defended, got stripped, lost his 1 fight after coming back at 155...he should be like 6 or 7 .

I guess rankings are now based on ppv buy rate not fight record. Been that way for a while I guess, it's just sad for guys who earn the ranking to be disrespected and told their winning fights against guys at 155 against ranked guys is meaningless...while fighting a gatekeeper at best at 170 lbs gets u to the 155 title. I'm at least happy Tony finally gets what he deserves. Had conor came back sooner, probably still would be getting jumped over.

It would be such a fun fight

Same story, different year for McGregor. The guy has a 1 minute fight and by all indications he will not fight again until the khabib vs tony winner in probably october or november

Kenny Florian Thinks Justin Gaethje Matchup Is ‘Tailor-Made’ For Conor McGregor

“I do not see Gaethje getting by Conor. I actually think he has a style that favors Conor. He comes forward, [but] Conor’s a tremendous counter puncher. If Dustin Poirier could knock out Justin Gaethje, then there’s no doubt in my mind that Conor could do the same thing, perhaps quicker. Still a dangerous fight just because of Gaethje’s power and his willingness to get in there. So that alone, of course, is always gonna be a danger for anybody just based on Gaethje style. But because he does come forward like that I think that’s a fight that’s kinda tailor-made for Conor.”

https://www.mmanews.com/
Didn't gaethje revamp his game? Why is everyone overlooking that?

would be a fun fight but conor prob avoids khabib and justin at all costs.

If Cowboy is a Top 5 then Conor is obviously top 2.

If Cowboy is top five then Conor is top five, I think that’s fair to say despite their fight taking place in a different weight class.

Not sure how you’d make the leap to top two though, considering that those spots are held by Khabib and Tony. In addition, Gaethje beat Cowboy down with ease too, so anything you could say about Conor as a result of smashing Cowboy should apply equally to Justin.

It’s difficult to decide how to rank the top guys at 155 given Conor’s time off and the fact that he’s only had two lightweight fights, a loss against the very best and a win over someone who is out of the company at this point.

The poll shows how angry and bitter Conor hater are. Justin couldnt even handle Eddie's or Dustin's power , imagine what conor would do to him, hes so hittable

Complete joke that Conor is ranked above Gaethje.

If Cowboy is top five then Conor is top five, I think that’s fair to say despite their fight taking place in a different weight class.

Not sure how you’d make the leap to top two though, considering that those spots are held by Khabib and Tony. In addition, Gaethje beat Cowboy down with ease too, so anything you could say about Conor as a result of smashing Cowboy should apply equally to Justin.

It’s difficult to decide how to rank the top guys at 155 given Conor’s time off and the fact that he’s only had two lightweight fights, a loss against the very best and a win over someone who is out of the company at this point.
Conor already beat Dustin in 90 seconds. Dustin beat Justin. Tony beat no one in the top 5 in many years. The fight between Conor and Dustin took place at 145 , the fight between Conor and Cowboy took place at 170. Nobody should doubt similar results at 155 for either fight. So, My top 5 in order are Khabib,Conor,Dustin,Justin and Tony. If Tony actually fights one of the other top 5 we can access how good he currently is at 36 years old. April 18 th IMO Tony gets injured again and can’t fight.

Kenny Florian thought Ryan Hall would beat Khabib, so forgive me for not giving credit to what he says. It could be a sure better fight than Cerrone, and patient Gaethje seems to be a new, rejuvenated fighter. Would watch.

What would be the selling point to the casual fan of McGregor vs Gaetche?

1st, learn to spell his name. It's Gaethje.
2nd, that's a retarded question. Gaethje is the epitome of what casuals are looking for in a fight: nonstop, in your face striking

I would like to see this fight because I know there would be a lot of shit talk and the fight would be a war. But an extremely dangerous fight for McGregor. Conor will probably fight manny paqauio in a boxing fight this summer the the ufc will likely give him khabib/Tony winner October

1st, learn to spell his name. It's Gaethje.
2nd, that's a retarded question. Gaethje is the epitome of what casuals are looking for in a fight: nonstop, in your face striking

I actually thought I had the name right. I get his style is easy on the eye but 50% of Conors audience can't tell an underhook from the butterfly guard let alone who Justin Gaethje is.

Justin too dangerous for conor, no way the hype machine; Dana and ufc would allow that fight...

yeah, because #5 vs #2 really means something to them. especially with a conor fight.

Back