Justin Gaethje appeals to our testosterone-fueled, baser instincts

Not gonna lie -- I was somewhat disappointed with his performance. He barely took any damage. He clearly used head movement when he could've headbutted Barboza's fist or at least covered up so he at least absorbs some of the punishment while mitigating it slightly. His last couple fights he has barely absorbed any punishment, relatively speaking, before getting the wins. The leg kicks he absorbed were nice, but hardly Just Bleed status. On a less satirical note, very well put TS. The dude marches to his own drum and fights how he wants to fight. I dig it.

I must admit, though I really appreciate the technical aspects of MMA, and seeing a great tactician execute flawless technique and game plans, there is something about an absolute animal like Gaethje that stirs my inner blood-lust.

Last night, when he literally went STRAIGHT at Barboza, utilizing BARBOZA's most potent weapon - FEROCIOUS leg kicks, I sat up in my chair and went

AcrobaticBoilingIsopod-size_restricted.gif

Pure machismo, I'm coming at you head on, and going to beat you down bad-assery personified.

Guy is the very embodiment of Just Bleed.

Do you even lift, @Arm Barbarian ?

No. He appeals to brain damaged idiots with short career spans. Just bleed crowd. Basicaly Gaethje's career in a nutshell, it's just a matter of time when he turns into Gary Goodridge:
giphy.gif

going straight forward is the smart thing to do against barboza

gaychi had a smart and technical gameplan and barboza folded under pressure again.

I must admit, though I really appreciate the technical aspects of MMA, and seeing a great tactician execute flawless technique and game plans, there is something about an absolute animal like Gaethje that stirs my inner blood-lust.

Last night, when he literally went STRAIGHT at Barboza, utilizing BARBOZA's most potent weapon - FEROCIOUS leg kicks, I sat up in my chair and went

Pure machismo, I'm coming at you head on, and going to beat you down bad-assery personified.

IMG_20190331_143923.jpg

No. He appeals to brain damaged idiots with short career spans. Just bleed crowd. Basicaly Gaethje's career in a nutshell, it's just a matter of time when he turns into Gary Goodridge:
giphy.gif
Luckily he hasn’t taken too much damage in his last 2 fights but I can’t deny part of me thinks it’s awesome another part of me is genuinely concerned because I am friends with Thai fighters who clearly have CTE. Spooked me so bad I never fought again...But I will try to appreciate Gaethje as much as possible while he’s doing it because there will more than likely be consequences and he deserves the glory he’s paying for with his health.

I just want to see him against Khabib. I need to see Ferg, Gaethje, Holloway and possibly Gregor against Khabib before my heart gives out from waiting. Please no Nate.

I didn’t like Justin for a bit because I was at 218 and there were some people sitting by us claiming to be his friends and they were acting like huge douches so we all started rooting for Eddie

But after some time and seeing him fight I have realized that he is the JBG prince that was promised

Huge fan

He gets winner of Raging AlCowboy next and the Just Bleed Gods will be appeased. (as will the fans)

For world to be just Gaethje must hold a belt in the ufc

Legend has it..in a long loss cave early explorers came across a carving of warrior so legendary he transcended time

They came to learn he was the JBG ( Just Bleed God) A deity to all things chaotic in warfair , the true warrior spirit equal to Ares of mount olympus. It is said he would come again when the need for combat and blood shedding would be at its most high

This is the only surviving photo of that carving/expedition

picturetopeople.org-f30c04b697e6f47fc0d20eea259546f01a80ffe82b9e328614.jpg

There are many interpretations of what a fight actually is among fighters and fans.
To me it's like ones own personal expression.
But it's unbiased, it can't be faked.
You learn all about yourself when you roll with a skinny guy who humbles you or have a 340lb heavy sitting on you and you can't get up.

Ego crushing and perfect.
JG I'd different from many fighters.
He is a throwback to the days of tougher rather than technical opponents.
But his raw aggression is a double edged sword.

One I appreciate with every cell of my being.

I love Justin man, I want to buy a Gaethje action figure to add to my collection but I can't find one. If any sherbros know where to get one send me a link...Thank You...

when they started exchanging leg kicks right off that bat... i was like oh shit, here we go.

He's got that instinct that all the entertaining fighters have that make you like the sport. He genuinely does it for the love of fighting

He had that cool comment during his post-fight where he said something to the effect of "I wouldn't recommend this sport to my worst enemy, but I was born, and bred, and raised for this..."

He basically knows that this is ridiculously taxing on his life and health but he is truly the embodiment of that fighter mentality. He doesn't have any other method- it's kill or be killed in there.

He's also a guaranteed exciting fight regardless of who the opponent is. As others remarked, he should definitely be among the highest paid on the roster. The guy delivers a ton of entertainment value every time out.

Gaethje appeals to our TOXIC MASCULINITY

Last edited:
Luckily he hasn’t taken too much damage in his last 2 fights but I can’t deny part of me thinks it’s awesome another part of me is genuinely concerned because I am friends with Thai fighters who clearly have CTE. Spooked me so bad I never fought again...But I will try to appreciate Gaethje as much as possible while he’s doing it because there will more than likely be consequences and he deserves the glory he’s paying for with his health.
Yeah, muaythai is a problematic sport because of the elbow blows to the head. Justin just takes too much unnecessary damage too.

Back