Justin Gaethje Low Fight IQ

Honestly if you're losing a fight and your opponent offers to stand and trade in the last 10 seconds, you have to take a swing at it. It's the only chance you've got.

Anybody who doesn't, shouldn't be fighting in the UFC, and certainly not for any kind of "BMF" belt.
God bless you

Fight iq? He's clearly unintelligent in general. I picked him to win. Thought he'd beat him up. He git his arse kicked. He had no answer for max. He's very stupid. Not intelligent at all

He's gotta have some of the lowest fight IQ I've ever witnessed. Why did he let Max draw him into standing and banging the last ten seconds when he's tired as f and got pieced up all fight with a broken nose?
because it was for that bullshit BMF belt. if it weren't for that, i don't think even justin would have done that considering how beat he was. he felt compelled to fight like an idiot, just to prove a point.

because it was for that bullshit BMF belt. if it weren't for that, i don't think even justin would have done that considering how beat he was. he felt compelled to fight like an idiot, just to prove a point.
Justin would've done it, he tried a rolling thunder seconds before he engaged in the center. Gaethje was desperate for a win and the last seconds was his only chance.

Well Justin who's best work is done in close and setting up power strikes with stiff jabs, stayed on the outside and used kicks to the midsection that halted his momentum and pushed him backward the entire fight. Really retarded lol
I can't tell if all Whitman's fighters are just shitting the bed or if it he all the sudden can't put a game plan together. It's super odd.

He's gotta have some of the lowest fight IQ I've ever witnessed. Why did he let Max draw him into standing and banging the last ten seconds when he's tired as f and got pieced up all fight with a broken nose?

The chances of him winning the fight at that point were almost nil so going for broke in that situation was a bad idea. Now he won't be able to take a punch the same way.

SMH

Gangsta way to go out tho.
This is just yet another fight where the round 1-4 strat didn't work, and changing strats in rd 5 also didn't work because it was 4 rounds too late.
He should have swung for the fences from the very start, instead of all the ineffective leg kicks. Yes, hindsight is 20/20 but this is THE guy that needed to be swinging for the fences because he stands to gain the most from it.

It was his only chance of winning at that point. It was go for it or lose a decision. You could argue Max is the one that showed low IQ by risking everything in a fight he was already winning. But of course after that highlight he looks like a genius.
Exactly this. Justin’s only chance was to get a flash lucky KO so that exchange was smart on his part. It is also the two BMFs in the sport so it’s a fitting end.

I can't tell if all Whitman's fighters are just shitting the bed or if it he all the sudden can't put a game plan together. It's super odd.

I think people have started figuring out the weaknesses in Wittman's style. It doesn't defend all that well against body kicks & low kicks, Edwards, Fiorot, and Holloway all used a bunch of kicks along with body punches and knees to score free points against Wittman's fighters along with setting up the rest of their striking game.

Justin has low IQ choosing who manages him.

Before R5, Whitman was calling for technical precision and medium power. I guess Whitman thought Holloway would fade from previous strikes.

Whitman was dead wrong.

He should have been calling for hell-Gaethje.

Also, for the record, Gaethje doesn't have a low IQ anywhere.
He is def smarter than 99% of sherdog.

I feel bad for his nose.
That has to suck.
I wouldn't be surprised if his doctor told him it was bad enough that he needs to stop fighting.

Half the roster would have quit from any one of those: nose, poke, poke.

He traded some CTE for 300k. Hard to know if that was a smart decision.

That fight wasn't that good and it's likely Jiri vs Rakic would have more deservedly been recognised had the last 10 seconds not happened.

Back