Justin doesn't get his nose broken. How does the fight go?

I've said it before that fouls should be carried into the next fight.

I have a new idea though. If you get 2 eye pokes you have to go into your next fight wearing a boxing glove on your lead hand Art Jimmerson style.

b0c5f15ffe148d54296dc692924c244f38a79865.jpg

Then if you manage to land another one you get these:

61aboe8MaGL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

He would've gotten it broken eventually and still slept.

Same thing.. Gaethje striking IQ is not that good. He's just so powerful and explosive but not much thought into it.

He's always out of balance after throwing a punch and Max made him pay most of the time

So is this fight a special pleading or do we try to argue the same shit with other fights? Justin didn't break his hand over Holloway's skull giving him a beating and, as a result of his own success, couldn't fight the same. Holloway's heel smashed Gaethje 's nose with intention of damage. So why is a broken nose being dismissed as a fluke injury?

It would be more competitive, but Justin would still have lost. He was clearly stumped by Max's footwork and distance management in there. Seemed totally at a loss as he was getting out-volumed and had no answers beyond lunging in while winging big hooks or landing the occasional good calf kick.

You have to really rewrite history and stack the deck to create a situation where Justin would've won, IMO. Like one where he emphasized that stiff jab from the get-go, committed more to the calf kick, and maybe mixed it up a bit more in the clinch/dirty-boxing range rather than constantly trying to land singular kill shots in open space. But at that point it's the epitome of "Whatiffery" and I say that as a dude who picked Gaethje pre-fight. Max was simply the better man in the cage.
This is the answer. It was early in the first where I realized Justin was about to have a long ass night. And I picked him to win. In fact, I embarrassingly said "I don't see how Max wins this" and "this may be the fight that makes Max's grandkids feed him in a high chair".

Boy, was I wrong. It was clear within 90 seconds that I was dead wrong and Justin was in for a long night. I was literally telling my boys "I can't believe what I'm seeing.... this isn't what I expected...." long before the broken nose.

Max went from a fan favourite to an absolute superstar by betting on himself. Kudos, Max - it couldn't happen to a better guy.

Sidenote - when is dropping "Blessed Man Forever" gear?? I'd buy some on the name alone.

Gaethe would have a better shot. He won round 4 and round 2 was really close. With a broken nose.

I’m sure Justin would have had a much better chance with a working nose and the fight would look different, but Max would’ve still got the better of Justin that night.

Gaethje would have knocked Max out in the first second of the second round.

Obviously.

This board. I swear...

that kick changed the entire fight. if that kick didnt land. The fight would have been more 50/50 with justin possibly finishing Max. I mean even in round 4 was it? Where Justin wobbled Max? Even while hurt hes still dangerous. But at the very end of round 5. Max knew Justin was much more hurt than him. So he was like let's have a shoot out!! They did and Justin was flatlined Ko'd with 1 second left on the clock..

It changed the way the fight went, no question. This was similar to what happened to Max vs Volk: Volk inflicted a huge gash on Max halfway through rd2, and then easily outpointed him.

Max is respectful he's not gonna speak badly about any oppenant but Max smoked him and if his nose wasn't broken ited prolly still end in max looking good

He would have fought better? New to sherdog, are these dumb questions as common as they seem?

Max still wins, he's too technical of a striker for a guy like Gaethje. Not sure he wins by KO again but Max would likely make him ugly.

Justin has more output but it’s just as predictable regardless and Max sees it just as he did in the first round and accumulates even more volume tooling him in more frequent exchanges. The fight plays out similar regardless if Justin doesn’t “catch him”. Max can read him like a book and Justin tends to fold to pressure. In what world does Justin outbox Max to a decision broken nose or not?

Perhaps Justin having more output increases the chance of himself being KO’ed. Max had no issues where Justin was the most dangerous yet he wobbled and rocked Justin many times. More exchanges = Justin on skates more?

I would have had no issue with point deductions. But literally the eye pokes had zero impact on the fight and gave Justin needed breaks.

Justin pokes Max two times and does a spinkick and breaks Max nose.

How does the fight go?

Justin still loses as his problems going into the fight were that Max was the better boxer and Justin's weakness was pressure which is Max's best feature. Both of which were what cost him the fight.

The fact that Max additionally wound up having the better kicks was a shock to everybody as that was supposed to be one of Justin's advantages. I mean you talk about the first spinning back kick, but then he repeatedly landed like 8 more. Justin had no idea when they were coming or how to prevent them.

It looked like he didn't have an answer for Max's speed or footwork. Probably a 5 round decision instead of a KO.

Max UD.

Justin was losing badly even prior to the nose break.

He was being stung by the long jab, he was getting repeatedly rocked by the right uppercut, left hook combo Max was throwing.

When they would exchange, Max would eat Justin's strikes, and in the same sequence, hurt Justin every time with the counter.

Max was already putting on a masterclass of a performance.

I think it would be a close fight if Justin had his nose intact. It was definitely bothering him big time, he was wincing every time Max touched him up after that.

Back