Media Justin Gaethje reveals he had a concussion before Oliveira fight "That's why his strikes were so effective"

i believe him. but maybe it’s best not to fight if you’re recovering from a concussion. for the fight, but also for health.

Funny watching Sherbetas and their double standards… when someone like Ronda says something on the same level of stupidity she gets torched, when Sherbeta man crush Gaethje uses a similar farfetched excuse years later he immediately gets credibility.

Dudes just coping that he got outclassed and finished in his own home state in yet another catered title shot. Let him keep fighting for make believe belts because he isn’t a real championship caliber fighter, and it might be because of that L mentality.

Definitely don't think he is lying. I just think The strikes Oliveira landed were effective BECAUSE they were clean as hell and placed to perfection.
Yeah, Justin has must have a concussion right now because it doesn't make any sense. He's acting like it's a bad thing to get beat by Do Bronx. Charles is the People's Champ and look at what happened to Justin since that fight.....he's on another card with Charles and the bonuses are raised. Coincidence?

If he was getting rocked by jabs and glancing blows sure, but Oliveira was connecting with flush, powerful, and accurate straights.

His reaction to getting hit was definitely an outlier. Gaethje doesn't seem like the type to lie about stuff like this, but the fight played out the way it played out.
Really? Charles was the outlier when Eddie put face down him on the ground not knowing what continent he was on? Dustin had him still trying for a single for 5 seconds after the fight had already been stopped? Tony folded him like a lawn chair and he got saved by the bell?

Just cause Justin always does the stanky leg and only briefly drops when he gets hurt every time he's power punched by others like Johnson, Chandler, and more doesn't mean Charles dropping him flush like he did was some severe outlier.

Especially seeing as the entire reason Charles got a RNC was because Justin hit the floor and immediately tried to sit up and spin out rather than try for guard against Charles. Justin wasn't out and still knew better than to get stuck under Charles.

Sounds like excuses. Charles won the striking battle and the ground game was always going to be a comedic mismatch.

He can't even ride a bike without getting a concussion imagine how he is after fights

950508c89681590db283d3e4543040b4.jpg

Now you guys are dissin' Justin fuckin' G
like he is Ronda ...

<TheWire1>
images

To compare the two and their remarks about concussions...

Reads like this:

"Tell us you've never sparred, trained, been seriously injured or ko'd ...
without telling us you've never trained."

Kids these days are something else with their (internet) flash words. Say "copium" in real life, and everyone looks at the keyboard kid. Grade eight is so edgy.

<22>

please just one time can a fighter not publicly announce his excuse and just take it to the grave with his or her self? Its the same as the person who does a good deed but proceeds to post about it on social.Or if its gotta happen, if guys must die on this hill(!!!) well by the JBG's, let that someone be someone like Sean O'Malley or Colby Covington or fucking Ian Garry be the flag bearer. Ian Gerry! I never thought id be advocating for Ian Gary in any facet of life. But, God Damnit, if men keep insisting on dying on that Hill... Paddy Pimblett would also be suitable.

He didn’t bring it up himself, he said he got a concussion after the oliveira fight and henry like a fool thought he meant before, so then gaethje says that’s not what he meant and henry is like so you didn’t have a concussion going in and gaethje says “well I did have a concussion going in” and then he tells the bike story

He wasn’t going to bring it up

Both things can be true. Him revealing this serves zero purpose at this point. Not everything is an excuse. Gaethje has gone out of his way countless times to give Oliveira his props, telling people he's never been hit harder by anyone.
That's true. I just find it a little petty to do it right before an event where both guys are in big fights. Feels like sour grapes.

please just one time can a fighter not publicly announce his excuse and just take it to the grave with his or her self? Its the same as the person who does a good deed but proceeds to post about it on social.Or if its gotta happen, if guys must die on this hill(!!!) well by the JBG's, let that someone be someone like Sean O'Malley or Colby Covington or fucking Ian Garry be the flag bearer. Ian Gerry! I never thought id be advocating for Ian Gary in any facet of life. But, God Damnit, if men keep insisting on dying on that Hill... Paddy Pimblett would also be suitable.
At least Forrest Griffin had the decency to disclose his injuries before the fights.

He didn’t bring it up himself, he said he got a concussion after the oliveira fight and henry like a fool thought he meant before, so then gaethje says that’s not what he meant and henry is like so you didn’t have a concussion going in and gaethje says “well I did have a concussion going in” and then he tells the bike story

He wasn’t going to bring it up

Mate that's two separate concussions.

Then don’t fight…?

How does this sound:
“I broke my back before the fight, that’s why I lost”
{<huh}
Now it sounds like you’re making excuses. Speaking of which: you can believe everything you read/ hear about this, some of it, or none of it.

Back