Media Justin Gaethje "Will Be 6 Months, At LEAST, Before Taking Any Shots"

Wise decision. He needs to rest after that, he took so many shots. Holloway is very fast and accurate, even if they aren't all big power punches, they still all add up and like I said he is very accurate and doesn't miss much so Gaethje took a lot of punches. Best to fight again at end of 2024

Good for him to take a break.

Wise decision. He needs to rest after that, he took so many shots. Holloway is very fast and accurate, even if they aren't all big power punches, they still all add up and like I said he is very accurate and doesn't miss much so Gaethje took a lot of punches. Best to fight again at end of 2024
I would imagine Max hits a lot harder than it seems. It's not like anyone can walk through his shots.

team reset needs to remember this. poor guys. take the time off, rest up, heal, then come back against a build up opponent. but they won't do it like that. if anything, nick diaz vs gaethje sometime from now. perfect chance for nick to get one off while gaethje is still recuperating.

Possibly, but losing half a year at age 35 in lightweight is almost fatal especially in a deep division.
I think he should be calling for an Charles rematch as a title eliminator asap when he's ready.
yeah, in the audio, he explains it more, and meant not taking shots. It's long but a great listen, and I think it is later in it when this point is clarified (briefly), the second time that he talks about it:

Justin Gaethje stopped by the Dan LeBeTard Show's MMA Hangout to answer some questions about his UFC 300 fight with Max Holloway.

Also, rather than Father Time, I think rushing back after KO would be likely to fatal - ala Volk.

That Charles match up sounds like a fuckin great match up tho!

<RomeroSalute>

Good plan. He's had a high mileage career, and that was a bad loss for damage suffered. He's got a couple left in him maybe, so rest yourself properly for them so you don't just get decimated in those outings chasing the last few paycheques.

Maybe he can rematch Chandler if Chandler-Conor doesn't happen (like I suspect for some reason).

Honestly, Gaethje should retire. He just took a similar beating to the one he gave to Tony and will likely decline from this point. My advice to him is to try to land a cozy ESPN announcer contract and take no further damage. Not that he is my friend, just to be clear, we were never friends.

Said it 100's of times....Gaethje took the fight instead of a title shot and Ferguson himself.
It's not a given that he was getting the title shot.

He should've gotten it over Oliveira this pass October.

How many wars has he had since he said he only have 5 left or something? Even though he wasn't winning any of the rounds he took the equivalent damage of a war.

If Conor gets past Chandler that's a good fight for Justin next. Good long break, red panty night, kill Conor and call it a career.

team reset needs to remember this. poor guys. take the time off, rest up, heal, then come back against a build up opponent. but they won't do it like that. if anything, nick diaz vs gaethje sometime from now. perfect chance for nick to get one off while gaethje is still recuperating.

Nick Diaz? I think it's time to let him go, KK.

Nick Diaz? I think it's time to let him go, KK.
nah bruh, he's coming back. i'm not saying he'll be a title contender again, but knowing the UFC they won't give him an easy fight either. They will feed him to the wolves for what he did back then. Gaethje makes sense. lol.

nah bruh, he's coming back. i'm not saying he'll be a title contender again, but knowing the UFC they won't give him an easy fight either. They will feed him to the wolves for what he did back then. Gaethje makes sense. lol.

I hope he's not coming back, his last fight was really hard to watch. I mean, he could still box, but he was basically out of shape and struggled to go two hard rounds.

It's a hard pass from me....

I hope he's not coming back, his last fight was really hard to watch. I mean, he could still box, but he was basically out of shape and struggled to go two hard rounds.

It's a hard pass from me....
agreed, i think he looks like he's in a lot better shape now, but same thing as last time. posted some pictures of him in total shape, and then showed up to the fight looking terrible. it's a pass from me too, but i think he's motivated enough now, at least to finish out his contract. we'll see what happens to the original 209 gangsta

I knew it!

Gaethje is a woman!

What he ought to do is drive over to Dagestan, bitch-slap Mrs. Nurmagomedov, triangle Khabib, walk down to the hash bar, beat the fuck out of Islam and 30 other wannabe Dagenstani gym-rats, and then give all of them a psychology lesson, then walk back up to Khabib's house and apologize to the missus.

Like last week.

Dude is a pussy!

Back