Justin Timberlake Forced To Apologize For Complimenting Jessie William's BET Awards Speech

I don't agree with the bolded part.

If a racially profiling cop unjustifiably stopped two black men for a random search and one of these men were half white/half black, you think that cop gives a shit? My point is that, even half white/half black people will still have more black features that white features, starting with the most obvious, skin color

Does that mean he'll be giving back all the money to the white people who bought his shit music?

I went from not having any respect for Justin Timberlake, to not having any respect for Justin Timberlake.

SMH

Stomp on a white man's head and tell him what he can't talk about, then go on that whites have no idea about oppression.

If a racially profiling cop unjustifiably stopped two black men for a random search and one of these men were half white/half black, you think that cop gives a shit? My point is that, even half white/half black people will still have more black features that white features, starting with the most obvious, skin color
In all fairness, he only frisked him from the waist down.

Seriously guys...smh

Clueless white people exposing themselves in the thread

Insecure about their whiteness? No. Absolutely not. They know they're half white, we know they're half white, but the world doesn't view them as simply a half white person. They are not given the same privileges or leeway as say a full-white person gets. They may be half, but the world and those that control it, will always view them as a black person. And because of that, they are subjugated to certain disadvantages, stereotypes and racism that only minorities (and in this instance, black people) understand
I'm not white

Seriously guys...smh

Clueless white people exposing themselves in the thread

Insecure about their whiteness? No. Absolutely not. They know they're half white, we know they're half white, but the world doesn't view them as simply a half white person. They are not given the same privileges or leeway as say a full-white person gets. They may be half, but the world and those that control it, will always view them as a black person. And because of that, they are subjugated to certain disadvantages, stereotypes and racism that only minorities (and in this instance, black people) understand
true, but they pull more biddies, from all ethnicities.....Tyrese is like the only dark skinned guy that's a sex symbol to a wide variety of women (well and Tyson Beckford back in the day)

you win some, you lose some I guess

I can see their point. But I don't know if what JT does is really appropriating black culture. I have not really listened to his music that much though. But what that Iggy Azelea chick does is straight up theft of black culture. She is shameless. I think black people can be pissed at her all they want.

There is a thread on this in the War Room, but I'll add my 2 cents anyway.

Fuck Jessie Williams. I have a hard time taking somebody like this seriously. He wants to bitch about white privilege while he has a white mother, was raised in a Nuclear family, grew up going to private school, and graduated from a college that costs $41,000 dollars a semester to attend.

He has a double major in... African American Studies and Film and Media Arts.
We all know the war room posters are great with issues of race. I can predict every post in that thread.

"There is no white privileges."
"Black people are the only minority that complains to get what they want instead of working for it."
"So I guess we can't play rock & roll now because black people invented that."
"White power."

That should cover it.

White people, we have officially run out ifnshit to complain about if we are complaining about black people complaining about us appropriating their culture.

I never criticized his speech, simply the idea of Cultural Appropriation, I referred to it as a dumb topic because I think it is one. I started a conversation about the backlash Justin Timberlake received for simply complimenting the speech, not about the speech itself. I agree that there are still problems between races, I just don't think Cultural appropriation is really a problem. The reason why I am solely focusing on that aspect of the speech is because that is the main aspect that Justin received backlash for, which lead to this whole ordeal.
"Cultural appropriation" is a hopeless load of horse shit.

White people, we have officially run out ifnshit to complain about if we are complaining about black people complaining about us appropriating their culture.

This thread rustled the fuck outa you... 3 posts back to back to back = rustled

Good to know

genki-sudo-we-are-all-one.jpg

I'm not white

I was strictly responding to your white insecurity line. Initial comment wasn't directed towards you.

But just to reiterate my point. Doesn't matter if someone was half, quarter, eighth black, if they fit the description, they automatically become a candidate to being subject to any racism towards the black race

Who the eff is Jessie Williams?

I was strictly responding to your white insecurity line. Initial comment wasn't directed towards you.

But just to reiterate my point. Doesn't matter if someone was half, quarter, eighth black, if they fit the description, they automatically become a candidate to being subject to any racism towards the black race

And what racism is that exactly?

Back