K1 fighters who appeared in MMA

Ernesto Hoost vs Bob Sapp
g7qPt3l.jpg

JW5dMVI.jpg

FgceFqg.jpg

B5v2ubg.jpg

You forgot the "KO"
chair.JPG

Everybody knows about CroCop, but who were the most obscure kickboxers to make the transition?
Matej "Money" Penaz #5 mw of glory recently started his MMA career and is already 2-0

Pat Berry

2yplwnq.gif

Who happens to be engaged to the current UFC Strawweight Champion, and one of the MMA stars who would likely be able to successfully make a transition if she ever wanted to.

Zhang-Weili-knockout-gif-smaller.gif

Stefan Leko, probably best known for getting wheel kicked into oblivion by Badr Hari, fought three mma fights and went 0-3 all in under 2 minutes.

Who happens to be engaged to the current UFC Strawweight Champion, and one of the MMA stars who would likely be able to successfully make a transition if she ever wanted to.
She could certainly compete, but I think she would have a lot of issues with Anissa Meksen, Tiffany Van Soest, Janet Todd, etc... 115 womens Kickboxing is a pretty solid division.

She could certainly compete, but I think she would have a lot of issues with Anissa Meksen, Tiffany Van Soest, Janet Todd, etc... 115 womens Kickboxing is a pretty solid division.

True. However, she did KO and then proceed to win a 5 round decision unanimously 49-46 in essentially a pure striking battle against a multi-time world champion in Kick Boxing & Muay Thai. That was also at age 25, which wasn't even into her prime yet. She's only recently started to re-incorporate kicks back into her style because she was mastering the boxing aspect that she really didn't have training in.

True. However, she did KO and then proceed to win a 5 round decision unanimously 49-46 in essentially a pure striking battle against a multi-time world champion in Kick Boxing & Muay Thai. That was also at age 25, which wasn't even into her prime yet. She's only recently started to re-incorporate kicks back into her style because she was mastering the boxing aspect that she really didn't have training in.
Okay, but the Kickboxers I mentioned are Kickboxing champions that compete against other Kickboxing champions in Kickboxing (and in some cases Muay Thai)...

Okay, but the Kickboxers I mentioned are Kickboxing champions that compete against other Kickboxing champions in Kickboxing (and in some cases Muay Thai)...

I never said she would automatically come in and for sure dominate or anything. I'm saying that she has experience beating a champion level one from both sports twice in pure striking battles. It was to point out her striking prowess, and the fact that she would have a good chance of success if she focused entirely on that instead of dividing her attention between the other aspects of MMA as well.

Not to mention she's a sparring partner of Valentina Schevchenko, who is highly complementary of her skills, which should also tell you something.

Back