Media Kamaru Usman: "Why is Conor quiet? Who says no to a title shot?"

Calling out a guy from a lower division used to be frowned upon for a reason. Usman should know better. If Conor steps up, good for him. Still would get crap for it somehow.

Usman is high risk, low reward. The exact opposite plan of Conor, his management and the UFC. This fight isn’t happening folks.

Usman is high risk, low reward. The exact opposite plan of Conor, his management and the UFC. This fight isn’t happening folks.

I wouldn't say low reward. That third belt would legitimately put him in the GOAT standings.

Usman and Ali are desperate for the red panty life.

Ali: Conor needs to win 10 more times to get a rematch with khabib at lightweight.

few moment later;

Ali: Conor should fight Kamaru for the welterweight title.
It's almost like he works for his clients instead of them working for him. :rolleyes:

Usman and Ali are desperate for the red panty life.

Ali: Conor needs to win 10 more times to get a rematch with khabib at lightweight.

few moment later;

Ali: Conor should fight Kamaru for the welterweight title.

Wrong, those were Khabib's standards to fight Conor again. Clearly not Ali or Usman's.

I thought Usman mini-retired for the pandemic?

“Styles make fights” doesn’t bode too well for Conor in this scenario.

Yea it doesnt, but Conor unlike Woodley starts off very aggressive. The only way i see Conor winning is if he catches him with some shit right off the bat.

Well, becoming the UFC's first 3 weight division champion WOULD be something very special.

But let's be real, Conor gets clinched and wrestled down fast, then Ali would have a blast roasting him while getting his share of the payday from Conor in the process.

Damn, Mas and Conor ducking free title shots. Don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

Though tbf it's a testament to how the game has changed. It's not about belts or legacy anymore. It's about keeping the hype alive and milking it for all its worth. Some would call it shameful but fighting Marty is a bad business move.

I wouldn't say low reward. That third belt would legitimately put him in the GOAT standings.

Not really. He’ll never defend it, be stripped, and it will be as meaningful as GSP’s MW “run”. It moves him no closer to his two main goals, MayMac2 and the Khabib rematch.

He’d be risking every bit of momentum he has right now, and be doing it for a third of the payday he’s after. Even if he wanted to, his management would talk him right tf out of it.

This is Ali and Usman trying to make a story out of nothing, before he goes back into a camp and Ali’s hyping Khabib/Gaethje. I’m a little amazed people bought into it at all. To me it was even more transparent then Jon “offering” to fight Ngannou.

Usman knows this is easy money for him. He can't sell a ticket to save his life. All that tapping into Nigeria's wealth is bullshit. He needs Mcgregor to make a big fight.

The last time a fighter was calling Conor out like this

The illusion of greatness or something Eddie was talking about

There wasn't a word out of Conor or his camp and then the fight was announced out of the blue

Eddie_Alvarez-MULTI.00_55_45_09.Still001.0.0.jpg

Mcgregor has history of going quiet at these times

I can think of several other instances where he held back from commenting - one being when he could have fought Tony recently but went cold.

Usman calling out lower weight?
I hope McGregor answers the call.
Will be a banger.

Damn, Mas and Conor ducking free title shots. Don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

Though tbf it's a testament to how the game has changed. It's not about belts or legacy anymore. It's about keeping the hype alive and milking it for all its worth. Some would call it shameful but fighting Marty is a bad business move.
It could be they are ducking him but it's also possible they are waiting until the lockdown is over and they can make more for the same fight.

Back