Kape is sorry guys. Everything is ok.

It's just British slang for cigarettes, c'mon man!

A year from now, no one will remember little details.

All anyone will remember is Kape called City a bunch of :eek::eek::eek:s, DC fled, and UFC gave Kape a $50,000 bonus.

:D

To all the people saying good for him free speech, I say no way as you are representing the UFC on the biggest stage and you need to act accordingly and you cant say stuff like this or it makes everyone look bad and then sponsors will drop you and tv networks will cancel you. In any situation you can't say stuff like this and it will be OK.

To all the people saying good for him free speech, I say no way as you are representing the UFC on the biggest stage and you need to act accordingly and you cant say stuff like this or it makes everyone look bad and then sponsors will drop you and tv networks will cancel you. In any situation you can't say stuff like this and it will be OK.

budweiser tried to include trans people in their commercials and it completely backfired and sank their stock. you have to understand your audience.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will fucking kill me

People that use terms like "free speech" in situations like this are too stupid to even be worth spending 1 minute explaining to them how they're stupid. It would take a lifetime.

Apologizing is the way to go. With him I’m at least willing to acknowledge that he doesn’t have his pulse on the geopolitical issues in the US. Cut him some slack. Other guy better take a sensitivity class real quick

Yeah everyone needs to look at everything through the lens of America(western world). Views from the rest of the world are just wrong.

He retweeted a black dude in New York calling an Asian m*nkey..telling him to go back to china..etc

<6>

That's shitty. So is the homophobic language, but I do think some less educated types still use that term without intending it to be bigoted.

But what you're describing is just rank racism. Kape is entertaining in and out of the cage, but that type of stuff is really unfortunate.

Whole lotta posters in here talking like they're on Reddit and not a fucking MMA forum. Shame on you sherbros. Kape sucks.

<6>

That's shitty. So is the homophobic language, but I do think some less educated types still use that term without intending it to be bigoted.

But what you're describing is just rank racism. Kape is entertaining in and out of the cage, but that type of stuff is really unfortunate.
Yeah..i support his right to say what he wants and share his views freely...and I have a right to think he's an a-hole

As per usual, more outrage in response to 'the outrage' than the original backlash. Keep snowflaking, 'free speech absolutist' bitch boys.

Kape did a great job this weekend.
Great press conference.
Great fight.
Great post fight interview.

I don't doubt that KKF is a bad ass. But Kape put him on blast, made him look a cnt imo
But KKF stuck his tongue out and pulled a stupid face. That put Kape in his place

It's fucking cage fighting not a high end organised sport

All this stuff over Kape but Strickland regularly referred to Izzy as the "Chinaman". Now I assume maybe he meant "China Man" and was just unaware it was a slur? Or maybe I'm just too old and I'm the only one who remembers "chinaman" is a slur? Because no one ever even brought it up and the whole time I'm thinking "Haven't people been really raked over the coals for less?"

All this stuff over Kape but Strickland regularly referred to Izzy as the "Chinaman". Now I assume maybe he meant "China Man" and was just unaware it was a slur? Or maybe I'm just too old and I'm the only one who remembers "chinaman" is a slur? Because no one ever even brought it up and the whole time I'm thinking "Haven't people been really raked over the coals for less?"
I know...a lot of younger people dont know or dont care it's a slur

If he said Chinese man it's ok..but whatever...there's a lot more leeway on racism towards Asians

Reactions: MT5
I know...a lot of younger people dont know or dont care it's a slur

If he said Chinese man it's ok..but whatever...there's a lot more leeway on racism towards Asians
Yeah, I guess. Also maybe that's an American-only term? Like in Australia the anti Asian slur is something Australian-y like "wobgobble"? So you can say Chinaman all you want but if you say "Izzy spent so much time in China he's a wobgobble" all the Aussies would be like "Crikey, mate! Can't say that!"

Back