• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Media Karate Hottie shows before/after pics of weight cut.

If a male put so much fat on his body it would all go into the gut.

I wish more people knew the difference between dieting and working out to lose weight vs cutting weight. Starting at 134lbs she had to start eating better and the camp workouts shed weight. The "cut" is what they do when they dehydrate. Some of these fighters try to suck way too much water weight out of their systems in the few days before fights..

Some of these fighters try to suck way too much water weight out of their systems in the few days before fights..

Yes they do, on the other hand, everyone responds differently to losing fat. Women especially. Men can usually get down to crazy low bodyfat percentages like 5% without any massive hormonal or immune system issues. Most women get down below 15% and things start going nuts. You have some exceptions who are able to walk around ripped all the time like Jihn Yu Frey, Felice Herrig or Tecia Torres, but they are rare.

What this means is for some fighters, it's more healthy to cut a little bit more water at the end rather than getting thier fat percentage down too early. Michelle had a compromised immune system from cutting too much fat too early in quite a few of her fights. She would then get sick just in time for the fight. Usually just a cold and not a big deal, but still a negative. Recently, too combat that, she has not cut quite as much fat and instead cut a little more water. From the behind the scenes videos I've watched over the years, she used to only cut 2lbs of water the day before weigh-ins, now she cuts closer to 5lbs. Not a lot, but enough to help her immune system, I guess.

Everyone is different. That's just one example of how a little *more* water cut was a positive rather than a negative.

Before:
d4rx9cr.gif

After:
n8Rk2KK.gif

She did a whole Instagram story about it. You are pretty much dead on. She hovers around 125 a week or two out, drops to 120 a day or so before weigh-ins, then drops the remaining 5 or so pounds of water weight the last night. She gets back up to about 125 when she steps in the cage. Her cut to 115 is insanely easy, even with the extra muscle she has put on in the 4 years she's been in the UFC.

She's got a LOT of fat at 135, as evidenced by the pictures. Michelle NEVER missed weight at 105 and only had problems once because she took a short notice fight. She has said in recent interviews that she would go back to 105, but the UFC would have to pay her a lot more money, because it would suck.

KRn2EJ7.gif

You tripping.
I think she's probably wearing Spanx or something like that in the first gif, which is where the fake ass comments are coming from. Definitely not a fake ass, but she's bulked it up since moving up and I appreciate it, even if I miss some of the overall cuteness and sleek physique she's lost. Pretty woman either way.

Back