Social Kavanaugh's newest law clerk: daughter of his op-ed writer and one of his lone Yale Law supporters

What am I reaching for?

Would you not agree that most of the defenses in this thread have been irrational and/or irrelevant to the points? You also have people wavering between "nothing happened" (which could be true) and "if it happened, it's fine" (which is hackish, as no one would honestly defend it).

You're reaching to find something wrong with the recommendation and to find a reason to say the girl didn't earn the clerkship.

Yes, I agree that some of the defenses in the thread have been as irrational and dull as most of the complaints.

Nah dude you're just a complete loser who sits around in threads so above your level of intellect and talks shit. Some sort of weird jealously thing is my guess where you lack the written capabilities to express a real point or complex opinions, so you instead try to harass others who can pull it off.

Bless your heart sir

You're reaching to find something wrong with the recommendation and to find a reason to say the girl didn't earn the clerkship.

I don't see how that makes sense to you. Why would I even care? And my issue is with Chua's piece, which at least has suspect motives.

Yes, I agree that some of the defenses in the thread have been as irrational and dull as most of the complaints.

What "complaints" are you referring to? I'm talking about real ones rather than imaginary ones.

And guess what? they were crony friends before that too.

Even the shittiest students at Ivy League law schools are offered lucrative big law positions

For a century now, Federal Judges and Supreme Court Justices (most of whom came from Yale Law and Harvard Law) have been relying on their friends in the Harvard and Yale Law School faculty to send them a pool of new Law grads to choose for clerkship, and ultimately they make the final decision to hire the ones whom they think fits for the job from that pool.

This means the bulk of clerks are from Harvard and Yale, just like their professors and new bosses at the court, and that elite cycle perpetuates itself when those Harvard/Yale Law grads/clerks eventually becomes Harvard/Yale law professors or Judges and Justices themselves. This "nepotism" has never been a problem for anyone besides Justice Antonin Scala, who spoke up against this lack of diversity and actually made a point to find his clerks from other law schools.

Historically, voters on both sides of the political spectrum generally don't give a shit as to who the clerks are, as long as those Yale and Harvard Law grads are well-qualified and able to do their job, and let's not beat around the bush: we all know the sole reason why they're complaining about Sophia Chua (possibly the first Supreme Court clerk ever to be featured prominently in the news before her first day of work in DC) is because they're still sores about Kavanaugh.

But hey, since we're basically playing Reach for the Straws here and absolutely no one is willing to reveal why they think Sophia Chua isn't qualified to be a clerk, or if there were any candidates far better than her in last year's pool of clerkship candidates for the Court of Appeals who got unfairly passed over, you guys know who else are "crony friends" with Kavanaugh?

105065070_vert-1453e7968ee6a807957764e80cff81de5d4468c1-s800-c85.jpg

Yup yup, Elena Kagan personally hired Brett Kavanaugh to teach at Harvard Law when she was the dean there, and now he's on Supreme Court just like her! Outrageous!!!

But there's more!

DIPW42XXSBHSZPS2SCGHZZYV7E.jpg

Kavanaugh clerked for Kennedy, and now he's filling his mentor's seat right after he retired! Unbelievable!!!

Last edited:
I'm not saying someone deserves nothing.
Even the shittiest students at Ivy League law schools are offered lucrative big law positions
For the dozenth time: these positions are absurdly coveted, even when the talent pool is already limited to the best of the best. And yet here I am talking to a bunch of losers on an MMA forum who are white-knighting for one of the most privileged children in the history of human existence simply because the SCOTUS member who gave them a prestigious job is on "their team" (aka nominated by Trump)
im coming in fresh, why exactly is her getting the job a bad thing?

Alright I officially think @sloppypie @Jack V Savage @Trotsky @Fawlty @brackis1 et al have descended from lovable goofballs to bless their heart. I feel for you.....words on my screen, truly. Politics has done a number on you and I hope you don’t spontaneously combust in the next 5 years
I almost feel bad for that bracis dude, I thought he would be able to be a reasonable person, but he's just another homer with a knive in his AV

im coming in fresh, why exactly is her getting the job a bad thing?
Because it calls into question the impartiality of someone elected to the highest order of legal authority in the history of mankind as nothing better than a politicker.
I'm sure it happens with other SCOTUS folks too. It just boggles my mind that a bunch of people who will never get anywhere near the social elite status of this cohort sit around applauding and/or defending a system setup to reward pampered rich kids.

Because it calls into question the impartiality of someone elected to the highest order of legal authority in the history of mankind as nothing better than a politicker.
I'm sure it happens with other SCOTUS folks too. It just boggles my mind that a bunch of people who will never get anywhere near the social elite status of this cohort sit around applauding and/or defending a system setup to reward pampered rich kids.
how does her resume compare to those who didn't get the job?

For a century now, Federal Judges and Supreme Court Justices have been relying on their friends in the Harvard and Yale Law School faculty to send them a pool of new Law grads to choose for clerkship, and ultimately they make the final decision to hire the ones whom they think fits for the job.

This "nepotism" has never been a problem for anyone on any side of the political spectrum before, as long as those Yale and Harvard Law grads are well-qualified and able to do their job.

Since we're basically playing Reach for the Straws here and absolutely no one is willing to reveal why they think Sophia Chua isn't qualified to be a clerk, or if there were any candidates far better than her in last year's pool of clerkship candidates for the Court of Appeals who got unfairly passed over, you know who else are "crony friends" with Kavanaugh?

105065070_vert-1453e7968ee6a807957764e80cff81de5d4468c1-s800-c85.jpg

Yup yup, Elena Kagan personally hired Brett Kavanaugh to teach at Harvard Law when she was the dean there, and now he's on Supreme Court just like her! Outrageous!!!
Working with people and recommending them for positions is far different than plugging your daughter into a role.

Working with people and recommending them for positions is far different than plugging your daughter into a role.

It's only a problem for me if that daughter clearly isn't qualified for the job, but got hired anyway because of nepotism.

Again: if you or anyone else have any evidence that suggest otherwise, please share it with us.

I almost feel bad for that bracis dude, I thought he would be able to be a reasonable person, but he's just another homer with a knive in his AV

Kav could cure cancer like Biden is promising and these people would make it into a partisan issue

giphy.gif

You have two problems there, one this is sherdog we are all at the level...in-fact my LA 10 is writing this for me while I’m resting on her supple ass. Two, no one is applauding or defending a system that “rewards pampered rich kids”. I fact this particular person has earned her position.....so really there’s no problem here other than KDS

That's Justice Kavanaugh to you.

First of all, it’s Justice Kavanaugh as already pointed out. Address him properly.
Seething bootlickers who never addressed Obama as the president in eight years breaking down because Kav didn't get "addressed", as justice like he's in the room.

Hahahahahaha seething SNOWFLAKE conservatives

LOL I slaughter you tools with a Sherman's March of points disproving a fake chain-mail Obama story, then add personal anecdotes where I describe my inclusion in elite american academic and socioeconomic circles ....and you call me a communist?

You guys are true goobers with no ability to read, write, or think critically. I sit here trying to imagine who I'm talking to and what you must really be about in life and it's just so laughable that someone would bother spending time in threads like this while carrying such decrepit levels of political and professional fluency.

lol the fact you're calling a supreme court clerkship and "internship" shows how little you understand this shit. Supreme Court clerkships are literally the pinnacle of legal jobs for top law school student; fought over by thousands upon thousands of people.
Oh yeah, this is also the daughter of a random psychopath law professor, not the daughter of the United fucking States getting a job doing publicity outreach for an NGO.
Lay off the coke, nothing in the rant you addressed to me makes any fucking sense. I pointed out you are using terms like « subhumans » towards people who disagree with you and you accuse me of calling you a communist??!!

The lady seems to have the skills for the job and she qualifies as a diversity hire liberals should be praising her.<Prem771>

Lay off the coke, nothing in the rant you addressed to me makes any fucking sense. I pointed out you are using terms like « subhumans » towards people who disagree with you and you accuse me of calling you a communist??!!
Sorry your message got quoted accidentally. I was referring to the Alex toolbag. But I know... writing multiple sentences= coke to the small minded. Imagine if you had to read a legal document lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back