Kawajiri is the One to Beat Aldo

GustavHolst**

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Who has the durability to weather the storm for the first few rounds? Crusher Kawajiri.

Who has the relentless wrestling to wear down Aldo? Crusher Kawajiri

Who has the cardio and pace to outlast Aldo's suspect gastank? Crusher Kawajiri

He's coming for that belt. Prepare yourselves.

Who has the durability to weather the storm for the first few rounds? Crusher Kawajiri.

Who has the relentless wrestling to wear down Aldo? Crusher Kawajiri

Who has the cardio and pace to outlast Aldo's suspect gastank? Crusher Kawajiri

He's coming for that belt. Prepare yourselves.

Lol dream on

Big crusher fan but he got lit up by a nobody last fight.

Just a reminder for everyone:

Kawajiri manhandled the man who overpowered the big LW Benson Henderson.

Just a reminder for everyone:

Kawajiri manhandled the man who overpowered the big LW Benson Henderson.

To be fair Thomson improved dramatically in his last 3 fights win or lose. Kawajiri never was able to beat the really elite fighters like Gomi back in the day, Gil, Aoki, and Alvarez. I hope he goes far in the division though and he hasn't lost at FW yet.

To be fair Thomson improved dramatically in his last 3 fights win or lose. Kawajiri never was able to beat the really elite fighters like Gomi back in the day, Gil, Aoki, and Alvarez. I hope he goes far in the division though and he hasn't lost at FW yet.

Gomi was unbeatable back then, Kawajiri beat Thomson one fight off of Thomson getting robbed against Gil, Gil and Alvarez are just fucking good, man! :icon_lol:
Oh, and Aoki...Yeah, I got no explanation for that one. lol

I know Thomson has improved since then, but let's not forget that Thomson had already beaten Gil once at that point, so he was still the legit fighter he is today.

As a huge Crusher fan, I just want to see him bust some other muthafuckas up. He'd get finished by Jose :(

Gomi was unbeatable back then, Kawajiri beat Thomson one fight off of Thomson getting robbed against Gil, Gil and Alvarez are just fucking good, man! :icon_lol:
Oh, and Aoki...Yeah, I got no explanation for that one. lol

I know Thomson has improved since then, but let's not forget that Thomson had already beaten Gil once at that point, so he was still the legit fighter he is today.

Yeah but imo every fight between his two losses to Gil were really subpar compared to now. He landed less than 20 significant strikes against both Healy and JZ and the Noons fight was just bad.

Aldo is almost unbeatable and he is fucking good lol.

Kawajiri being the first proper Japanese UFC champion would be really strange.

Did he? or did he just expose the myth that the LW division has somehow advanced massively? rather showing that a lot of recent results have been more about style matchups, close decisions and some older names dropping off.

The main uncertainty about Kawajiri for me is his level today, grappling wise he still looks good but standing he's looked to be dropping off by 2012. At his best I don't think he could have beaten Aldo standing but might have been able to hang with him enough to work his grappling and maybe cardio advantage, today I have a feeling he might not last long enough.

As a big Fan of Japanese fighters (Japanese background so I am bias), but Old man Kawajiri beating Aldo? Come on man, ain't going to happen.

Did he? or did he just expose the myth that the LW division has somehow advanced massively? rather showing that a lot of recent results have been more about style matchups, close decisions and some older names dropping off.

The 2004-5 Kawajiri is literally the best lightweight ever, bro. :cool:

Back