Kelvin Gastelum needs help....

View attachment 848584
Man looks like this at 170 and still looked puffy. At 155 he’d be shredded and would dominate imo. Shame about his eating habits being so poor and with his losses hopefully a move to Bellator is in his future. Bye Fatselum enjoy the tacos after more losses.

When I first saw this picture, I thought it was a yoked Diego Sanchez on the left.

It’s not about the weight it’s the skill set.
He hadn’t added anything (noticeable) to his game in years.
He’s become one dimensional.

he would be in the same spot at today’s 170 that he’s at with 185. A strong competitor and a top 4 gatekeeper at best.

Usmans too strong
Gilbert Burns is too fast
Wonderboy would dance around and outpoint him
Edwards, draw or either way.
Colby is a crapshoot, Colby might just outwrestle him in rounds 4-5. Could go either way.

As I said, he could probably make 170 with a very strict diet
Whilst i'm not necessarily disagreeing with you..... I am just wondering if you knew that Kelvin Gastelum HAS in fact fought SIX times at 170lbs for the UFC.
Against :
Melancon (won)
Story (won)
Musoke (Won)
Ellenberger (Won)
Magny (Split decision loss)
Hendricks (won)
He only missed weight ONCE at 170lbs (against Musoke).
He won FIVE of those six fights at 170lbs.

So...just making sure you're aware that he has made 170lbs *many* times and each time (Except one) he has won the fight.

So to say "He could probably make 170" is very misleading. he HAS multiple times and won all those fights except one (split loss).
Gastelum should have stayed at 170lbs in my view, but he can't stay away from his momma's high-carb high-cal foods.(he has admitted that).

View attachment 848584
Man looks like this at 170 and still looked puffy. At 155 he’d be shredded and would dominate imo. Shame about his eating habits being so poor and with his losses hopefully a move to Bellator is in his future. Bye Fatselum enjoy the tacos after more losses.
That’s him at 185. He could never make 155, get your facts straight. The dude has the back of a freakin’ HW

3B5B796A-0C61-4F02-B987-30FF7316522B.jpeg

Whilst i'm not necessarily disagreeing with you..... I am just wondering if you knew that Kelvin Gastelum HAS in fact fought SIX times at 170lbs for the UFC.
Against :
Melancon (won)
Story (won)
Musoke (Won)
Ellenberger (Won)
Magny (Split decision loss)
Hendricks (won)
He only missed weight ONCE at 170lbs (against Musoke).
He won FIVE of those six fights at 170lbs.

So...just making sure you're aware that he has made 170lbs *many* times and each time (Except one) he has won the fight.

So to say "He could probably make 170" is very misleading. he HAS multiple times and won all those fights except one (split loss).
Gastelum should have stayed at 170lbs in my view, but he can't stay away from his momma's high-carb high-cal foods.(he has admitted that).
I am well aware of Kelvin's run at 170. But just because a fighter used to fight at a certain weight class when they were 23, doesn't necessarily mean that they could make that weight years later after moving up a weight class.

Conor fought at 145, I doubt he could make 145 now.
Poirier fought at 145, I doubt he could make 145 now.
Masvidal fought at 155, I doubt he could make 155 now.
Whittaker fought at 170, I doubt he could make 170 now.
Rumble fought at 170, zero chance he could make 170 now.
Overeem fought at MW, zero chance he could make MW now.
Etc, etc.

As I said, I'm pretty sure Kelvin could make 170 now if he dieted properly. But just because he fought there in the past isn't some sort of guarantee that he could make the weight 5+ years later.

At 185lb he's just a bit too short and not explosive or strong enough to overcome his height disadvantage, maybe he still could make 170lb but I don't see that happening. He also hasn't really made any major improvements in his game over his career, developed some respectable power punches but people are started to see the bluprint for his game.

People have different body types. Kelvin is an extreme endomorph, he's just naturally an extremely thick dude. You're just basing it off of his height and assuming that just because he's 5'9" and other 5'9" guys can make 155, he could too, which makes zero sense. In reality he could never, ever make 155 without cutting off a leg. He can make 170 with a very strict diet and a tough cut, but some guys just don't feel as good when they're cutting weight. People make the same argument with guys like DC, Fedor, etc. Some dudes are just thicker and it's not realistic to assume they could somehow change their body type and move down weight classes without severely impacting their performance.
Sherdog translation: Thick, solid but not tight

Is it really discipline though. Dude looks like he is naturally a big dude.

TS thinks bro science is the only solution to mma fighters weight cut issues.
As someone who has studied MMA closely for many years, I have concluded that if your fat you cant win. When has a fat person ever won lol DAnIel CorMiEr:confused::confused:

He’s naturally thick.
I can tell he has that girth

As someone who has studied MMA closely for many years, I have concluded that if your fat you cant win. When has a fat person ever won lol DAnIel CorMiEr:confused::confused:
Yeah DC just needs to cut carbs and do sprints so he can take the title from Volkanovski.

Yeah, just like Doostin was a world beater at 145. TS is an idiot.

I'd rather he go to HW to be honest, Gastelum has an EPIC chin, never ever been knocked out or stopped with strikes, his chin is amazing and I want to see him fatter, not gonna lie.

Also want to see Ngannou vs Gastelum because of Gastelums chin, his square asteroid head will be even larger and I want to see it... also we know fat fighters always have epic chins, so the fatter the better I say. Hope he goes up...

I was just thinking about his food troubles and what he'd be like if he didn't have athletic endeavors keeping his weight down. Would he be on 600lb Life without being in sports from an early age?

Kelvin has a great career record. Maybe he'll never be an Usman or a GSP. But he's a killer. And a handful for any fighter on the register. Quit trying to fix him with diets. Just let him be the mexican warrior he is and let him bang bro.

170 is a good division for him its just sad he doesn't have the discipline to keep his weight in check because he is undersized for MW

He should be a WW but has no discipline as far as his diet is concerned.

Back