Kelvin Gastelum Turned Down A Fight With Yoel Romero

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

So says Romero's manager. Sucks, that fight would have been awesome.

What the fuck ?

m9jgZ4Q.gif

Last edited:
Do you blame him???

Surprised to hear that. I don’t think kelvin matches up too poorly with Yoel. but I guess being 40, he’s a little young for kelvin

Last edited:
lol. Kelvin likes fighting older people who are past their prime. Yoels older but hasn’t declined enough for Kelvin to feel comfortable. He’ll call Yoel out after a couple more years when he believes Yoel is shot

I don’t know how anyone can take what Malik says seriously. The guy is consistently spewing shit from his mouth.

Also, Kelvin said he’d never want to fight in Brazil again after that idiotic decision to make his TKO win a NC.

You mean they tried to get Romero to replace Anderson instead of Bisping or at a future date?

{<huh} Anytime anywhere? Beating Romero just might have got you that title shot.

If he's not going to fight the upper tier of the division as they are clearly too big for him he needs to sort his weight out & return to WW.

If he's adamant he's a MW then this fight should be made, the UFC really needs to get control over fighters trying to cherry pick opponents. I can almost understand legit headliners who are coming to the end of their careers or their most established PPV sellers but recently it seems everyone wants a voice.

I like Kelvin, but Romero’s an even better wrestler than Weidman.. I don’t see that going well, then again Kelvins hands are faster than freakin Belforts, he does have a chance. I’d like to see

That fucking sucks.

Aren't fighters supposed to take fights?

Romero likely makes Kelvin his bitch. Not shocked he turned it down.

That fucking sucks.

Aren't fighters supposed to take fights?

Kelvin wants to go down to WW. He felt the size discrepancy against Weidman and I’m sure he knows Yoel has that same size advantage on him.

Kelvin obv knows he’s not a true MW.

Wouldn't mind seeing Yoel fight DC.
But anyway they should put him on the Perth card against someone in the top10 in case Rockhold or Whittaker drop out.

Keven probably doesn't think that will be enough time to cut back down to 185

Back