Kelvin Gastelum vs. Darren Till Official For UFC 244 in New York

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
White said he may have rushed the career of Till at WW. Then this first MW fight!?

Dana White ... believes the promotion rushed Till too soon. #4 MW!?

“I think Till went back to the drawing board,” White said to ESPN. “He’s a young guy. After the win over [Donald Cerrone], we may have pushed him too soon. It happens sometimes when a guy gets that much steam behind him. Pump the brakes a little here. Let him get back and work on the things he needs to work on. He’s going to be around.”

Read more at https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/D...n-Darren-Till-Hype-157275#2WOWC6pKs07M3sko.99

White is an idiot for stamping this fight. Till and his management are idiots for accepting it.

Last edited:
Till probably thinks a win over Gasrtelum brings him right back in contention. He's right, problem is, getting the W. Not happening.

Sherdog sleeping on Darren Till big time.

I am going to bump the post after Till defeat Fatstelum, and I will be the new nostradamus.

I can see Gastelum dropping him hard and finishing with good ole fashioned ground 'n' pound

Darren seemed like a really good prospect especially after he knocked out Cerrone but Kelvin is a horrible matchup for him

Till going to get slept once again. Kelvins handspeed and technical boxing is going to find tills chin in the first round

quite possible.

yee heard it heah feahrst kent, mi boi Till from eh Liver pool is gonna end that Mexicaan manlet Gastelum

OMG TILL must have made dana mad to get given this. How do you go from woodley to masvidal. Both losses to then step up again in competition and get kelvin gastelum coming off a championship fight that he did fucking awesome in. RIP

yeah, i don't like this fight for till, another fuckin beast to deal with, hats off to till for signing on the dotted line though

Why would Till, coming off two finish losses, get a shot at the guy who fought for a belt in his last fight?

Gastelum should fight Romero. That would be an amazing fight.

This is so wrong, IMO.

Even though I agree this is a stupidly hard fight for Till to take, it's going to be awesome to watch.
It's an interesting fight, just bad timing for till imo.

I Hope Till makes a good fight, although being gunshy is a common trait after getting floored a time or two, and KG is anything but.. Put up or shut up from Ufc brass imo.. And props to Till for banking on himself.

i get that NY is a big platform and its one of the biggest events of the year so as a fighter you want that attention

but fuck the commission and fuck those taxes, lol. ill fight elsewhere

Seemed like they fast tracked till to the title shot against Woodley and that backfired in a big way. So they gave him Masvidal in the UK when Jorge was coming off being inactive and being on a reality show somewhere in Latin America. Also backfired.

Now it feels like they are just trying to kill him off lol. Kelvin is not the matchup I would have pushed for coming off a knockout loss

Why would Till, coming off two finish losses, get a shot at the guy who fought for a belt in his last fight?

Gastelum should fight Romero. That would be an amazing fight.

People forget that Till was handily outstriking Mas before the stoppage as well, even landed a knockdown within the first minute

Far from a dominant victory, Mas gave him a lot of props as well

Considering how much younger he is than Mas as well, it's silly to sleep on him in a standup fight

I don't know that I would call Kelvin a better boxer than Mas either. Think some of those combinations he was landing on Till are something very few fighters can pull off

He wasn't handily outstriking him. Only Just in the first round. 2nd round Masvidal got his timing down, and the whole round was his. Till is very predictable. Also Masvidal was off for like a year aswell

Who knows I think till finishes kevin.till still has better striking than Kevin.

Back