Kevin Holland wants Khamzat Chimaev NEXT WEEKEND!!!

If Chimaev wasn't gonna fight Magny after Leon got COVID, then he's not gonna fight Kevin Holland.

I don't think they'll be able to find an opponent for Kevin on 12/19 and they already have 15 fights booked for that card. Anyone falls out of Weidman/Hall, Akhmedov/Breese, Tavares/Shoeface, Heinsch/Gastelum and he gets the call. I think Till, Vettori, Costa & Brunson will be matched up in some fashion next, with Cannonier probably out for a while and Rob waiting on Izzy. So I'm not sure who they could book him with next month, Hermansson probably won't want to get right back in there & I don't want to see Edmen until March/April at the earliest after the Brunson beating (he just turned 23). So that probably leaves unranked guys like Jotko, Strickland or Muradov.

I think hes gonna have a tougher time being as active as he wants to be now that he'll be ranked 12 or 13.

1U7s2AY.gif

Anime threads and a pokimane gif in this thread. Sherdog is leveling up.

Love Kevin, but stupid call out.

should have studied up a bit more pre fight to see what big name would be available

no disrespect to him I admire the hustle

Khamzat made his name off of being the guy willing to fight every week. Lol now he's not available? Holland has been much more active than he is.

Why would Khamzat take this when he has a #1 contender match lined up in a month lol

Chimaev is already scheduled to fight Leon Edwards. There is like .01 % of this happening.

UFC would be wise to not match them up. They're 2 fresh faces riding a lot of hype. Having one derail the other wouldn't be very wise with recent champions like Khabib, and Cejudo retiring. And not being able to count on booking someone like Mcgregor consistently. Need to start building some names, this year has been good for bringing new names to the top and don't think it'd be wise to shoot themselves in the foot with any of them.

Because he is claiming he will fight anybody and fight on a week's notice. Maybe he's not the guy everyone thought he was.

I think he proved he was willing to do that with his 3 fights in 2 months. But that attitude is moronic when you already have the biggest fight possible lined up
So according to Sherdog, he's coward for not taking the fight or a moron if he does lol

UFC would be wise to not match them up. They're 2 fresh faces riding a lot of hype. Having one derail the other wouldn't be very wise with recent champions like Khabib, and Cejudo retiring. And not being able to count on booking someone like Mcgregor consistently. Need to start building some names, this year has been good for bringing new names to the top and don't think it'd be wise to shoot themselves in the foot with any of them.
Exactly. Khamzat and Hollland are two of the hottest UFC assets has right now. No sense in having them fight each other.

Back