Media Kevin Lee: I found out through email

Back to McDonalds, at least that shit is a career

Think again. Be cool, stay in school.

chuck-norris-classroom.gif

Cutting Kevin Lee is astonishingly hypocritical and stupid . He lost to some killers recently but we all know he's incredibly talented . I guess it might be because of that 6 month Adderall suspension that broke the camel's back but still . When you have Smilin dipshit signed and you cut Kevin Lee it makes it all the more clear that this shit is about money and power not athletic integrity. ( To an extent of course)
smiling dipshit's show money is probably near nada.

Dang, I remember how this chick I was seeing a few years ago broke up with me over text when I was on a week long business trip. I wholeheartedly see Lee's situation as worse for sure. I suppose the UFC don't like face to face confrontations about this stuff.lol

How can a UFC fighter still be shocked at the lack of respect their employer shows them.

Your all just a number unfortunately.

i mean get with it idiot. none of us are special. all a number in a system. chewed gum. they suck you dry of your flavors. what you want an email or a fake phone call? email at least wasted less of his time.

Slide for audio

Lee stated he was still very emotional about the whole thing and was choking up a bit during the interview. I feel for the man.

UFC cutting people again? Damn.

Cutting Kevin Lee is astonishingly hypocritical and stupid . He lost to some killers recently but we all know he's incredibly talented . I guess it might be because of that 6 month Adderall suspension that broke the camel's back but still . When you have Smilin dipshit signed and you cut Kevin Lee it makes it all the more clear that this shit is about money and power not athletic integrity. ( To an extent of course)

"Cutting Kevin Lee is stupid."

I like my version better.

My guess is they were paying Lee well. If I remember correctly he signed a long deal (at one point he was a huge prospect.) Then he lost most of the fights on his contract then pops for some BS. It sucks because he always looked to be talented but always underperformed which isn't enough.

I don't understand, was he making a shit ton of money per fight? Dude's talented, good looking, smart enough to be a star. He lost to some damn good fighters yes, but seems like a waste. He is only 29 so he has at least 5 or 6 more good years ahead of him.

Kevin lees one sided beat down of barboza and his mugging of Chiesa are proof he is talented as fuck
He has had some hiccups but he definitely should still be there.
Shit like this only makes the UFC weaker. The more top talent with name value in different promotions the more diminished the product becomes. But it's ok. We still have all the awesome Dana whites contender series guys to watch

I don't know why he is surprised they sent him an email.
A contract which states they can release you any second. You should expect they don't call you.

I believe he can make more money now. But his followers won't grow because he has no platform. In the long term he will make less money.

Not sure who makes the final decision on this, but i can think of many fighters especially in WMMA and LHW division that should be cut before him.

Not a fan of his but I’ll give him credit. He didn’t duck anyone

Yeah, I don't know why they cut him. Aside from being talented, Kevin was becoming a household name that people would tune into despite all his losses, like Mike Perry.

He's lost 5 out of 7, with the last loss coming to an unranked fighter, and hasn't won in more than 2 years. Cutting him was completely reasonable. He was a blue-chip prospect who never panned out as a high-end fighter and didn't connect with the audience.

Doing it through email is obviously classless, but I wouldn't expect anything less from the UFC brass.

Back