Kevin Lee is proof that changing camps is NOT always the answer.

Arkham's Notorious Geyser

"Sorry about that"
@red
Reaction score
I see this question being posed from time to time whenever it seems a Fighters potential is stunted by the camp their with, fighters like Conor McGregor who some feel like he would have benefited from being from an elite level team like AKA, or ATT, instead of staying with SBG.

Now under normal circumstances I would be inclined to agree, but Kevin Lee and Conor are both PRIME examples that you can change the exterior of where you train and what you learn ALL you want, if you're mentally/stubborn, and weak, the changes will amount to jack shit. Kevin Lee has been with Tristar and training under Firas for a good 2? 3 years? And he still seems like the same fighter he was before. The only thing he "seems" to have "added" is a Front kick he uses early instead of leading with his Jab and rushing for a takedown. Other than that he still has the SAME cardio issues, SAME poor defense, and SAME bad tell tale signs whenever he faces adversity. He still even goes for the SAME set up with the high kick.

A fighters physical attributes are ONLY as good as the mind of the person using them, and for someone with gifted attributes that seem TAILOR made to be Champion, it's clear as day that no matter what changes he makes, he's still the same Kevin Lee.

giphy.gif

He has bad cardio, but his chin isn't weak at all.

I agree that his Chin isn't bad, he just doesn't eat shots particularly well, and seems to lose his legs more than his neck when getting tagged. And in regards to his Cardio, that sucks too, when I was talking about attributes I'm talking about his reach advantage and strength. Dudes explosive but in bursts, but he doesn't make good use of those Orangutan arms at all.

Well he changed camps after his head coach died. He's still keeping Dewy who has been his striking coach for the past 10 years
And Kev's punching and kicking haven't been very good or effective aside from that one Gregor headkick.

His shit cardio and weak chin are also physical attributes.

I don't know how people can't realize it... Kevin can't be better than he actually is.
Nah, I disagree. His chin is fine, his cardio is not great but workable.

It's his fucking boxing footwork. He doesn't seem to know how to move his fucking feet when he is throwing a combination.

He’s not an efficient grappler.

FKLs problem is that he uses strength to overcome resistance in grappling exchanges, rather than balance and technique. This causes FKLs muscles to build up lactic acid thus taxing his stamina.

When his strength is not enough to carry him against the elite fighters he has nothing else to fall back on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back