Kevin Lee is the next Erik Silva

• Thread starter Deleted member 556651
  • Start date

Is Kevin Lee the next Erik Silva?

• Total voters
Kevin lee was supposed to be the guy to destroy Khabib. Got outerestled and rekt by RDA
<{outtahere}>

He looks like he's in phenomenal shape. One of his issues is that he just doesn't pace himself well, his grappling style is very explosive and draining compared to say Khabib's. But even then his cardio always seems unusually bad.

Needs to work on controlling that damn gas tank

His corner man's watch wasn't cheap. How much does he pay him for crap advise?

His fight strategy is always so terrible.
He was having the most success standing, but he keeps trying to wrestle, which did nothing but get him gassed and lose position.

His corner never give him good advice lol
I think it's safe to say he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

carrying more weight needs more oxygen moving up will never improve his cardio.

You're making an assumption that his moving up means he put on more mass. Didn't appear to be the case to me, just less depletion. I know track athletes don't cut a fuck ton of weight in the days leading up to an event, if anything marathon runners will carbo load which means storing more water weight to the increased glycogen stores. He doesn't have cardio because he either doesn't train enough cardio or he's just too much of a fast twitch guy.

He looks like he's in phenomenal shape. One of his issues is that he just doesn't pace himself well, his grappling style is very explosive and draining compared to say Khabib's. But even then his cardio always seems unusually bad.
bro quiet. you said he would have better cardio. and you were wrong. admit it and move on.

I definitely thought RDA was getting the better of the standup, especially after round 1

Lee needs to switch camps. His cardio is bad because he doesn't manage his energy right. His corner doesn't give him good advice between rounds. I think he would do good with Jackson Wink. They know how to calm their fighters the fuck down between rounds and that's what it appears he needs.

EDIT: Also his stand up isn't bad but he keeps defaulting to cage grappling and it takes more out of him than his opponents (eating knees and expending energy). He comes off the cage diminished but he keeps doing it over and over.

He was kicking his ass standing.

Why was he beating him up and hurting him and then shooting in?

Gastelum did the same thing against adesanya. Shoot for a takedown so he can recover?
RDA was never majorly hurt. Was pretty even standing honestly.

He needs to go to TAM and get that sweet EPO for his 5 minute gas tank

Trying to overpower your opponent when you have big muscles will eventually gas you,

bro quiet. you said he would have better cardio. and you were wrong. admit it and move on.

Yeah I was wrong but it's puzzling. He was one of the biggest weight cutters so you'd think there'd be some improvement but apparently not.

You're making an assumption that his moving up means he put on more mass. Didn't appear to be the case to me, just less depletion. I know track athletes don't cut a fuck ton of weight in the days leading up to an event, if anything marathon runners will carbo load which means storing more water weight to the increased glycogen stores. He doesn't have cardio because he either doesn't train enough cardio or he's just too much of a fast twitch guy.
you will never succeed without carrying as much mass as other ppl especially if your fighting style is grappling heavy. so your options are either improve your cardio or stay in LW cause youre not outwrestling ppl 5-6 kgs heavier than you.

Ain't got nothing to do with his gym.

Well I'd say no.

I expect Lee to have a mildly successful and longer career in the UFC, atleast better and longer then Erick Silva did.

Kevin should have just spammed front kicks instead of wasting gas on pressing against the fence.

Back