Social Kevin McCarthy ousted; Mike Johnson becomes US House speaker

Heh you libs only wish you had your own Matt Gaetz. Isn’t he dreamy? Yeah you’re just mad

What the fuck does this have to do with my post or anything in this thread? You sniffing glue or something?
It has to do with Matt being representative of some incompetent fucks on the right side of the aisle, that will eventually lead to Republicans losing. Get your head out of your ass, and use a little common sense.

No. Mob rule would be going along with the mob. This is quite the opposite.

LOL. Yes, because they have their own guy to vote for.

Should I type "I misread the vote" in Spanish?

Compared to a speaker of their choosing? Yes. They didn't vote to remove him, because they want a different Republican in there.

Oh' yeah, the Dems are in tip top shape. Totally functional. Totally not panicking over 2024, and the mummy they have to put up there.
It wan't the Dems who
No. Mob rule would be going along with the mob. This is quite the opposite.

Compared to a speaker of their choosing? Yes. They didn't vote to remove him, because they want a different Republican in there.

Oh' yeah, the Dems are in tip top shape. Totally functional. Totally not panicking over 2024, and the mummy they have to put up there.
Ive seen the Democrats panic many times before and they aren't anywhere close to panicking right now.

It's not unique for the opposing party to vote against the speaker of the opposing party. It's expected.

Why would they vote for anyone else but their own candidate?

This wasn’t a vote to pick someone else. This was a vote to remove one person.

All 208 Democrats in attendance voted against McCarthy.

I assume you are happy with the vote.
Am I wrong?

Am I wrong?
The Freedumb Caucus wanted to hang themselves and those 208 votes were just more rope.
Now they get to sit back and watch them vote for another Speaker again all the while giving 208 votes to Jeffries.
You can say a lot of shit about Pelosi, but no way would she allow the type of shit show the Freedumb Caucus unleashed.
Forgot to add, if I was McCarthy I would vote for Jeffries for the 1st vote, and side eye, Gaetz.

It has to do with Matt being representative of some incompetent fucks on the right side of the aisle, that will eventually lead to Republicans losing. Get your head out of your ass, and use a little common sense.

Gaetz is representative of you. People like you elected him specifically to go be a dumb piece of shit all day. You can’t plausibly claim to have any problem with what he’s doing.

Why would any democrat vote for a douchebag like McCarthy without getting something in return? The vote was forced on them, it’s a simple yes or no question.

Agreed. But I don’t think that was based on anything other than ‘how are “we” as Democrats voting.’

you guys are so excited and talking about the disarray of the Republican Party..without the Democrat support
Gaetz does not get what he wanted.

so kudos to the Democrats for giving Matt Gaetz what he wanted.

Am I wrong?
It is both in a sense. There has to be a speaker. They are not voting to remove one person and then not have another person again.

No. Mob rule would be going along with the mob. This is quite the opposite

You argued that these individuals must destroy their own party because that's what their constituents want, even if its not the responsible thing to do.

Indeed, so how does voting for McCarthy in power is "bending to the Dems"

Nope, you should explain instead how this is what most Republicans wanted when they only got like 3% of the Republican vote.

A simple "Oh i was wrong, Republicans didn't want McCarthy gone" would also suffice.

But they won't get a Speaker of their choosing, they are just 8 guys.

8 members are the difference between majority and minority, so yeah, if 8 Republicans flip then Dems are the majority party, ergo Republicans don't get to choose Speaker, that's how it works.

Do you think a Democrats is gonna be elected speaker??

Better, the devil you know than the devil you don’t.

Ive seen the Democrats panic many times before and they aren't anywhere close to panicking right now.

They're in power, so you personally won't acknowledge it until they're not in power and ripping their hair out over what they did wrong. When you have the majority of the country hating everything you're doing, with a President(and his policies) floundering in the polls, a majority of your own constituents wanting someone else, and a soon to be convicted felon leading that guy in the polls, you're panicking.

This little distraction, is like tuning into a sitcom you like, to wash the bad taste out of your mouth when your team is losing a big game.

We need some martians to come down and wipe out congress and the senate just like in Mars attacks. No matter what letter is in front of their name they are all scumbag lowlifes who are destroying the country.
Aliens, eh?

Last edited:
Agreed. But I don’t think that was based on anything other than ‘how are “we” as Democrats voting.’

you guys are so excited and talking about the disarray of the Republican Party..without the Democrat support
Gaetz does not get what he wanted.

so kudos to the Democrats for giving Matt Gaetz what he wanted.
Yeah, Democrats were happy to oblige. Time will tell who got played. My money ain’t on Gaetz.

They're in power, so you personally won't acknowledge it until they're not in power and ripping their hair out over what they did wrong. When you have the majority of the country hating everything you're doing, with a President(and his policies) floundering in the polls, a majority of your own constituents wanting someone else, and a soon to be convicted felon leading that guy in the polls, you're panicking.

This little distraction, is like tuning into a sitcom you like, to wash the bad taste out of your mouth when your team is losing a big game.
It's still early and polls don't mean very much right now and even if they did mean something the polls show that the race is tied and like you said Trump is a soon to be convicted felon which should move the polls towards Biden when it happens. That's why the Democrats aren't panicking right now.

Am I wrong?

None of them voted for him to be speaker. Why would they vote to keep him speaker?

He could have avoided this by telling the MAGAs to fuck off and assembled a coalition of non-crazy Republicans and bipartisan leaning Democrats. Of course, he'd have to give the Democrats some of what they want (thats just how compromise works) but he couldn't do that because working with Democrats gives you cooties according to the MAGA twats. But imagine for a moment that he had actually done it -- he'd have his Democrat coalition members to protect him from the crazies.

Maybe if he tries to regain the speakership, he'll realize the stupidity of his ways and try a different approach. You can't reason with stupid so you shouldn't try to negotiate with them either.

Last edited:
Back