Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

Added a Sightmark Wraith to an AR10 in 308 yesterday. Need to get it sighted in and ready for those dang hogs that keep destroying things where I deer hunt.
That's the night vision one correct? not the Thermal? If so can you let me know how it goes. I would love a good quality thermal scope but the cost to use ratio is not worth it. My thermal spotting scope does good enough and finding the little bastards at night. So an IR NV scope might be fine for the rifles.

That's the night vision one correct? not the Thermal? If so can you let me know how it goes. I would love a good quality thermal scope but the cost to use ratio is not worth it. My thermal spotting scope does good enough and finding the little bastards at night. So an IR NV scope might be fine for the rifles.

Correct. I bought it from Bass Pro and used the 4 or 5 pay option to lighten the sting on the pocket book.

I didn't like the AR 10 I put it on originally so I'm planning to pair it with a Stag Arms Stag 10 in 308.

So, unable to be patient, I bastardized my AR300 into this AR9 pistol. I'm using a magazine well block that uses Glock mags. I haven't fired it yet but it seems to chamber, extract, and eject just fine. The magazine in the picture is a PMAG 27 GL9.

ar9.jpg

i can safely say that i hate everything about this pic.

and i didn't realize this thread was a general bs thread. lolz.

Correct. I bought it from Bass Pro and used the 4 or 5 pay option to lighten the sting on the pocket book.

I didn't like the AR 10 I put it on originally so I'm planning to pair it with a Stag Arms Stag 10 in 308.
How did the Sightmark go?

Looking for a complete 16” upper in the Goldilocks zone, something not too pricey that also has decent performance to 400 yards. PSA uppers are pretty cheap but most reviews I’ve read their MOA is pretty bad. At least they were, these are older reviews. And obviously Daniel defense is quality but that’s over 1k for the upper alone.

Anyone recommend me a happy medium?

Looking for a complete 16” upper in the Goldilocks zone, something not too pricey that also has decent performance to 400 yards. PSA uppers are pretty cheap but most reviews I’ve read their MOA is pretty bad. At least they were, these are older reviews. And obviously Daniel defense is quality but that’s over 1k for the upper alone.

Anyone recommend me a happy medium?

Maybe a Bushmaster?
https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...5-qrc-upper-receiver-assembly-prod142020.aspx

Or something from Aero Precision?

How did the Sightmark go?

Sorry for just now responding . . . for whatever reason I failed to see this before. I actually ended up not using the Sightmark on the new rifle. I want to be able to spend more time getting it dialed in better before I use it in the field. Haven't been able to do that.

Sorry for just now responding . . . for whatever reason I failed to see this before. I actually ended up not using the Sightmark on the new rifle. I want to be able to spend more time getting it dialed in better before I use it in the field. Haven't been able to do that.
If you had waited two months to reply I could have said "In the time you took to reply I literally had my first child". <45>

Back