Khabib 1,2 million followers on instagram?

He's insanely popular in Russia. Not even just Dagestan, his seminars/autograph signings in Moscow are swarmed by thousands of people going crazy screaming his name and wrecking Reebok stores.

The likeliest scenario is him or his agent/manager bought followers to make it look like he has a massive fanbase and therefore be more likely to get a big marketing push and make more money.

When you are an islamic Dagestani with a grappling heavy style it's going to be hard to get the marketing push in an American company. Even the untapped Russian fanbase would be against you because of your heritage.
Usually this would be true, but it's really easy to spot Instagram bot followers as they're not active at all. Khabib averages 100k+ likes and thousands of comments on his posts and most look like real accounts. He's huge in lots of Europe/Asia

Then he's the only one doing it?

Watch IG numbers of guys like Ferguson or Mighty Mouse,why other good and non-popular fighters don't do that?

Other guys and their teams must not feel the need to do so. They are more marketable on paper than Khabib. They have more casual friendly fighting styles and are of English-speaking western origin. There is no massive need to prove themselves via instagram as on paper they should be marketable. They don't have to fear being overlooked because of their heritage and fighting style.

Hes big in Russian since hes like the only succesful russian in UFC and you can buy followers on IG and twitter

Nate has 1.4 on Instagram and 740k on twitter

Nate has 1.4 on Instagram and 740k on twitter

I remember clearly he had less followers than Nick(700k) before his fights with Conor. This is what Nate meant when he said "I'm gonna take his shit and momentum and make it mine"

I remember clearly he had less followers than Nick(700k) before his fights with Conor. This is what Nate meant when he said "I'm gonna take his shit and momentum and make it mine"
Yes nick has always been the more popular fighter untill this year but it's good for Nate it's about time he finally gets some love Nate gained 1.2 million followers on Instagram after the mcgregor fight

Khabib number one instagram fighter, you now this. He will fight chicken and take title.

34D26F7600000578-0-The_parody_Putin_account_had_attracted_more_than_50_000_follower-m-38_1464790194796.jpg

This is a money fight with a very deserving contender and yet Dana, Conor and especially Kavannagh are being huge cowards trying everything in their power to not make this fight happen.

Back