Khabib and Floyd Mayweather both have one thing in common besides being undefeated...

They are both:

Teetotalism - Wikipedia

Both these guys avoid any alcoholic beverage. Not drinking allows them to recover super fast and it gives them longevity. On the opposite end, you have Chuck Liddle and Conor McGregor who go hard in the booze and this leads to slower recovery which negatively affects their performance.

Donald Trump also refrains from alcoholic consumption but I'm going to be honest with you, he is not doing it for Islam but rather he had a brother who passed away from being an alcoholic.

Khabib had an injury riddled career and retired at 32, I don't think I'd call that longevity.

You do know the difference between alcohol and alcoholism, right?

lol
Do you understand the concept of poison? Why would you even consume toxins, be it alcohol, sugar, white bread (bleached if you live in the US), vegetable oil? Those things are designed to hurt you.

Actually that s bullshit. Red wine , of consumed in moderation (1-2 glasses per day), is actually beneficial for you arteries.
No, it's not.

The idea that wine is beneficial came from a bunch of idiot doctors. Which has its roots in the ideas of an American idiot doctor in the 1970s. This doctor, without evidence, decided that fat and meat are bad. They cause high cholesterol.

The latter idiot doctors could not understand that if fat and meat are so bad, how come the French are so healthy? So the idiot doctors started to think. They obviously weren't good with the thinking, but did the best they could. Without any evidence, they concluded it has to be the wine. Because it just sounds so damn right.

The idea that a little bit of alcohol and sugar is good for us is the idea that a little bit of poison is good for us.

There is no difference. Consuming alcohol whether you're an addict or not is a conscious act of destroying your liver. In both cases, it's a mental illness. There is no such thing as "moderation" when it comes to outright poison.

You’re entitled to your opinion.

Do you understand the concept of poison? Why would you even consume toxins, be it alcohol, sugar, white bread (bleached if you live in the US), vegetable oil? Those things are designed to hurt you.

Oh teach me of your perfect and flawless ways.

Maybe one day I’ll have an incredible life such as yours. Lol

Was your dad an alcoholic or something? If so, I'm sorry you went through that. But fuck off, stop trying to preach to people on the karate forum. Plenty of people can drink in moderation and not cause long-term damage to themselves. I've drank three times this year and each time was a blast with friends. But I'm not sitting here guzzling it down like some sort of lush.

What's with all the weird prohibitionists on Sherdog these days? Motherfuckers always gotta try to tell people how to live.

I have another theory as to why… Floyd and kabib received top tier training … while Conor is over at the Irish edmond’s mcdojo…Based off superior training, I wud still favor kabib and Floyd even if they were both raging alcohols and Conor was a Mormon
I agree - Conor and Floyd may both have their own teams (meaning they don't train in a big gym like ATT / TriStar, etc), but Floyd actually trains with a team that pushes him, while Conor is surrounded by "yes" men that are either afraid to give him criticism or don't know any better.

Floyd, Khabib, Trump.

All goats
There’s no question trump is the greatest conman ever ... conned his way to the highest office of the land (and the world). Still continues to do so even without the tweet machine. Both Floyd and khabib have a case to make in their respective fields but they have fierce competition.

Everyone smokes. It's not taboo. Every job someone goes out for a smoke break, they have smoke break stations everywhere. It's not taboo at all. The whole country is still smoking. Go to any restaurant/bars/night clubs you'll see people smoking everywhere. Most of the military smokes ciggs, lots of cops smoke ciggs, bartenders smoke ciggs, basically every job and profession has smokers, lots of people smoke ciggs in general. I don't know what part of America you live in where no smokes ciggs. The rest of the country is still smoking their lungs out.

Maybe more decided to quit with covid adding extra stress on the lungs. But I'm sure there are still people smoking regardless and will continue to do so.

Excludes vaping

upload_2021-8-1_6-38-40.jpeg

edit: Vaping

8EEFEC80-C9A0-41E1-B849-1EDD85348C34.jpeg

Last edited:
Actually that s bullshit. Red wine , of consumed in moderation (1-2 glasses per day), is actually beneficial for you arteries.
“Beneficial for your arteries” lmao. It’s poison for everything else regardless of whether it’s any good for your arteries. These alcohol companies pay for studies so that the public lowers their guard and think it’s must not be too bad. You know why most people still think breakfast is the most important meal of the day? Because the cereal companies paid for studies where scientists made that claim. Think critically and understand who is behind these studies that claim red wine is good for you in moderation. Its bought and paid for by Diageo and companies like that, total bullshit.

Last edited:
“Beneficial for your arteries” lmao. It’s poison for everything else regardless of whether it’s any good for your arteries. These alcohol companies pay for studies so that the public lowers their guard and think it’s must not be too bad. You know why most people still think breakfast is the most important meal of the day? Because the cereal companies paid for studies where scientists made that claim. Think critically and understand who is behind these studies that claim red wine is good for you in moderation. Its bought and paid for by Diageo and companies like that, total bullshit.
Alright sherbro, I ll believe your silly ass over scienti

Ok sherdork, I ll believe you over "corrupt" doctors and scientists that work for booze companies.
My grandpa is 100 yo and has been drinking 1 glass of self produced red wine per meal for the last 70 years.
Never smoked a sigarette, always ate his own groceries and eggs, had 7 kids starting in his forties and finishing when he was 60.

Go tell him wine is bad, you brainwashed dickhead

Alright sherbro, I ll believe your silly ass over scienti

Ok sherdork, I ll believe you over "corrupt" doctors and scientists that work for booze companies.
My grandpa is 100 yo and has been drinking 1 glass of self produced red wine per meal for the last 70 years.
Never smoked a sigarette, always ate his own groceries and eggs, had 7 kids starting in his forties and finishing when he was 60.

Go tell him wine is bad, you brainwashed dickhead
Jesus, your dumb ass is too stupid too know that the story about your grandpa is purely anecdotal evidence, it is statistically meaningless and carries zero scientific weight. And if you aren’t aware of corporate influence of scientific studies then you’re simply too stupid to help.

images

It's pretty clear from the replies in this thread that the people who don't drink seem to be far more bitter and angry than the drinkers

That's good then overall. Smoking is pretty pointless, and anyone that was a smoker and was able to quit will all say that. I used to smoke and was able to quit by switching to vaping and lowering the nicotine levels until I was at zero and just stopped all together. The tobacco industry will shift though knowing it's going to continue with a downtrend and with UK planning to ban it will greatly affect their future planning. Most will switch industries like most are already doing with vaping and cannabis/marijuana. Long term cigarettes will eventually phase out and won't be as profitable to continue on. I'm sure most companies are already fully aware of the future trend. Some got a head start doing business in legal states, others are probably waiting for federal legalization similar to Canada and other countries. USA is actually pretty behind when they were one of the first to do state legalizations. Once the science came out other countries went first and USA is still in medicinal use and a couple of legal states. They fell behind when they should've been the front runners.

You do know the difference between alcohol and alcoholism, right?

lol
There is, just as people have different reasons for not drinking. I don't drink for example because I see zero appeal at all. Never been interested and don't plan on getting fucked up and partying for the sake of it even if it's not a frequent thing. I like the taste of wine so if I do anything I'll have even less than a full glass in the rare event that I do but much like cigarettes I never understood why you would purposely subject yourself to something that tastes bad and burns only to become addicted when you didn't even like it. I don't think there's anything you can say against people who don't drink because it's healthier than consuming it in the first place.

There is no difference. Consuming alcohol whether you're an addict or not is a conscious act of destroying your liver. In both cases, it's a mental illness. There is no such thing as "moderation" when it comes to outright poison.
Why does your pic look so much like islam makhachev ?

Is this an edit of some sorts or just a coincidence?

Back