Media Khabib and Gaethje Face Off on Fight Island

1 of them is totally shook - 1 of them is losing

* more stunning predictions upcoming *

INb4 Justin KO's Khabib and crashes Sherdog. :)

They both look ready, both look confident, that's about it.

I'm wondering how many seconds are going to elapse from the 1st bell before Khabib shoots a low-shot on Justin. Maybe 10? 20secs? Might be even less than that. Really Khabib needs to drag Gaethje down and drain him -- probably even more important to do that in this fight than against someone like McG.

Man, I wish I can share your confidence.

Obviously a lot of fighters picked conor to win over khabib. But I feel gaethje has the most picks, A lot of fighters are picking him over khabib. I'm not saying it means anything, but it definitely highlights his momentum. The costa thing was obvious to me. I knew costa wouldn't win even though I was cheering for him.

I just hope khabib mauls him. It would be a statement win imo.
To be honest, for me, it won’t even be a statement win. Gaethje is a JBG but nobody has really tried to wrestle him at the elite level. Khabib is the best wrestler in the UFC. Beyond a shadow of doubt.

Gaethje is going to gas and tap. He was able to control the pace against Tony, but there’s little chance of that in this fight. I didn’t think Conor stood much chance either, but he’s pretty good with distance/timing and obviously a cut above Gaethje striking. Poirer is a better fighter than Gaethje too. Khabib demolished both them, and anything less than an asswhooping here would surprise me. Sure, Gaethje wrestled in college but I don’t see that being any problem for Khabib. He’s getting mauled after the first 5 minutes.

To be honest, for me, it won’t even be a statement win. Gaethje is a JBG but nobody has really tried to wrestle him at the elite level. Khabib is the best wrestler in the UFC. Beyond a shadow of doubt.

Gaethje is going to gas and tap. He was able to control the pace against Tony, but there’s little chance of that in this fight. I didn’t think Conor stood much chance either, but he’s pretty good with distance/timing and obviously a cut above Gaethje striking. Poirer is a better fighter than Gaethje too. Khabib demolished both them, and anything less than an asswhooping here would surprise me. Sure, Gaethje wrestled in college but I don’t see that being any problem for Khabib. He’s getting mauled after the first 5 minutes.
What does JBG Mean? No concern about the leg kicks?

I love how many psychologists we have on sherdog who are constantly wrong in their observations.
The observations are correct, it's the conclusions that are derived from those observations that are tough to get right!

I personally thought Justin kept it cool, but I would agree that his arm was twitchy. I do not think that means Khabib's in his head though, I think it means that he is anxious to throw. Sometimes that is enough of a tell to give a fighter an edge, but I honestly do not think that's the case here. I think it just confirms that Justin plans on throwing with bad intention. Khabib's no Conor, so I do not see him using it to his advantage, i.e. well timed counter.

That said, I did feel that Gaethje did not command that face off. He pretty much reacted to Khabib's actions, i.e. reaching out for handshake and the level of civility or respect shown. If that pattern continues then Khabib will necessarily dictate where the fight goes and at what pace.

Taking the above two into consideration (bringing the fight twitch to the stare down but not dictating the stare down), my tarot cards tend to fall with the balance of the arm chair analysts. Justin will over commit with the left and leave himself open for the take-down, thenceforth Khabib will dictate where the fight goes and at what pace.

Furthermore, judging by the danger posed by Gaethje, I do not think Khabib will suffer this fight going into the third. Welp, there we go!

Let the cards fall where they may!

The problem with the keg kicks is that it opens him up to being taken down and he'll need 15+ to even slow Khabib down as he landed on Poirier at will and proceeded to get stopped.

Gaethje's arms look quite tiny compared to Khabib,

Just Bleed God

Nah, not really concerned about leg kicks. I’ll be rooting for Gaethje but I’m fairly neutral. I’d love to see a good, strategic war, but I think Khabib’s vastly superior grappling will be on display.

I’ll be beyond shocked if Khabib doesn’t have Gaethje working off his back early on in the second round. If they are standing long enough for Justin’s kicks to accrue serious damage, he will have bigger problems on his hands because Gaethje will knock him out. I just don’t see someone keeping Khabib at bay long enough. Conor had the best chance catching Khabib coming in, but he seamlessly initiated his grappling. Dunno. I’m happy to own up if I’m wrong, but I don’t really see Gaethje presenting much threat.

I’ll be beyond shocked if Khabib doesn’t have Gaethje working off his back early on in the second round. If they are standing long enough for Justin’s kicks to accrue serious damage, he will have bigger problems on his hands because Gaethje will knock him out. I just don’t see someone keeping Khabib at bay long enough. Conor had the best chance catching Khabib coming in, but he seamlessly initiated his grappling. Dunno. I’m happy to own up if I’m wrong, but I don’t really see Gaethje presenting much threat.
I've seen one leg kick change the course of a fight. I think to neutralize khabib though, he'll need a lot of them so its not likely. We'll see. I would be happy if you're right and it gets mauled.

The problem with the keg kicks is that it opens him up to being taken down and he'll need 15+ to even slow Khabib down as he landed on Poirier at will and proceeded to get stopped.
In regards to the calf kick, How can you catch that kick? it's not even telegraphed and that's his most dangerous kick.

don't be so sure ... Justin is a beast.
Khabib has done it to better fighters. We’ll see though. Hope it’s a great fight, but I’m not envisioning Justin’s wrestling being good enough.

Khabib saw the nervousness in Justin and he patted him on the shoulder to tell him it’s going to be alright kid, very quick and fast finish I promise!
Khabib bless

Khabib has done it to better fighters. We’ll see though. Hope it’s a great fight, but I’m not envisioning Justin’s wrestling being good enough.
khabib is an overall better fighter, but styles make fight, and justin's style is the best to beat khabib among all the other LW.

Back