Khabib dropped from #1 Ferg #1 now

Makes sense but I still think khabib is the best 155 in the world.

Khabib already defeat RDA. And MJ is the guy who sonned TonyF.

Also Khabib has the undefeated aura. He is the champ we deserve.
MJ is pathetic. Tony had a broken arm 2 rounds of that fight and MJ *still* couldnt finish him. Went to decision.

What you call sonned I call a loss if you cant finish a guy with a broken arm.

You people are fucking nuts. The guys barely fought in the past 2 years, has 1 good win and is Jon Fitch level exciting. He doesn't deserve the #1 spot. Why he even had it recently is beyond me
I didn't say he deserved it, I said I thought that's what was going to happen.

Does it matter? Conor isn't fighting either one of them.

Last edited:
Rightfully so, he hasn't done anything of note for a long time

He can take it back against Johnson though

I didn't say he deserved it, I said I thought that's what was going to happen.
If I had to guess, the fighter that gets the next LW title shot will quietly slip into or stay in the #1 spot.

Good. Ferguson is on a nine fight win streak (six of those stoppages), and Khabib has only fought seven times (three stoppages) in the UFC. Both have two top-ten wins.

Khabib is on a 23 fight win streak. 23 > 9

If I had to guess, the fighter that gets the next LW title shot will quietly slip into or stay in the #1 spot.
Yep. I agree with what Ariel said on the MMA Hour, even if that just isn't who Tony is he needed to go out there after that win and cut a promo on the mic. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and with Khabib right up there in the mix, a title shot is not guaranteed. He missed out on a golden opportunity.

Rightfully so. Ferg is the clear cut #1 LW contender after beating the beast mode version of RDA, and not with a one hitter quitter, but he systematically beat him down.

UFC rankings are a joke. Absolutely meaningless.

Who? Khabib? the guy who is a blanket and has like 1 fight in the last decade, and does mostly whining on social media full time?
gimme break

Well no one has yet to beat him. That's the main reason for his high ranking.
It probably is... And they told us lightweight was deep...beating one unranked guy in two years..

Those of you who are hating on Khabib need to realize that even though he may be a "boring" fighter because of his style, there is no question that he has ELITE grappling skills and is able to completely impose his will on anyone he faces. Nobody has been able to figure out a way to stop him, and quite frankly, I don't know if anyone will for a long time. I've said it before, nobody is gonna be able to beat him in a decision because of his grappling control. It's going to take a KO punch to end his reign and that's about it. The most interesting thing about Khabib is he has never been tagged clean and rocked, so nobody really knows how good of a chin he has. And if he has one like Diaz or Ferguson, God help the rest of the LW division lol.

Good. Ferguson is on a nine fight win streak (six of those stoppages), and Khabib has only fought seven times (three stoppages) in the UFC. Both have two top-ten wins.

Ferg has 3 now actually if u go by UFC hankings.

Thomson, Edson and RDA

josh-thomson-vs-tony-ferguson-fi.jpg

Sounds about right, wonder what will happen if Khabib absolutely destroys Johnson and finishes him though

Khabib is on a 23 fight win streak. 23 > 9

I can go in my kitchen right now and throw 23 cans on the floor and be 23-0. BFD.

UFC is all that matters. Certainly not backwoods Russia in 8th tier orgs. None of the guys even have a wiki page.

Those of you who are hating on Khabib need to realize that even though he may be a "boring" fighter because of his style, there is no question that he has ELITE grappling skills and is able to completely impose his will on anyone he faces. Nobody has been able to figure out a way to stop him, and quite frankly, I don't know if anyone will for a long time. I've said it before, nobody is gonna be able to beat him in a decision because of his grappling control. It's going to take a KO punch to end his reign and that's about it. The most interesting thing about Khabib is he has never been tagged clean and rocked, so nobody really knows how good of a chin he has. And if he has one like Diaz or Ferguson, God help the rest of the LW division lol.
What do you mean nobody can figure him out? Go watch Tibau fight where he went 0-13 on TD and lost according to 90% of media. He actually needs to fight more top 10s and he'll be figure out again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back