Khabib goes full "Dana was never my friend" with strong jabs at UFC over figther pay.

Imagine Fedor KOing Ngannou by some christmas miracle.
The funny thing is that with Fedor the odds of an undersized 45yo fat guy KOing Ngannou are still there, as slim as they are.

He's not the first to challenge Dana by picking up spent fighters UFC released and trying to piggy-back off Dana's work.

Hope he ends up where everyone else did.

What I would like to see is ALL fighters getting paid well. That would bring a lot more elite fighters. Better competition would get better fights, get better competition and even better rules, since when it involves too much money, everyone will take things a lot more serious than how it is now.

This is complete and utter bullshit and you know it. Not a single thing you whined about is true.

Here’s some good advice, son: Don’t try to run a business.

Interesting.

He literally said this earlier:

“Nothing (about promoting is) easy, honestly,” Nurmagomedov said. “He’s right, Dana White. I’m going to have meeting next month in Vegas with him. I’m going to talk with him a lot about all this kind of stuff. I’m just beginning. How many years he have experience? He’s the best in the game and it’s a big honor for me to learn from him.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2022...ov-learn-dana-white-eagle-fc-us-debut-meeting

Dana is right that Khabib is going to find out how hard it is to run a fight promotion.
Yes, I believe that too. I’m not saying EFC won’t succeed. But it’s a fulltime job that takes years to accomplish. Even with buying a pre-existing promotion. If Kevin Lee is the marquee name on your roster. You have a serious amount of work ahead of you. And overpaying the guy is not the wisest business decision I’ve ever heard of.

I don’t think fighters are just going to jump ship from the tried and tested UFC just for a few dollars more. And trying to outbid the UFC for fighters they actually care about, sounds like a recipe for financial disaster. It’s not as simple as just being able to pay more either.

Do people in here really believe that the casual fan even knows that Khabib owns his own promotion now? Even if they do they aren’t going to watch it just because he owns it. That’s delusional fan boy thinking. And they certainly aren’t tuning in to watch Lee vs Sanchez. Those are both fighters the UFC kicked to the curb. And the UFC has done it with fighters that have much more cachet.

The grass isn’t always greener on the other side of the fence. And this is business, not some toy you play with. Investors do expect to see a return at some point.

It will be a few years yet, maybe a decade or 2,but the ufc will eventually have a legit competitor and it will begin to look like boxing

Once they start paying stars more, the cards will be diluted even more and fighters will be cut

I would like fighters to get more, but be careful what you wish for

This sport could follow boxing quickly

I've been hearing that for 20 years now, I hope the UFC doesnt go way of boxing where the inmates run the asylum and there is basically no such thing as a "good card", only main events.

That's take is a big stretch.

He said, "If they don't treat good [their] fighters, Eagle FC is here."

He's building a business. Talent acquisition is part of it. It's not personal, it's business.

Interesting that all these guys bite the hand that feeds them and talk a lot but up losing the war because UFC just had its biggest year in history.

Only Conor was wise enough to partner with the UFC and they let him make bank with Mayweather

This is complete and utter bullshit and you know it. Not a single thing you whined about is true.

Here’s some good advice, son: Don’t try to run a business.
kid, keep trying to protect the UFC when everyone knows better.
Here’s some good advice, kid: When everyone is crazy, then maybe it's a good time to check if you are the crazy one.

He created eagle feng karate to complete with the already established but evil Cobra Kai.

- this is playing out like the Netflix show ^^

That is because there is only so much money to go around. Even these smaller leagues end up closing shop because they are broke so you have to be careful what you spend if you are not bringing in millions in revenue

Lol what a massacre that would be. And you know fedor would take the fight too. Lol. Please set it up Khabib. As where I am not a fedor fan boi, you know he still has a shot, albeit a tiny glimmer of one.
could you imagine if Fedor dumped Francis on his head and took an armbar. Even with no chin he still has a chance lol

I like seeing fighters have other options, just in time lets see how it does.

kid, keep trying to protect the UFC when everyone knows better.
Here’s some good advice, kid: When everyone is crazy, then maybe it's a good time to check if you are the crazy one.

Kid? Look at our join dates, stupid. LOL.

Your advice is actually an old quote. Did you rip that and think you’d sound smart posting it here? Good god….

Reactions: TCE
He's not the first to challenge Dana by picking up spent fighters UFC released and trying to piggy-back off Dana's work.

Hope he ends up where everyone else did.
Biggest Dana ass kisser ive seen o here so far. Wow. Lmao

Interesting that all these guys bite the hand that feeds them and talk a lot but up losing the war because UFC just had its biggest year in history.

Only Conor was wise enough to partner with the UFC and they let him make bank with Mayweather
How many Dana ass kissers are on here ?

Kevin lee signing is a relatively big deal. It could help other unhappy fighters sign.

It also helps that Khabib has fighters like Rashad Evans, Cejudo, and Usman promoting EFC.

Morons,

If you think compensating fighters more than the competition will make an organization successful, you’re in for a disappointment. Khabib is a beaten man right now and doesn’t understand how the machine works He can pay all his fighters a million bucks each….it won’t matter if he can’t sell PPV’s. He’ll be outta business faster than Affliction.

Back