KHABIB HATERS: Post All The Times He's Been Rocked....

It’s a much closer fight then I thought.

I’m pulling snd gonna put money on khabib later , (odds will go down dramatically near fight week to pickem or even Connie fav) but this is a much closer fight than I initially thought.

I still don’t see the irresistible force vs immovable object argument here, bug it’s getting closer.

Epic matchup, my money will be on the dagestani.

(Btw, the autocorrect on mobile is atrocious)

Seems like Khabib has divided the Sherbros with some of us thinking he's "The Guy" and others think he's just the "The Guy Who Connor will KTFO" (I'm of the former camp, but I can definitely see an argument for the latter).

The biggest divide seems to be about his Striking (both offense and defense); I've seen Sherbros on the boards non-stop say he has no hands, no defense, no footwork, etc. Now I'm not sure if it's comparative bias (his opponents are typically much better then him at striking so that he looks bad by comparison in most match-ups), but I would agree that his offense is definitely "odd" to say the least (if we are being kind); very sambo-esque in that he doesn't jab much, prefers to throw casting punches or launching attacks so that he can force his way into the clinch or a chain-grappling sequence. Very unpredictable but not the most technical approach, I've seen him land huge shots on solid fightesr without getting countered; i.e. leaping uppercut on Tavares/flying knee on Healy/etc. Average footwork at best, but seems to have perfect sense of timing (when to engage and how to chain off of the initial exchange).

I just recently rewatched the Michael Johnson fight and it does seem to be gross exaggeration that he is so bad defensively that he is getting destroyed on his feet; MJ landed a big shot early that definitely made Khabib take note, but he wasn't rocked at all - fighters know when they rock another fighter (can usually tell from the feeling of landing that strike or just seeing their opponents eyes gloss over/roll back/legs buckle/etc.), that's why Nate went after Connor in the first fight after landing that huge counter straight left - MJ didn't "miss his opportunity to finish Khabib," he landed a really good punch that did some damage and then proceeded to get grapple-fucked, end of story. From what I can recall most of his opponents are usually so pre-occupied with not getting grapplefucked that they aren't able to implement their striking against him.

So please enlighten me here - outside of the MJ fight (which I'm sure some will still debate he was "rocked" despite him never stumbling/doing the stanky leg/acting hurt/having his opponent try to finish him) what are the other instances where he has been "Rocked" in the UFC or at minimum hit with a huge shot?

***Please don't come @ me with "the guys he's fought are all grapplers!" BS; he can only fight who he's been matched up with and many of them have been well-rounded with incredible striking, the guys who are "Pure Strikers" don't exist in the top 15 outside of maybe Edson Barboza & Connor

Michael Johnson - Best hands at LW outside of Connor probably (and great wrestler as well)
RDA - Great all-around MMA Fighter, first guy to finish Bendo with strikes, outstruck Cerrone & Pettis, etc.
Abel Trujillo - One of the biggest hitters at LW; not the best but tough as shit and huge power

-------------------------------------------------------------------

TLDR: To prove Khabib is as bad at striking defense as claimed, please provide references to UFC fights where he took a massive strike or appeared to be significantly hurt
Hey everybody, I’m a millennial! Do a bunch of work for me, because I’m important. Oh, and you can’t do this and you can’t do that. Did I mention how important I am?
Go fuck yourself TS

Last edited:
Contrary to your belief that you feel he wasn't rocked, at all - Actually, I believe he WAS ROCKED, a little. Pay close attention to his legs.
I thought the same thing then someone posted a slow motion GIF of the event and I completely changed my mind. He didn't even really get hit.

Habib.0.jpg

Rocked by the anaesthesiologist

Yes, but he still took the bed down and is laying on top...

Tiramisu.

All the other big hitters ducked him.

Hey everybody, I’m a millennial! Do a bunch of work for me, because I’m important. Oh, and you can’t do this and you can’t do that. Did I mention how important I am?
Go fuck yourself TS

If you want to add to the discussion that’s great, but ad hominem attack’s in the verbiage of a Mongloid accounts to emotional noise not communication.

So go back to reading “12 Rules for Life” and focus on making your bed in your parents basement, you won’t be missed (here...anywhere for that matter).

It's irrelevant to recognize he hasn't really been fighting top competition?

how can he fight all the top guys when they all were straight ducking him for YEARs before he was champ?

Now he’s at the top they all want some...BIG surprise, the risk is now worth the reward!

Seems like Khabib has divided the Sherbros with some of us thinking he's "The Guy" and others think he's just the "The Guy Who Connor will KTFO" (I'm of the former camp, but I can definitely see an argument for the latter).

The biggest divide seems to be about his Striking (both offense and defense); I've seen Sherbros on the boards non-stop say he has no hands, no defense, no footwork, etc. Now I'm not sure if it's comparative bias (his opponents are typically much better then him at striking so that he looks bad by comparison in most match-ups), but I would agree that his offense is definitely "odd" to say the least (if we are being kind); very sambo-esque in that he doesn't jab much, prefers to throw casting punches or launching attacks so that he can force his way into the clinch or a chain-grappling sequence. Very unpredictable but not the most technical approach, I've seen him land huge shots on solid fightesr without getting countered; i.e. leaping uppercut on Tavares/flying knee on Healy/etc. Average footwork at best, but seems to have perfect sense of timing (when to engage and how to chain off of the initial exchange).

I just recently rewatched the Michael Johnson fight and it does seem to be gross exaggeration that he is so bad defensively that he is getting destroyed on his feet; MJ landed a big shot early that definitely made Khabib take note, but he wasn't rocked at all - fighters know when they rock another fighter (can usually tell from the feeling of landing that strike or just seeing their opponents eyes gloss over/roll back/legs buckle/etc.), that's why Nate went after Connor in the first fight after landing that huge counter straight left - MJ didn't "miss his opportunity to finish Khabib," he landed a really good punch that did some damage and then proceeded to get grapple-fucked, end of story. From what I can recall most of his opponents are usually so pre-occupied with not getting grapplefucked that they aren't able to implement their striking against him.

So please enlighten me here - outside of the MJ fight (which I'm sure some will still debate he was "rocked" despite him never stumbling/doing the stanky leg/acting hurt/having his opponent try to finish him) what are the other instances where he has been "Rocked" in the UFC or at minimum hit with a huge shot?

***Please don't come @ me with "the guys he's fought are all grapplers!" BS; he can only fight who he's been matched up with and many of them have been well-rounded with incredible striking, the guys who are "Pure Strikers" don't exist in the top 15 outside of maybe Edson Barboza & Connor

Michael Johnson - Best hands at LW outside of Connor probably (and great wrestler as well)
RDA - Great all-around MMA Fighter, first guy to finish Bendo with strikes, outstruck Cerrone & Pettis, etc.
Abel Trujillo - One of the biggest hitters at LW; not the best but tough as shit and huge power

-------------------------------------------------------------------

TLDR: To prove Khabib is as bad at striking defense as claimed, please provide references to UFC fights where he took a massive strike or appeared to be significantly hurt
I really hope your name ain't Ryan.

Back