Media Khabib inspiring the new generation of The Caucasus

So they had two champions. You also have to look at the contenders and top level fighters in the UFC and other promotions. Dagestan produces many, they have the background to start to mma.

yeah, the same amount of champions Dagestan has. i said it before, HAWAII has as much champions as Dagestan has AND they have more belts across more divisions with a miniscule population compared to Dagestan and no hardline concentration on grappling OR state sponsorships. the "Dagestan is the best at MMA" died with Khabib's retirement, died with Islam fighting for his life vs a midget, died with Ankalaev getting tapped by Paul Craig and nearly losing to 40 yr old Jan. yes, they got good wrestling, and yes they produce some good fighters but i don't see how they're any better than any other place. there's more than 1 way to train for MMA and Dagestan's way is not necessarily the best.
Ngannou's mma skillset was created out of Africa though. Only DDP was produced in Africa. You gotta include Izzy if we are just talking birth rights.

i'm not including birth rights, i'm including Ngannou because he was an adult by the time he left Africa. sure he developed outside of Africa but to develop that quickly and be born with that god given punching power, that's credit to Africa. it shows you don't have to train the "Dagestan way" of learning grappling from birth and train in their strict and regimented way. you can become the best in the world even if you start training as an adult. Khabib and the other Dagestanis would never think anything of someone as old as Ngannou training and becoming successful. he says as much when he tells that Nelk boy who said he was like 26 and wanted to fight Masvidal, he told him "26? is too old".

Ngannou's mma skillset was created out of Africa though. Only DDP was produced in Africa. You gotta include Izzy if we are just talking birth rights.
Ngannou is successful because he competes in a skill less division which allows him to win fights based off physical athleticism alone. He would be a journeyman like Terrence McKinney if he competed against fighters with actual skill.

one day soon they will own all the belts. and the org will have to be renamed the UCC - The Ultimate Caucasus Championship.

Other than running Africa doesn't dominate any sports. You need the infrastructure, training, and resources for a country to exceed at a given sport. The poverty alone probably prevents any African country from ever dominating in MMA, it being an expensive sport to take part in.
africa is not a country, its a god damn continent. this is a ridiculous conversation anyways. there is more to being good in a sport than just training and infrastructure. There is a mental & cultural aspect here as well. If all you needed was facilities, infrastructure etc. China would be at the top of the sport.

WAIT a second?!?? Hasnt he been supposed to be doing this already??

Well duh hes going to run a school and maybe even a promotion (*cough Eagle fc**) .....
:)

Imagine if some african country had the same amount of people training MMA as Dagestan. Now that would be the complete domination instead of having only two champs in UFC history
This looks like a dig at America

Imagine if some african country had the same amount of people training MMA as Dagestan. Now that would be the complete domination instead of having only two champs in UFC history
Don't think of Africans vs a small country think of what Muslims have done to the world

I know that Dana did not make a deal with the IRS. I know this. But hypothetically if you really, really, REALLY wanted to get Khahbib to fight again, the easiest way to convince him would be to create a situation of severe financial distress.
He owes something like 3.3 million and his net worth is around 50 million. That boy can pay his taxes.

Back