Khabib named BJ Penn as the 2nd best Lightweight, BJ got something to say about that...

BJ fought Machida at freaking HW. No one at LW will ever have as much guts as he does.

On the topic. I agree with him.

BJ was way more willing to take risks than Khabib. Khabib could never make 145. BJ was the smaller guy in almost every fight.

Khabib was the bigger guy in every single fight.

These are just facts

R U Sure? <{cruzshake}>

aSUiPdNqhEzwT3kb5yS2Os9G602N4_px-C_PyEzKD1--E3c_6GygZ1tq9sYELiC02rZ-VxCX-4-cGzojyabLXHCXs2ls6CceBWL3YZN71uZ8o5-6jTc

imgres

Can't lie and say BJ didn't completely outclassed everyone he fought until Edgar. I think BJ is comparing the dominant performance to how dominate Khabib is with his performances.
Ya both were outclassing opponents but bj was doing it in even more dominant fashion, bj never got hit with some of the bombs that khabib got hit with during their respective defense.

BJ was way more willing to take risks than Khabib. Khabib could never make 145. BJ was the smaller guy in almost every fight.

These are just facts
Everyone can cut weight.

This is a fact.

These are just facts
Khabib was a weight bully,
Missed weight several times and retired early.
First of all, missing weight has nothing to do with being bigger, in Khabib's case it was related to his injuries, secondly you guys can sing this song all you want but you can't fight the numbers on why Khabib wasn't even one of the top biggest LWs in his division, and he wasn't even close to being top 5 biggest LW.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...s-last-fight-according-to-dan-hooker.4156993/
1- Drew Dober: 183 lbs
2- Gleison Tibau: 181 lbs
3- Paul Felder: 180 lbs
4- Chandler: 180 lbs
5- Davi Ramos: 179 lbs
6- Christos Giagos: 176.2 lbs
7- Dustin Poirier: 176 lbs
8- Drakkar Klose: 175.2 lbs
9- Khabib: 172.6 lbs
10- Conor McGregor: 171 lbs
11- Eddie Alvarez: 171 lbs

Khabib explains why Welterweights are bigger than him;

Khabib: ''I won't fight at 170, that's for sure. It's not my natural weight. When I'm in shape my weight is around 180, to cut down to 170 and weigh in around 176 on fight night against the best fighter of the weight class in the history of the sport?''

He also has shorter reach than even Featherweight Volkanovski;

cvbcbc.jpg

fsdgdfgd.jpg

Almost every top LW had longer reach than Khabib, except for maybe Gaethje, his reach is equal to Khabib's, not even shorter.

• Conor's reach 74' > Khabib's reach 70'
  • Poirer's reach 72' > Khabib's reach 70'
  • Gaethje's reach 70' = Khabib's reach 70'
  • Barboza's reach 75' > Khabib's reach 70'
  • Ferguson's reach 76' > Khabib's reach 70'
  • Johnson's reach 73' > Khabib's reach
  • Al Iaquinta's reach 70' = Khabib's reach
  • RDA's reach 70' = Khabib's reach
And guess what, BJ Penn's reach 70' is also = Khabib's reach 70'.

This is probably unpopular. BJ was the bigger guy for most of his 155 fights before his decline. He had a good frame for 155. He was tall and he had monkey arms but short legs. BJ still cuts weight to make 155 albeit 3-4 lbs of water and does the rest by starving/not drinking. I think Diego might have been more muscular and same height than him?

BJ fought Machida at freaking HW. No one at LW will ever have as much guts as he does.

On the topic. I agree with him.
He lost to bigger guys and smaller guys so wtf does it matter? Edgar is a natural BW and Pulver a natty FW, both beat Penn.

Penn wasn’t the only guy fighting above his weight class back then, that was the norm.

Sakurai, Sakuraba, Hendo, Royce, and after him there’s been guys like Mousasi that have fought bigger opponents

Khabib is a far better fighter than Penn. This shouldn’t even be disputable in 2021

Prime BJ sparks Khabib, don’t @ me.

Khabib fought off 3 fighters on the p4p list for his title defenses.

No other champion has done that.

Bj had EVERYTHING to beat Khabib. If Khabib couldn't take down and control Tibau, I see Khabib having hard time doing that to BJ and BJ is miles better on the feet.

Khabib is no GSP at WW. Khabib didn't have guts to move up while being considerablly bigger than BJ who even fought Machida at heavyweight.

Hard to say Khabib isn't LW Goat because how dominant he is, but in my opinion he ran before he lost.

Well he did lose to Tibau I guess.
The Khabib that fought Tibau is not the same as the one who was fighting Justin G.
Same as the BJ who murked KenFlo is not the same BJ who fought ryan hall.

You seem to be picking BJ at his best and comparing him to a relatively green Khabib.
Prime for prime, i believe it is a great dight with Khabib tiring and finishing penn.

Once again the "bigger guy" excuse. We've seen plenty of weight bullies lose in the UFC. Why does it have to be an advantage when it's Khabib but a disadvantage when it's TJ at 125 pounds or Darren Till at 170 pounds?

Also, to that point, prime BJ Penn struggled against Frankie Edgar, who cut zero pounds to make lightweight. BJ Penn was the bigger fighter and struggled to beat him?

LOL to people comparing the lightweight division from 2009 to now. Yeah, the sport just didn't evolve, I guess.
Even prime Tony would eat prime BJ for dinner.

Back