Khabib negotiating to fight twice in 2019: on September 7 and December 21st

zippo88

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Khabib spoke today at the forum in Moscow that they are negotiating with the UFC about two potential fights: on September 7 and December 21st as well: https://khabibmcgregor.com/khabib-to-fight-september-7-2019/

Do you think it will be a winner of Max vs Dustin in September and Conor in December? Pretty quick turnaround for him isn’t?

Good. Fuck the NSAC. Corrupt fucks.

Hopefully its Khabib vs Holloway/Poirier then Khabib vs Ferguson in December

Lol
I doubt he could go through the 155 cut twice in such little time

Holloway September, Ferg December, Gaethje April 2020..
<5>

He has said (directly or via friends/ team) that he won't fight in Vegas anymore, so its likely they'll be looking at California or NYC or somewhere (like he said) like Abu Dhabi or Dubai. He is really well-known internationally now in fight circles and I think his PPV sales will be very interesting and I think a bit higher than people think.

Hopefully its Khabib vs Holloway/Poirier then Khabib vs Mcgregor 2 in December
Fixed
Haha
Ferguson is done for awhile I feel, McGregor likely fights Donald before September

If there wasnt any suspension we could see Khabib vs Tony fight already (6 months)

Got to get passed the Sept fight to think of next opponent
But it is good he wants to be Active ,ever since Tony took a break

He has said (directly or via friends/ team) that he won't fight in Vegas anymore, so its likely they'll be looking at California or NYC or somewhere (like he said) like Abu Dhabi or Dubai. He is really well-known internationally now in fight circles and I think his PPV sales will be very interesting and I think a bit higher than people think.

WME purchased back the 10% stake Flash Entertainment owned in 2018, thus they no longer have any connection to Abu Dhabi.

Considering WME also returned nearly half a billion dollars of investment from Saudi Arabia recently, I have a hard time believing they are headed to the Middle East any time soon.

Endeavor setup their deal with ESPN to put a lot less emphasis on the success of PPV, particularly in the short term. Khabib will only be fighting in a PPV friendly commission and time zone.

Last edited:
Got to get passed the Sept fight to think of next opponent

He can already sign a contract for another fight because if I am not mistaken he only has one left under his current agreement with the UFC.

Khabib confident he's going to bully all of the other LW's

Lol
I doubt he could go through the 155 cut twice in such little time

That kinda alarms me, but if he's a guy that typically balloons up between camps all he has to do is stay in shape and he should be ok. Hopefully.

That kinda alarms me, but if he's a guy that typically balloons up between camps all he has to do is stay in shape and he should be ok. Hopefully.
Correct, though from what we know Khabib can get pretty big in the off season, going through such a weight loss twice could be difficult though if he keeps in shape certainly possible

Khabib should be sure to negotiate for as much as possible for the 2 fight deal, because if one is against Tony then that's it for him as champion. Tony will beat the tiramisu out of him.

Back