Khabib not the goat, but one of the best

NL MMA

Blue Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Calm down, he is very very good. One of the best.

Dominant in one weightclass

Funny fact;

Khabib and baroni are the ones that call themself the best (not a good look)

Indeed one of the greatest fighters, of the night

hqdefault.jpg

His resume isn't GOAT level, but he probably would've reached that point if he stayed active for the next few years. It's a shame we won't get to see it happen.

Either way, he's clearly the LW GOAT, which is obviously a huge accomplishment in itself.

Reactions: Ruv
I can't see him as goat. He had a great career. Just didn't have enough elite fights. He had a few but not many and only a few defences.

It really hurt him not fighting Ferg in his prime, that is something his resume needed.

Khabib has joined the ranks of GSP, Fedor and Andy. But at the top of that list is still Jon Jones.
Wanted to see Khabib against more elite fighters tbh. When you look at his resume it isn't really like "HOLY SHIT" like it it with Jones.

Really did want to see him against Tony, Conor again and GSP.

He's a smart man for retiring on top tho. Not a lot of people do that and stay on for too long. Andy and Fedor come to mind.

His resume isn't GOAT level, but he probably would've reached that point if he stayed active for the next few years. It's a shame we won't get to see it happen.

Either way, he's clearly the LW GOAT, which is obviously a huge accomplishment in itself.

This. 3 title defenses and only having 5 wins against legit competitors (only 5 victories against top 5 ranked opponents).

Last edited:
LW Goat for sure

it’s sad to admit I don’t think anyone ever will take the title from Jon, his work is legendary.

Khabib has joined the ranks of GSP, Fedor and Andy. But at the top of that list is still Jon Jones.
Wanted to see Khabib against more elite fighters tbh. When you look at his resume it isn't really like "HOLY SHIT" like it it with Jones.

He's a smart man for retiring on top tho. Not a lot of people do that and stay on for too long. Andy and Fedor come to mind.

He didn't retire to go out on top. He retired because he didn't want to do it without his dad. I'm not even a big Khabib fan but he's never seemed like the type to spread bullshit. If he said it, I believe it.

I'd like to have seen Khabib in Pride rules though. There were a lot more elite BJJ guys to be had then and that 10 minute first round gave guys time to work from the bottom. I'd have killed to of seen the ground battle between Khabib and prime Aoki. I don't even care who would have won.

Definitely can make the case to be the LW goat but his UFC resume just lacks that large number of stellar opponents. When history looks back, not a lot of his opponents will be remembered for their accomplishments. I think his timing was unfortunate because a whole bunch of top LW fighters kind of knocked each other off just as he was starting out in the UFC. His low activity didn't do him any favours either.

Its either khabib or jones for me
gsp tapped to strikes from serra. completely inexcusable.

its all going to hinge on how jones does at HW. With a win jones rises to the top. If jones loses he's probably put behind khabib and gsp.

I can't see him as goat. He had a great career. Just didn't have enough elite fights. He had a few but not many and only a few defences.

It really hurt him not fighting Ferg in his prime, that is something his resume needed.

LW Goat for sure

it’s sad to admit I don’t think anyone ever will take the title from Jon, his work is legendary.

Definitely can make the case to be the LW goat but his UFC resume just lacks that large number of stellar opponents. When history looks back, not a lot of his opponents will be remembered for their accomplishments. I think his timing was unfortunate because a whole bunch of top LW fighters kind of knocked each other off just as he was starting out in the UFC. His low activity didn't do him any favours either.

Khabib SHOULD be the undisputed GOAT. Why? Because:

-He fought in the hardest division there is (just making the top 20 is already an achievement)
-He never lost
-He defeated all the best fighters of his era
-The dominant way he won his fights (TKO, SUB or 10-8s)
-He barely lost a round
-He never got knocked down or rocked
-No drugs

Man what else do you want???

Khabib SHOULD be the undisputed GOAT. Why? Because:

-He fought in the hardest division there is (just making the top 20 is already an achievement)
-He never lost
-He defeated all the best fighters of his era
-The dominant way he won his fights (TKO, SUB or 10-8s)
-He barely lost a round
-He never got knocked down or rocked
-No drugs

Man what else do you want???

Everyone fights the best fighters of their era so that is a moot point. LW might very well be the hardest division but it is not exactly full of elite competition. The #9 fighter (by Sherdog) has not won in his last five - #9! So to make the top 20 means what, have a even record?
Khabib's skill level is ridiculous but his competition history is just not that strong, or frequent. He can make a claim, but so can some others - but at LW only; P4P his accomplishments just don't stack up.

Calm down, he is very very good. One of the best.

Dominant in one weightclass

Funny fact;

Khabib and baroni are the ones that call themself the best (not a good look)
"Dominant in one weight class"
Who is dominant in more than one weight class?

Everyone fights the best fighters of their era so that is a moot point. LW might very well be the hardest division but it is not exactly full of elite competition. The #9 fighter (by Sherdog) has not won in his last five - #9! So to make the top 20 means what, have a even record?
Khabib's skill level is ridiculous but his competition history is just not that strong, or frequent. He can make a claim, but so can some others - but at LW only; P4P his accomplishments just don't stack up.

Yeah his competition history says half of his wins were against nobodies

He is clearly NOT A GOAT.
Never tried to step outside of his weight class.

Back