Khabib Nurmagomedov Currently Weighs 166 Pounds - Will He Make Weight?

Khabib wanted this fight so bad. He was asking for it over and over... Now he just looks tired and drained. His eyes are saying I've made a huge mistake.
Lol what ?

He is days away from his biggest victory and payday ever, in the biggest fight in ufc history

Thats pretty light for anyone making 155 considering he is likely water loading right now.

Should indicate he dieted down quite a bit like last time so he doesn't need a hero water cut.

On Ariel's show, Khabib said he weighs 166 pounds. That's only 11 pounds away from championship weight, and we're 5 days out.

After this, I'm feeling confident Khabib will make weight. Will still be nervous on weigh in day, though.

Thoughts? - Khabib has gotten progressively better at these weight cuts. Hopefully he makes it easily lik 223.

View attachment 444303
View attachment 444305

Assuming this is his weight fully hydrated, I would think that he would have no problem at all. It should be child's play to cut 11 lbs the final day. Sounds like he is ahead of schedule.

166 is pretty light. Fuck everyone who is saying how every LW is 200 pounds lol. Khabib is easily 175 pre camp, and obviously gets to the low 160s before cutting water.

He was 173-174 lbs a week ago. Who knows how much he weighs pre-camp but likely more than that.

Khabib is glycogen depleted and sub-octagon weight at the moment having cut carbs.

It’s common for those new to a low-carb lifestyle to lose a significant amount of weight at the very beginning of their carb restriction. That could mean four, 10 or even 12 pounds in the first two weeks depending on a person’s starting weight. You might ask, is this rate dangerous? Not always.

It’s all about the glycogen stores and the association between carbs and water retention. Each gram of glycogen is associated with 3-4 grams of water. So, as your body burns its way through the reduced dietary carbs and into the glycogen stores, the water attached to the glycogen is lost as well resulting in the phenomenon commonly known as “losing water weight.” There’s no fat loss here yet — it’s like the glycogen and accompanying water are squeezed out of your muscles and liver.

This also explains why plenty of folks experience an alarming weight gain the day following a “cheat meal” (like tiramisu). Even if the ingested carbs are at a moderate level (i.e. consumption of a grilled cheese sandwich, not an entire deep-fried birthday cake), your liver and muscles snatch up as much glucose as they can take, including up to four grams of water to accompany each gram of glycogen.

https://8fit.com/nutrition/glycogen-gluconeogenesis-and-water-weight/

This is what people don't understand. You cut water weight when you cut carbs (and sodium). He'll be back to the 170's on October 6th.

Last edited:
He's on track. Should make weight no problem unless of course there's something we dont know about.

Does anyone know his weight in the octagon? Has Big John og Herb Dean mentioned this before? They have said a couple of guys octagon weight before.

I assume he's around 175-180lbs

Wow. This cut is looking to be easy. Khabib should look great and energized on fight night if he only has to lose 11lbs of water. Whatever they changed in camp is doing wonders.

Last few cuts were super smooth, I hope and believe Khabib got this.

Wow. This cut is looking to be easy. Khabib should look great and energized on fight night if he only has to lose 11lbs of water. Whatever they changed in camp is doing wonders.

Iirc after the whole kidney shitshow his dad basically told him to not go above 180/185 lbs as a walk around weight out of training and that may just be it.

166 is pretty light. Fuck everyone who is saying how every LW is 200 pounds lol. Khabib is easily 175 pre camp, and obviously gets to the low 160s before cutting water.
Its known he walks around at 190lb hes been dieting for 2 months probably

He's on track. Should make weight no problem unless of course there's something we dont know about.

Does anyone know his weight in the octagon? Has Big John og Herb Dean mentioned this before? They have said a couple of guys octagon weight before.

I assume he's around 175-180lbs

That's a bit much, I'd expect around 170 lbs to be honest.

Its known he walks around at 190lb hes been dieting for 2 months probably

Have you got a source for that.
He cuts 45lbs to make weight? That just doesn't sound right.
Is this a 200lbs-Nate or a 5'10"-Eddie thing we got going in here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zygmunt
Back