Rumored Khabib will fight Holloway/Poirier winner on September in Abu Dhabi

Khabib beats either pretty easy. Tony needs to get his head straight.

Early stage of a fight camp you aren't cutting that much, it's focusing on getting in fight shape. To have absolutely nothing would drain his energy so much that training would be hard nevermind doing that day after day
Some muslim fighters have switched to graveyard shift training during Ramadan. I wouldn’t recommend it but it’s an option.

Holloway's Cardio alone, makes him a far better opponent than Poirier, and any other LW for that matter.

Not Tony.

Tony is the only guy who can threaten Khabib off his back. Everyone else is just food for Khabib once he gets them down, including Holloway.

I think this fight will destroy Holloway’s career to be honest. He’s too tough for his own good and Khabib will put a serious beating on him.

Conor/Khabib 2.

We know Max/Porier winner aint fighting Khabib.

as a Khabib fan and conor hater I have no interest in that fight...
now... if conor is on a roll starching people left and right and has improved TDD.... different story... but just as a rematch... meh...

Not entirely sure on the dates but wouldn't that mean he has to train during Ramadan?

Non, ramadan starts the 5th may and ends the 5th June. He as a month to gain his shape back and then 2 months for a camp, that sounds reasonable. It's the earliest he could come back really.

Last edited by a moderator:
As unfair as it is Tony has LEGIT mental problems. Give the man a break it only makes sense.

Khabib/Max sounds like an awesome fucking fight on paper.

Khabib will continue his assault on fighters that can make 145.

This is how it should be done.
Max/poirier is for the interim, and the interim champ should not defend his interim championship but fight the champ to unify belts.
The winner of max/poirier should fight khabib.

as a Khabib fan and conor hater I have no interest in that fight...
now... if conor is on a roll starching people left and right and has improved TDD.... different story... but just as a rematch... meh...
If McGregor starches Holloway Dustin winner would you be interested? If he beats Cerrone assuming he beats AL would you be interested?
You also don’t need to tell us you’re a hater, your AV does that for you lol

Russian medias are reporting he will fight on Sep. 7th.

Non, ramadan starts th 5th may and ends the 5th June. He as a month to gain his shape back and then 2 months for a camp, that sounds reasonable. It's the earliest he could come back really.
Well I would like to see him fight Tony in September but Ferguson obviously isn't able to atm

Not Tony.

Tony is the only guy who can threaten Khabib off his back. Everyone else is just food for Khabib once he gets them down, including Holloway.

I think this fight will destroy Holloway’s career to be honest. He’s too tough for his own good and Khabib will put a serious beating on him.

This is the thing I still don't understand about the Ferguson match up, you guys are banking on Tony's success being where Khabib is equally threatening.

Khabib isn't going to rest in Tony's guard like Kevin did, and he won't be gassed in the 3rd round stopping him from utilizing top control, and transitions.

I favor Max more than Tony, because when Khabib's takedowns eventually stop being as powerful as they are in first 3 rounds, Max can go to to work if he HIMSELF isn't tired, and start pressuring Khabib and forcing shots. If anyone can force a shot out of Khabib it's a technical pressure style fighter like Holloway.

If a gassed Conor in round 3 can defend Khabib's takedowns, I'm sure a Cardio freak like Max will be fine.

Early stage of a fight camp you aren't cutting that much, it's focusing on getting in fight shape. To have absolutely nothing would drain his energy so much that training would be hard nevermind doing that day after day

he could also switch his training time to night when he can eat

Back