Khamzat being "green"

What? Most were talking about Gane being green, the guy has literally no wrestling. Why are you making things up to prove your statement? Khamzat is also green relative to most of his opponents, yet he did beat the #2 of the division. Both Gane and Khamzat can improve a lot and anyone with common sense can see that they both are likely to become champ at some point by simply working on their weaknesses.

Khamzat has fans and huggers.

Gane had fans because people hated Francis for asinine reasons, and enough to actually support Dana and the UFC against him while also accepting his former trainer's stories as gospel.

Big difference on this forum.
Didn’t Ngannou have his huggers that claimed he was green when Stipe embarrassed the fuck out of him?

At least Borz didn’t lose.

GSP lost his first TS with a second left in the round.

There is no substitute for experience sometimes. If people can keep shit in perspective there would be much less angst on the site. This shit reminds me of Nirvana early on. All the angry teenage losers/misunderstood just flocked to that band. And that’s what happens in here on the daily.

Grow up, and experience life. I guarantee if you aren’t a serious loser. This shit will not matter in ten years.

Yes he is but the talk about him being "green" is an aphid's bleat compared to the collective howl heard on Sherdog regarding Khamzat
<mma4>
Oh, so that's what they do, like sheep. I always wondered because my neighbor has a flock of them in her garden

I would say the reverse, a lot of people said that Gane looked green against Ngannou and indeed that he looked a lot greener than he should have been.

I think his grappling in that fight was much worse than Khazmats striking in this fight, he was beaten by a striker using fairly basic grappling technique in a fashion a MMA fighter with that many years spent training shouldnt be.

Last edited:
I would say the reverse, a lot of people said that Gane looked green against Ngannou and indeed that he looked a lot greener than he should have been.

I think his grappling in that fight was much worse than Khazmats striking in this fight, he was beaten by a striker using fairly basic grappling technique in a fashion a MMA fighter with that many years spent training shouldnt be.
I disagree, but I appreciate you taking the time to post in an obvious lousy casual's thread

Didn’t Ngannou have his huggers that claimed he was green when Stipe embarrassed the fuck out of him?

At least Borz didn’t lose.

GSP lost his first TS with a second left in the round.

There is no substitute for experience sometimes. If people can keep shit in perspective there would be much less angst on the site. This shit reminds me of Nirvana early on. All the angry teenage losers/misunderstood just flocked to that band. And that’s what happens in here on the daily.

Grow up, and experience life. I guarantee if you aren’t a serious loser. This shit will not matter in ten years.
Chris being the voice of reason even from beyond the grave.

What? Most were talking about Gane being green, the guy has literally no wrestling. Why are you making things up to prove your statement? Khamzat is also green relative to most of his opponents, yet he did beat the #2 of the division. Both Gane and Khamzat can improve a lot and anyone with common sense can see that they both are likely to become champ at some point by simply working on their weaknesses.
I'm not making things up. Just an observation, which may or may not be correct since I'm no A. I. scouring through every data to prove every point that seeps off of my pores.
Sorry if I upset you. I promise to do right by you next time

I'm not a big fan of Khamzat. I do think he has some likeable characteristics. He seem big on charity and stuff, so I like that. However, if I'm being honest, I don't like the western influence he's adopted. I know that sounds backass backwards, but I don't know. I'm not a fan. It's like this dude doesn't know who is as a person. When he started MMA, he appeared as a semi-religious muslim, now he seems like a frat boy who curses every other word by learning english from an american. I don't know. Just weird.

But that being said, I would say Khamzat is getting more spin doctors because he's more popular than Gane. That's all it is. If Gane was as popular, he'd probably get the same level of spin doctors. Gane to actually beat ranked top 10 fighters before. He knocked out Derrick Lewis, someone who's competed for the title. So Gane kinda delivered before it came time to fight francis in some regard, in some he didn't but there was enough of a litmus test to know where he was at.

I knew wrestling would be his kryptonite. I mentioned that in a thread. However, I didn't see francis was going to be the one that did it. lol.
Welcome back Peli my boy.
I have the same reservations regarding his attitude and especially concerning most of his fanbase.
I've learned to ignore that, though. Purely as a fighter, he is fun as heck.
Not the best (yet) , and I'm quite certain he'll never live up to the farcical hype by some, but a really fun fighter to watch

Everyone said Gane is a future champ and that he lost because he’s still new to the game lol. OP making stuff up to have something to complain about.

Welcome back Peli my boy.
I have the same reservations regarding his attitude and especially concerning most of his fanbase.
I've learned to ignore that, though. Purely as a fighter, he is fun as heck.
Not the best (yet) , and I'm quite certain he'll never live up to the farcical hype by some, but a really fun fighter to watch
Thanks, I'm not back for long. Lots of things changing in my life, mostly for the good, but been stressed the fook out lately and this is where I can relax.

Yes, as a fighter he's fun to watch,

But I can't help get tied to the people that identify with my values or what I perceive as values I want to have or be aspired to.

Khamzat went from pious to frat boy to now frat boy american/ scouser. It's just weird for someone at 27 years old to be constantly changing their identity like this.

I hope he becomes a smarter fighter. I'm kind of the opposite of everyone else. I don't like to see fighters take unnecessary punishment. I like guys that are more calculating surgeons, than I like brawlers. I like guys to dominate and not get hit. Fire fights are fun, but after awhile..eh lol. I'm weird. I acknowledge this. For someone who aspires to be a champion, I don't think being a brawler is the best way to get there.

Thanks, I'm not back for long. Lots of things changing in my life, mostly for the good, but been stressed the fook out lately and this is where I can relax.

Yes, as a fighter he's fun to watch,

But I can't help get tied to the people that identify with my values or what I perceive as values I want to have or be aspired to.

Khamzat went from pious to frat boy to now frat boy american/ scouser. It's just weird for someone at 27 years old to be constantly changing their identity like this.

I hope he becomes a smarter fighter. I'm kind of the opposite of everyone else. I don't like to see fighters take unnecessary punishment. I like guys that are more calculating surgeons, than I like brawlers. I like guys to dominate and not get hit. Fire fights are fun, but after awhile..eh lol. I'm weird. I acknowledge this. For someone who aspires to be a champion, I don't think being a brawler is the best way to get there.
Great to know you're OK, bud. Congrats on the changes you speak of. Meanwhile, most of us are still stuck in this rabbit hole. haha
I agree with the rest of yer points

Not near as much as you guys talk about Khamzat being green
The term green with Khamzat is connected to RING time! He blasted some cans and fought few average fighters withing 1 or 1 and half round. You can't learn, simulate or experience gruelling 3 or 5 round fight in practice.Gane fought a lot full round fights in kickboxing and MMA before.

The term green with Khamzat is connected to RING time! He blasted some cans and fought few average fighters withing 1 or 1 and half round. You can't learn, simulate or experience gruelling 3 or 5 round fight in practice.Gane fought a lot full round fights in kickboxing and MMA before.
I get it, bud. But it's been inordinately blasted onto everyone's ears that Khamzat is suddenly an innocent, hapless toddler in there.
There's legitimate argument in your favor there, and like I said, I do agree.
I'm talking about the ludicrousness displayed by some on here who harp on and on about it like it's truly the only factor in the fight not going Khamzat's world-conquering, Attila-the-Hun-rampaging-all-over-everyone's-faces ways.

He is green though, Khamzat went from not having a single top 10 win to fighting the number 2 guy (really number 3 cause UFC rankings weird). Gane had multiple top 10 wins before he fought Ngannou for the belt. When someone says green they don't just mean number of fights, they also mean quality of comp. I do think Gane was a bit green though in his fight with Ngannou when he went for that leglock when he probably would have won the fight had he not. Both fighters aren't super experienced but Gane has beaten more ranked guys.

Back