Media Khamzat Chimaev on Alex Pereira: “He would be the easiest fight of my career. I don’t like that guy”

Who wins?

• Total voters
He says he was down to 172lbs before they told him to stop cutting, and he put on the weight to fight Holland at a catch weight. To say he was 8.5 lbs over is false.

He also says he can make 170, and wants to fight for the WW title in the future, but he just needs two months preparation to do it because it's getting harder as he gets older.. He only had a few weeks to get ready for the Diaz fight.

timestamped

if it takes you 2 months to lose weight maybe go to the weight class where you belong ! whew... was fan but this guy needs fight more talk less... Ok Brutha.. easy .. beat someone top 5 in 185 ..

Chimaev would destroy overrated Pereira. One dimensional strikers can't fight.

Khamzat is the real deal, it's his pacing and strategy that concerns me. If he blows his wad with a cardio machine, he's getting wrecked in the MW division.

Khamzat is right that his wrestling would simply be too much for Pereira. But like he said, can afford to throw a single strike. Straight to the legs.

But I think Pereira's face is just like that. Dude just is serious, it's not some fake persona for the show.

Pereira KO's Khamzat in the later rounds.

I dont think so. I dont think he can keep him off of him long enough to get a finish. I think the fight would be on the floor within the first minute.

Khamzat has the perfect style to beat Pereira. It's just about getting someone to accept a fight with him. UFC might have to pull an Islam and have him leapfrog the division.
It wouldn’t hurt if Khamzat came in on weight too.

khamzat-chimaev-everybody-i-come-for-everybody.gif
That fucking scream at the cracks me up every time LOL

He’s probably right unfortunately. Alex is just too green. That said, I’m dying for that day to see Khamzat humbled.

He’s up there with the Colby’s at this point.

He's right of course.

But this is one of those "winning a title shot is easier than earning a title shot" deals.

I actually agree. And I could see it being one of those 0 strikes absorbed fights. No way in hell Alex stuffs that Khamzat bumrush the second the fight starts.

I like Poatan and will root for him, but only see him getting subbed

Khamzat definitely has the style and skill to win this one, but Pereira is a monster. Gotta get that TD quick and get him tired or go for the submission, because round 2 starts back on the feet.

I still strongly favor Khamzat in this one, but Pereira is not an easy fight.

Back