Khamzat Chimaev will make a statement against Whittaker in my opinion and remind ppl why he is arguably p4p most skilled currently

Two outcomes here:
1. The hype is real and future GOAT.
2. Hype job, just another Darren Till.

Khamzat broke his hand in his last fight and still stream rolled his opponent and people are putting to much weight on that but forgetting how amazing Khamzat can be and threatening inside the first 2 rounds.

Khamzat is still the darling of Sherdog, just look at how many threads that have been made just in the last two days

khamzat is clearly a very good fighter, but making a statement against bobby knuckles in 2024 doesn't make you p4p #1. whittaker's been fighting for 15 years. the romero fights alone took 10 years worth of a toll on him.

but, to be fair, i could see chimaev taking the belt at 185 right now. the division seems pretty shallow at the moment. the top guys are all old and worn out, or just sloppy.

This is a great test for him but I think Rob has this one. He will weather the early storm take him into deep water and drown him.

We've got enough of a track record now on Khamzat to see that he has a gas tank of a round to a round and a half at best. Against the 2 best opponents he has faced, he blitzed them both in the first round, was unable to get a finish, then held on for dear life to get a close decision. Unless he can somehow finish Whitaker early, he gasses, and Whitaker cruises to an easy win. This will be his 1st 5 rounder, and the first true, high level MW he has fought.

This TS always pops up at the funniest times
Why don’t you post from your main account BrO ?

<EdgyBrah>

I don't know at this point. Fights very little these days, but he wins. I don't know what to make of the last fight, weird one. Regardless, I hope the Kiwi/Aussie stops this dude quickly and harshly.

Let's watch Khamzat make it into title contention and maybe even win a title before we start talking p4p. Ok, TS?

Khamzat is a phenomenal talent with very high potential, but I don't know about your claim of him arguably being p4p most skilled.

At this moment, he is definitely not in the argument for p4p most skilled
  • He beat a former LW who was a Top 5 WW contender at the time (Burns never held a belt in either weight class).
  • He beat a former WW champ in his first ever MW fight which he took on very short notice (and had to fly halfway around the world to fight).
So I agree. Very talented fighter but he's done nothing to prove the claim he's the most skilled, especially P4P. And his ability to go into deep waters, especially in a 5-round fight, is suspect to say the least.

Blitzing Whittaker isn't that impressive. If Khamzat can fight Whittaker to 5 round decision and outclass him then I will buy into the hype. Whittaker is a bit old in the sport. He has around 30 something fights and roughly 15 year career. He is still one of the best fighters in terms of knowing how to score to win a decision.
Yep. Whittaker is still very game but he's been KO/TKO'd three times already. It will be impressive if Khamzat gets an early finish, but it's been done before...and Whittkare is probably getting more chinny and vulnerable in every fight now.

Going to be fun watching people here that pretend Khamzat is unproven to move goalposts afterwards.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back