Khamzat Destroying His Own Reputation ...

IronGolem007

Po Atan
Platinum Member
Reaction score
How many people here were originally very high on Khamzat ... but have had their enthusiasm for him dimmed over the last few months?

Count me in as one of these.

I actually think the dude is a tremendous talent, with a lot of potential.

However, his "I Will Kill Everybody!" shtick has run its course ... into utter lameness at this point.

As has been discussed, the Paulo Costa challenge-turned-DUCK has crippled Khamzat's image. I'm one of those who think Costa would nullify Khamzat's grappling, overpower him rather quickly, and systematically kick Khamzat's ass.

Regardless of whether I am right or wrong, for a fighter to videotape himself calling Costa out — and to have Costa stand up and meet that challenge — and for that fighter to never again talk about Costa — is an absolute embarrassment.

It's reminiscent of Masvidal vs. Leon, were Masvidal sucker-punched Edwards — and then avoided him like the plague.
Only now (after Masvidal has been pushed by the wayside, after failing repeatedly, and is basically regarded as as a universal joke) is Jorge panhandling to Leon Edwards for a fight

In the same fashion, Khamzat is now calling "everybody else" out, after Costa rose to the occasion.

I really believe Khamzat should listen to Khabib. He should surround himself with good, clean-living, sober people ... continue to work hard ... and actually aim to portray himself as A TRUE PROFESSIONAL ... rather than as an erratic, flippant, media-whore clown.

History shows that solid, stoic Champions are usually the ones who sustain their levels of greatness ... while mind-changing, erratic wannabes come and go.

I still believe Khamzat has the background, and pedigree, to be a special fighter — but he needs to get a strong, sober manager / mentor to guide him, and to keep him from ruining his own reputation any further.

I don't know if Khamzat would truly take that fight, but the UFC definitely would never make that fight, Costa's on his last fight on his contract IIRC, why increase his stock on a high profile fight with their cash cow Khamzat and risk Khamzat losing?

Last edited:
Lmao.... At Costa this is hilarious.. What would a win over Costa do for him? Seriously? Think about it for a second..

Costa is the new Magny he was beaten up by Luke Rockhold and wrestlefuked by him..... Do you really think Costa stands a chance? The answer is no but just waste of his prime time..

I don't know all this but what I know is Costa is finished as top fighter for awhile now...He is washed up..

Next he will probably capture the WW belt and then follow up with the MW immediately

Lmao.... At Costa this is hilarious.. What would a win over Costa do for him? Seriously? Think about it for a time..

Costa is the new Magny he was beaten up by Luke Rockhold and wrestlefuked by him..... Do you really think Costa stands a chance? The answer is no but just waste of his prime time

We disagree.

Khamzat was afraid to grapple with tiny Gilbert Burns. Costa would murk Burns.

My eyes tell me that Khamzat Chimaev is a front-runner, with tremendous talent, but who gasses and becomes vulnerable quite rapidly.

I don't think he would last 5 rounds with Paulo Costa.

Size matters.

We disagree.

Khamzat was afraid to grapple with tiny Gilbert Burns. Costa would murk Burns.

My eyes tell me that Khamzat Chimaev is a front-runner, with tremendous talent, but who gasses and becomes vulnerable quite rapidly.

I don't think he would last 5 rounds with Paulo Costa.

Size matters.

Do you really think Costa is stronger then him or even bigger that is a major fallacy and can he stop his wrestling?????? If you think that this thread needs to end here..

This is 100 years old Luke Rockhold lay and praying Costa...

paulo-costa-luke-rockhold-ufc-278-41.jpg

Costa gets strangled within a round you can bet your house on that

I'm a fan since his first fight in UFC and I'm still here... If you can't understand Goatness, it's on you. <WhatItIs>

I've been a fan of the UFC, since UFC 1.

And I've been a fight fan (boxing) fan, in general, since 1976.

I've seen "GOAT" fighters likely longer than you've been alive.

And I've also seen potentially GOAT fighters make repeatedly- and consistently-stupid decisions often enough to where they destroyed their own potential.

If you can't understand the importance of the "decisions" fighters make, then that's on you.

How many people here were originally very high on Khamzat ... but have had their enthusiasm for him dimmed over the last few months?

However, his "I Will Kill Everybody!" shtick has run its course ... into utter lameness at this point.

As has been discussed, the Paulo Costa challenge-turned-DUCK has crippled Khamzat's image. I'm one of those who think Costa would nullify Khamzat's grappling, overpower him rather quickly, and systematically kick Khamzat's ass.

Regardless of whether I am right or wrong, for a fighter to videotape himself calling Costa out — and to have Costa stand up and meet that challenge — and for that fighter to never again talk about Costa — is an absolute embarrassment.

It's reminiscent of Masvidal vs. Leon, were Masvidal sucker-punched Edwards — and then avoided him like the plague.
Only now (after Masvidal has been pushed by the wayside, after failing repeatedly, and is basically regarded as as a universal joke) is Jorge panhandling to Leon Edwards for a fight

In the same fashion, Khamzat is now calling "everybody else" out, after Costa rose to the occasion.

I really believe Khamzat should listen to Khabib. He should surround himself with good, clean-living, sober people ... continue to work hard ... and actually aim to portray himself as A TRUE PROFESSIONAL ... rather than as an erratic, flippant, media-whore clown.

History shows that solid, stoic Champions are usually the ones who sustain their levels of greatness ... while mind-changing, erratic wannabes come and go.

I still believe Khamzat has the background, and pedigree, to be a special fighter — but he needs to get a strong, sober manager / mentor to guide him, and to keep him from ruining his own reputation any further.

Frontal lobe damage? Causing a lack of impulse control?

I hope you don’t run a business.

Wasting one of the most hyped fighters you’ve ever had against a guy that hasn’t won a relevant match since 2019, isn’t a legend, doesn’t have any mystique or aura around him, etc.

A win over Costa would do absolutely nothing for Khamzat lol

I've been a fan of the UFC, since UFC 1.

And I've been a fight fan (boxing) fan, in general, since 1976.

I've seen "GOAT" fighters likely longer than you've been alive.

And I've also seen potentially GOAT fighters make repeatedly- and consistently-stupid decisions often enough to where they destroyed their own potential.

If you can't understand the importance of the "decisions" fighters make, then that's on you.

Keep crying about Khamzat, but he's the next WW champ, maybe MW too.

Of course he's not the goat, it's just a meme about KhamGOAT ! <RomeroSalute>

Being close buddies with a Chechen dictator ruined Khamzat for me. What type of person is ok with that shit? Put Usman, Gaethje and Triple C and build yourself a POS human list.

Fucking losers.

Na I’m a fan, and it’s incredibly funny seeing just how upset he makes some of you. It’s honestly better that everyone jumped off the bandwagon, it’ll just make it that much more entertaining when he wins the belt.

Last edited:

When he fights again you all will jump back on

Costa can get it when Khamzat is done with WW. I like Khamzat because he has no filter, straight talking with no gimmick. He is someone truly living in each and every moment.

Back