Khamzat no longer representing Sweden

well-bye.gif

First fleaing Chechnya
Using Sweden for a good life
Then being Chechnya's dictator's puppet
Now being UAE's puppet, after a few months...

Acts like a turncoat all the time I see
The kitchen is SO FAR from the couch. I hope you make it my friend.

First fleaing Chechnya
Using Sweden for a good life
Then being Chechnya's dictator's puppet
Now being UAE's puppet, after a few months...

Acts like a turncoat all the time I see

Did he ever swear allegiance to Sweden?

Never really liked how Khamzat carried himself so this makes it easier to root against him.
Its hard to understand what he's trying to do,and theres clearly stuff going on that no one wants to talk about or reveal.

Never really liked how Khamzat carried himself so this makes it easier to root against him. But who cares really about what nationality you represent in MMA? They should represent their Team instead, have the team logo instead of the flag.

Could you imagine how much worse it would be for someone to switch gyms then?

Reactions: HHJ
https://www.kimura.se/khamzat-chimaev-lamnar-sverige-representerar-nytt-land-under-ufc-294/
Translation from Article:
Khamzat has decided to represent United Arab Emirates from now on.

He says, I've been spending a lot of time there, and my whole trainingcamp for Costa was in UAE (Abu Dhabi)

khamzat-chimaev-svenska-flaggan-kryss.jpg.webp

381009924_765934482003315_9157981656340137840_n.jpg.webp

Excuse me but Japanese native Yushin Okami was never a big MW. Actually smaller than WW-MW Khamzat.

Fought half his career at WW never missing weight.
Weighted-in at soft 200lbs with clothes on for a LHW bout vs OSP.

A below average MW by today standards.
A tiny MW by Pereira's standards.

Huge head though

full

181 lbs for a 205lbs bout

full

WW Lima vs WW Okami

in all seriousness, does it make unethical to have a fighter that is basically sponsor by a country ( except if you believe chimaev did it because he just love the UAE, lol) to fight in this country and the particular country have ties with the organisation he fight in?

OP you said "he says"...does it actually say "he says" in the article? I don't know Swedish, but using Google Translate it never has any actual quotes from Chimaev explaining that he intends this to be permanent or what the reason is for the change.

That's a shame....

Back