Khamzat vs Canonnier who you got if they fight ?

Who wins Khamzat/Cannonier at MW?

• Khamzat

• Cannonier

Results are only viewable after voting.

Koya

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For me Khamzat's grappling will be too much for Jared to sustain.

I think if the fights draws longer Jared has a better chance because Khamzat has shown he can get tired and he can be dragged into a dog fight.

Then again Khamzat really starts strong and I don't see Cannier resisting the grappling

Last edited:
For me Khamzat's grappling will be tol much for Jared to sustain.

I think if the fights draws longer Jared has a better chance because Khamzat has shown he can get tired and he can be dragged into a dog fight.

Then again Khamzat really starts strong and I don't see Cannier resisting the grappling
Like almost everyfight under LHW, Khamzat tosses Cannonnier around like a sack of shit in R1, getting a 10-8 but not finishing because Khamzat has weak GnP. Then I see him getting lit up for the 2 other rounds. IMO unless Cannonier pulls an Usman he has >50% of winning this.

I don't remember clearly but didn't Brunson almost submit Cannonier in round 1? Cannonier might be one of the more winnable matchups for Khamzat IMO

Pre-injury? Definitely Cannonier and even more so in a five-rounder. But at his age with the knee injury he just sustained... no telling what shape he comes back in.

Pointless fight because the excuses are already getting lined up for Jared.

I'd say give him robert when Costa inevitably pulls out but I'm sure the excuses will be lined up when he beats Robert too

Like almost everyfight under LHW, Khamzat tosses Cannonnier around like a sack of shit in R1, getting a 10-8 but not finishing because Khamzat has weak GnP. Then I see him getting lit up for the 2 other rounds. IMO unless Cannonier pulls an Usman he has >50% of winning this.

Indeed it seems like Khamzat doesn't really try to GnP his opponents when he has a dominant position on the ground but rather hunts for submissions

Maybe he should try to mix it up more on this point

Pointless fight because the excuses are already getting lined up for Jared.

I'd say give him robert when Costa inevitably pulls out but I'm sure the excuses will be lined up when he beats Robert too

whatever the excuses a win is a win

Indeed it seems like Khamzat doesn't really try to GnP his opponents when he has a dominant position on the ground but rather hunts for submissions

Maybe he should try to mix it up more on this point
I think he does try but simply does not generate power with GnP. He scores points but does no damage. On the other hand he does have KO power standing.

Pre-injury? Definitely Cannonier and even more so in a five-rounder. But at his age with the knee injury he just sustained... no telling what shape he comes back in.
lol even you don’t believe that. Jared isn’t even a better fighter than Usman or burns

Khamzat via wrestling+GnP.

Lol, "excuses".

lol even you don’t believe that. Jared isn’t even a better fighter than Usman or burns

I do believe that, actually, just like I believe that trying to state that someone else "doesn't believe something" they just said on a forum because you personally disagree with it makes you look like an enormous tool.

I think Burns vs. Cannonier's respective talent levels is an open question, but Usman is obviously the superior P4P fighter. What you seem to be missing out on is the fact that it is entirely possible to believe that Kamaru is a superior fighter in a P4P sense... whilst also believing that Cannonier would have better chances of beating Chimaev than Usman given the circumstances Usman performed under. Kamaru seems to be passing his prime, was coming in on extremely short notice, and was fighting at a new weight class in a three-round fight. It is not a crazy extrapolation to believe that Cannonier -- a bigger, stronger man who's fairly physical even by Middleweight standards and has an excellent five-round gas tank and who just recently looked career-best -- would potentially do better.

Looking at resumes and using MMAth to clutch your pearls and screech at me about how "Fighter X > Fighter Y therefore Z" is the most regressive, asinine shit imaginable and I'm not surprised you have dubs.

Last edited:
I do believe that, actually, just like I believe that trying to state that someone else "doesn't believe something" they just said on a forum because you personally disagree with it makes you look like an enormous tool.

I think Burns vs. Cannonier's respective talent levels is an open question, but Usman is obviously the superior P4P fighter. What you seem to be missing out on is the fact that it is entirely possible to believe that Kamaru is a superior fighter in a P4P sense... whilst also believing that Cannonier would have better chances of beating Chimaev than Usman given the circumstances Usman performed under. Kamaru seems to be passing his prime, was coming in on extremely short notice, and was fighting at a new weight class in a three-round fight. It is not a crazy extrapolation to believe that Cannonier -- a bigger, stronger man who's fairly physical even by Middleweight standards and has an excellent five-round gas tank and who just recently looked career-best -- would potentially do better.

Looking at resumes and using MMAth to clutch your pearls and screech at me about how "Fighter X > Fighter Y therefore Z" is the most regressive, asinine shit imaginable and I'm not surprised you have dubs.
Cannonier is 40 years old, doesn’t have a wrestling background and is smaller than khamzat. I don’t see nothing special about him that tells me he can beat Khamzat besides a pinchers chance if khamzat gasses

Cannonier is 40 years old, doesn’t have a wrestling background and is smaller than khamzat. I don’t see nothing special about him that tells me he can beat Khamzat besides a pinchers chance if khamzat gasses
A lot of fighters without wrestling backgrounds end up developing decent MMA wrestling, especially defensively. It's been a focus for Jared in recent years and he spends most of his camps on the mat; it's probably why he got injured like he did. He is not "smaller than Khamzat". Chimaev is a big dude, but at 185 he doesn't have the massive size advantage he did and actually comes across fairly lanky. Jared is thick and physically strong and fought at Heavyweight and 205 previously.

Jared stuffed Ion Cutelaba and walked him down late. He survived beneath Glover for 15 minutes and made it to the scorecards in their fight. Gastelum, Hermansson, Whittaker, and Vettori all failed to take him down or hold him down. For a big old guy who came late to combat sports, he scrambles very well, has strong hips, and actually showed a surprisingly active guard against Brunson. He's also never been submitted.

I think Khamzat would be very live to make something happen in the first round either by clipping Jared with that jab, taking him down and finishing him on the mat, etc. But once the fight gets into the second and third round -- much less beyond -- I feel like the Cannonier we've seen in his last few fights would be very live to make something happen.

However, at his age and returning from his knee injury, there's good reason to favor Khamzat given his momentum. The guy is still better than many people give him credit for.

Back