Khamzat with an update

JoeRowe

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
-Surgery in 1-2 weeks
-Wants on UFC 300 (despite Ramadan apparently)

Personally I would love to see the Costa fight rebooked but it looks like they're moving on to Costa/Rob. Khamzat/Costa just FEELS like a UFC 300 type of fight.

Cannonier said that he was looking at a March return, & realistically he should be in a #1 contender fight. Unfortunately Khamzat is in the same spot because of his star-power & not merit. Would make sense for them to face off. Khamzat in rd 1 or Cannonier in rd 2.

I doubt the UFC 297 winner will be ready to turnaround in 2.5 months to fight Khamzat. Maybe Izzy vs Khamzat if Izzy wants to come back early, although he could step right into a MW title shot if he wanted. Probably a LHW shot too given Jamahal's legal & injury woes.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
Put him on 300 along with Costa or Strickland (if he wins). If DDP wins then it should be DDP vs Adesanya.

Last edited:
Honestly, the hype is not really there anymore, at least for me
He clearly is a good fighter but no world-beater either
I agree personally, but as a draw &/or polarizing figure he's still 1 of the bigger names. Beating Usman(even if it should have been a draw) only enhances it. Just needs to be more active which ironically was his initial gimmick.

Surgery for his hand in 1-2 weeks?

So I'm guessing he's been hoping it would heal since the fight and it wont and he is forced to do a surgery now?

I agree personally, but as a draw &/or polarizing figure he's still 1 of the bigger names. Beating Usman(even if it should have been a draw) only enhances it. Just needs to be more active which ironically was his initial gimmick.
Agreed, and I think that he will remain somehow popular still.
Nonetheless, I am wondering what the ufc is waiting for as far as a title fight for him is concerned.
They should do it before he slips and loses stupidly.

He hasn't earned a title shot. I guess that doesn't really matter these days, but he hasn't beaten anyone in the top 10 at 185. He needs to get off his arse and fight a contender or two. He has made himself irrelevant by just sitting around and complaining and making ridiculous callouts instead of remaining active and doing his talking in the ring.

Don't know why he doesn't style his beard to accent his lip, would look dope-af.

What is a 'world-beater'?

Someone who can beat the best fighters in the world? Ok. You don't think Khamzat can beat some of the best fighters in the world?

Agreed, and I think that he will remain somehow popular still.
Nonetheless, I am wondering what the ufc is waiting for as far as a title fight for him is concerned.
They should do it before he slips and loses stupidly.

Unlike the other boring neckbeards this guy actually goes for the finish wherever the fight takes him. Highly exciting and is fighting killers in not one but two weight classes.

He's had a lot of bad luck though.

Hype sure diminished but how many fighters are there in UFC right now with more hype?

He debuted fighting 3 times in 2 months, then became a once a year fighter. If he had stuck to that original schedule he could be a multiple time defending champion by now.

Anything he says, is basically speculation. We'll see what happens when it happens. I won't get excited about a Chimaev fight until after weigh ins.

Back