Rewatch Kimo Leopoldo vs Dan Severn in Pride Fc1

leifi

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Dan Severn won that fight, however, dont you agree that Kimo and Dan deserved an another fight in Pride back then? I mean imagine Dan Severn versus Igor Vovchanchyn back then. Kimo would go in for someone like Gary Goodridge back then.

Any info why they did not got any more fights? I do not count Kimos "return" vs Minowa.

I met Dan in Nashville years ago. I asked him if UFC was in town and he looked like he wanted to smash my head in. He said no he wrestles for wwe or f or whatever it was then. Time flies.

I met Dan in Nashville years ago. I asked him if UFC was in town and he looked like he wanted to smash my head in. He said no he wrestles for wwe or f or whatever it was then. Time flies.
And then he resumed his MMA career fighting guys half his age and half his size

I thnk that fight might have been rigged or the fighters were forced into some weird agreement. In other fights, Severn and Kimo both liked to grapple like 95% of the time. Yet they stood and had a weak point fight? And while neither were great strikers, Kimo landed a big shot on prime Bob Sapp and almost finished him. It's hard to believe a couple of strong 240-260 pound guys couldn't at least stun each other (if not a KO), even if it's just a wild shot.

I haven’t seen this fight in 20 years and from what I remember it was a bag of shit

Only time I ever got any entertainment from Kimo was when Ken Shamrock kneed him in the head
Kimo's highlight was shocking Royce Gracie and his family who thought they could dominate NHB for years...Royce won but refused to fight any more that night and I really think Kimo might have won without that tuft of hair Royce kept pulling. He almost landed some big shots on the ground and even looked like he wanted to do a Rampage-style slam (years before Rampage) but Royce kept just enough control with his manly hair-pulling. (I wonder what Gracie JJ VHS tape covers hair pulling, BTW?)

Kimo's highlight was shocking Royce Gracie and his family who thought they could dominate NHB for years...Royce won but refused to fight any more that night and I really think Kimo might have won without that tuft of hair Royce kept pulling. He almost landed some big shots on the ground and even looked like he wanted to do a Rampage-style slam (years before Rampage) but Royce kept just enough control with his manly hair-pulling. (I wonder what Gracie JJ VHS tape covers hair pulling, BTW?)
100% agreed. Gracies are lucky Kimo was on the muscle juice and not EPO.

For some reason when I think of Kimo what pops into my head first is his fight against bam bam bigelow.

T

To be fair, Bam Bam was past his physical prime (all those pro wrasslin' falls take their toll) and probably had zero training. He wasn't like a Kurt Angle or younger version of Steve "Dr. Death" Williams (former D1 wrestler) or anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back