Kit Harington Checks Himself into Rehab due to "personal issues"

EL CORINTHIAN

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
'Game of Thrones' star Kit Harington checked himself into 'a wellness retreat to work on some personal issues'
5c23d21001c0ea114c2202d4-1136-568.jpg

"Game of Thrones" star Kit Harington is spending time at mental health retreat, INSIDER confirmed.

"Kit has decided to utilize this break in his schedule as an opportunity to spend some time at a wellness retreat to work on some personal issues," his representative told INSIDER via a statement.

The actor is best known for his starring role as Jon Snow in the HBO epic " Game of Thrones," which ended earlier this month to mixed reviews.

His stay at the wellness retreat was first reported by Page Six. Sources told the publication that the ending of the show "really hit him hard."

Harington has previously said that the show and its ending have taken an emotional toll.

"The final day of shooting, I felt fine . . . I felt fine . . . I felt fine. . . Then I went to do my last shots and started hyperventilating a bit," he told Esquire in story published in April. "Then they called, 'Wrap!' And I just f---ing broke down. It was this onslaught of relief and grief about not being able to do this again."

He also told GQ Australia that the final season — six nearly feature-length episodes — "seemed designed to break us."

"Everyone was broken at the end," he told the publication in a piece published in January. "I don't know if we were crying because we were sad it was ending or if we were crying because it was so fucking tiring. We were sleep deprived. It was like it was designed to make you think, Right, I'm fucking sick of this. I remember everyone walking around towards the end going, 'I've had enough now. I love this, it's been the best thing in my life, I'll miss it one day - but I'm done.'"

Harington, like other cast members, has previously been open about difficult times in his life and the event that prompted him to seek out therapy: when Jon Snow was killed and the resurrected and the show's focus shifted to him as a main character

"That was a time when I started therapy, and started talking to people," he told Variety. "I had felt very unsafe, and I wasn't talking to anyone. I had to feel very grateful for what I have, but I felt incredibly concerned about whether I could even f---ing act."
https://www.insider.com/game-of-thrones-kit-harington-rehab-personal-issues-2019-5

The finale was so god awful he checked himself into therapy yall! But no for real in a weird way i sort of understand but not to this degree. To me he's a mess because it's over. It's not that he's worried about his career but rather the decade long relationship he built over the years with these people ending. It's almost like the last couple of days of high school before everyone goes off to college. It's awesome but at the same time it is incredibly saddening. I guess he just can't cope with that feeling of emptiness.

He hated the last season too, huh?

Of course he is, they sent his ass back to the wall.

I sympathize but he needs to get a bit of a grip really. He's one of the most highest paid actors in TV right now, from a very noble family here in Britain and has many opportunities to look forward to that no one else will get. He's not the only person that's had to leave their TV family and move on.

Maybe they can help him stop holding his eyebrows that way all the time

D&D’s writing is so shit that they’ve caused their cast to have mental breakdowns over it. Someone keep an eye on the actor who played Varys, he seemed pretty down about it all too.

Didnt this dude get filmed by some groupie he banged while high on cocaine and passed out? she posted him wasted on her social media?

Meh...good on him for seeking professional help. Better than going down the drugs, alcohol and various other self destructive things that ruin your life.

Whatever he wants to do, its not really any of my business. I hope he does allright.

But I think maybe getting a job in manual labor would probably help him out. It would be alot cheaper considering he would be getting paid instead of some therapist grabbing all his money and selling him bull. And he could work his troubles away with sweat, blood, and tears. If these expensive "therapists" were any good these actors would not be killing themselves and doing drugs.

Didnt this dude get filmed by some groupie he banged while high on cocaine and passed out? she posted him wasted on her social media?

Pretty sure that turned out to be fake, nothing came of it at least.

It's weird to me to assume just because he's rich and famous he simply can't have any psychological or emotional issues. That isn't how mental health works.

He's probably coming down to the realization that his career is over. Dude is generally a pretty average actor, who just landed the role of a lifetime.

...or he's a junkie. I don't know.

All that aside, it must be odd coming off of that high. Your career is being Jon Snow on GOT. He met his wife there, and everything. He's young too, so it's a huge part of his identity, and it was an amazing job. Traveling to exotic locations, and being Jon Snow. Now it's all over, and you gotta move on. It must be quite the shock to the system to have that reality set in. Like a retirement of sorts, only you've got 60 or so years left to figure out what to do with your time.

From all signs, Kit seems like a good dude and people have had only good things to say to him

He does seem like he likes to drink a lot and with the show ending and him moving on to other things, probably messed with him quite a bit.

Hope he gets well soon

I heard that, too. Kind of got swept under the rug pretty quick

Could be some truth there. Maybe not. Meh

Dude seems kind of sensitive. Not really the rugged emotion suppressed Jon snow character he plays. Hes got a shit load of money, has a hot wife at home, and was on one of the best shows ever. He'll get over it.

its cocaine, all these hollywood motherfuckers do cocaine non stop 24/7

Back