Knee to a downed opponent...

1,305 posts
529 likes

Yeah, youre popular here.

I agree with your opening post here but this like comment is dumb.

Likes ratios will be better for newer accounts as that is a relatively new thing and if you want a ton of likes, reply to new threads as post in 1st page get more likes.

Basically the amount of likes you have ratio wise doesn't really tell you much on its own.

Super Bowl is a poor example. We literally saw a Chargers DB commit pass interference against the Saints and the ref missed the call. Everyone who is not a Chargers player or fan complained and nothing was done about it. In fact, the Super Bowl winners (the Patriots) went to the first Super Bowl of the Brady era on a blown call by the refs.

Besides, the knee wasn't declined. Dean deducted two points from Jones.

1,305 posts
529 likes

Yeah, youre popular here.

Newbie. I started posting way before Sherdog had "likes". Next time don't forget your "apostrophe" son. Who cares anyway?

Should not be illegal to begin with only thing that shouldn't be allowed are face stomps imo soccer kicks should be legal also

Zero tolerance for Jon Jones. He is a well known and deliberate cheater in all aspects of MMA

I personally feel that pretty much all fouls should lead to a dq (if you really want to get rid of em) but that has to be in the rules before-hand, Otherwise its just retarded.

I think a more fitting analogy would be that in the final play of the Super Bowl a pass interference occurs that sets up a field goal to finish the game at 35-13 instead of 35-10. It wasn't like it was a close game at that point.

I'd have considered it a NC if Smith couldn't continue, just as I do the Hamill fight. They didn't do anything worthy of a win; they were simply the victims of a confusing and inconsistent set of rules. No need for benefactors in that situation. Let them run it again in a rematch.

However, I agree that it may have been in Smith's best interest to milk the foul for all it's worth. I hope the UFC gives Smith a $500,000 bonus for not being a bitch.

Jones was penalized with a two point deduction for the foul. Name one other fighter who's ever received a two point deduction for his first foul in a fight.

Don't confuse a lack of a victory with a lack of a penalty. In your football example, suppose the team missed that field goal. Should they still win just because there was a foul? Or suppose they were down three touchdowns, and the field goal didn't mean a thing, which is basically the situation here.

If Smith has won just two rounds, that penalty would have been enough to win him the match. But he didn't execute for twenty-five minutes, so he didn't deserve the win.
bruce leroy. cmon, bro

...is a penalty.

Smith should have won by DQ no matter if he can continue or not.

This is bullchit. In other "sports" a penalty is never overlooked because the other team doesn't complain.

If the final play of a Super Bowl is a pass interference that sets up a winning field, the team kicks the fuqqin field goal and wins the trophy.

You will NEVER see a team decline to win by penalty.

Fighters need to wake up to the business side of sports.
In fact, say the roles were reversed and it happened where Jon got kneed to his head, would Jon have taken the DQ win? I 100% believe he would, especially if Jon was losing the whole fight and that was his only chance to win.

...is a penalty.

This is bullchit. In other "sports" a penalty is never overlooked because the other team doesn't complain.

If the final play of a Super Bowl is a pass interference that sets up a winning field, the team kicks the fuqqin field goal and wins the trophy.

This guy is fucking retarded! If the final play of a Super Bowl is a pass interference, there is a flag and the team is penalized. Just like Jones was deducted 2 points

...is a penalty.

The strike was a foul in Nevada, land that exact same strike 1 state further west and its perfectly legal. You have a point about "real sports" not ignoring fouls( which they in fact didn't hence the 2 point penalty) but "real sports) also have the same rules no matter what City you are playing in.

In my mind that's the bigger problem here.

It was penalized, he got deducted 2 points. That would be huge in a close fight.

It is only a DQ if the fighter can not continue. You should learn the rules before protesting man.

What's the point of rules when they aren't universal? Why should the time zone and area code affect how the fight should be fought?

Didn’t know the nfl ends the game when there is a penalty.

Of course penalties decide games...every year, some for being called and some for being missed.

Did you watch the NFC championship game this year?

If a player in the NFL, NBA or MLB throws a punch, they are kicked out of the game.

Wouldn't matter if it was Tom Brady in the Super Bowl. If Tom throws a punch, hes gone.

Kneeing a downed opponent should bring the same consequences.

You lose for cheating.

Nut shots and eye pokes need more severe consequences too because too many guys simply take their free cheap shots knowing its just gonna be a warning.

Back