Kongo by UD????

I thought Minakov had the first round (barely, just because he got a takedown) and the second and third were 50/50. I leaned toward Kongo for both, though.

Minakov looked out of shape, but he still should have gotten the decision. Kongo stole one round at best.

Thats what Vitaly gets for ditching the organization. And Cheick beat his ass in that last 30 seconds. It was the right decision, karma wise

Go watch the fight again, kongo landed more damaging strikes by far.

I'm sorry, you can't land one good shot after spending 4 minutes of a round getting controlled on the ground and win the round. Minakov looked like shit, but he won that fight.

Congo did not win a round. Tired of stupid judges. You agree?

I'm sorry, you can't land one good shot after spending 4 minutes of a round getting controlled on the ground and win the round. Minakov looked like shit, but he won that fight.
that's the third round, kongo clearly won the first two rounds.

and kongo rocked minakov in the last 20 seconds in the 3rd round

That was a shitty fight. But even I'd have to give it to Kongo - Minakov came unprepared - was way more tired by the end of the fight than Kongo. If he didn't let Kongo get up in the final round, he would have won, but when Kongo did get up, he landed a few decent punches and Minakov was too tired to respond.

It's a shame, because I don't see Kongo posing any threat to Bader - his backpedaling strategy isn't going to work against Bader - Bader will take him down with ease and Kongo's got nothing on the ground. So - the Bader-Kongo fight doesn't have much excitement behind it, in my opinion. It's a shame because Minakov, if he goes through proper camp with improved conditioning, has a lot more tools at his disposal to take on Bader or any other fighter. Kongo is strictly a stand-up fighter, and even there, it seems like he does more backpedaling than anything else - unwilling to engage unless forced.

Minakov won two bullshit do nothing rounds and then got lit up and hunched over the last 30 seconds by Kongo.

I'm not even mad at that decision.

Minakov got tooled, easy 29-28 for kongo

Solid lay and pray round 3 though

Kongo did land some good leg kicks to start the round.

Robbed, or was it fixed. Had to be...

30-27 Minakov all day. A blind man could’ve gotten that one right, or you would think...

Not really. I mean, Kongo should be disqualified from fighting for eternity because of his bread and butter nut shots, but aside from that - Minakov looked very shitty in this fight. Kongo looked shitty as well, but just a bit less so - and whenever Minakov would finally force, the constantly on the run Kongo, Kongo nearly always seemed to get the better of each exchange.

Minakov did start off well though - until the low blow from the master of low blows.

Last edited:
Minakov got tagged in Round 2, not sure what he was doing there..playing right into Kongo's counter striking game..Minakov's mistakes in round 2 cost him the fight IMO

Kongo's boxing improved a lot since the first fight and the 3 rounds did not allow Minakov to tire Kongo out and use his wrestling..Minakov's team messed up, now with the loss he has 0 leverage..he is basically now a nobody in Bellator..the legend of Minakov is dead lol..

Also surprised that Minakov did not low blow Kongo like in the last fight./..just a total strategical and tactical failure here by Minakov..he's really fked now that he lost his bargaining power

The main blame should be on Rich Chou and Coker..this was just another one in a long line of WTF? matchups that backfired..

I can't give the guy that is LITERALLY backing up and refusing to engage while standing the edge in stand up just because he looked like he was pretty close to landing a couple times in a 30 second window. Maybe 1 total minute of offense in the fight should not supersede refusing to engage for the rest of the stand up in the fight, that's ridiculous.

Back