Media Kongo vs Barry - greatest comeback in UFC history ?

To me it is for sure and it's possibly the reason why I like HW the most now. So goddamn crazy.

It's up there for sure. Smith-Sell is another good one.

gotcha-o_medium.gif
BREATHE DRAGOOO

Leban had a bunch of comebacks, this one was epic:
144big0.gif

Last edited:
Elkin vs Bektic - classic
giphy.gif

4 years off, stepping up a weight class for the first time. Deal with it.

Btw, I think you meant "dislike" not "unlike". You can't unlike a post you didn't like in the first place.
Playing on a different level lol

Returning for one extremely cherry picked fight against someone you know you can beat because of past sparring and then immediately going back into what is almost retirement is not exactly the "Comeback" TS is talking about i assume

Returning for one extremely cherry picked fight against someone you know you can beat because of past sparring and then immediately going back into what is almost retirement is not exactly the "Comeback" TS is talking about i assume
Bisping was a legit top 10 MW regardless of how cherry picked you think he was.

How many people have came back after a 4 year lay off and won a fight, let alone finish his opponent?

I'll wait.

Man....I forgot how good Gray Maynard was....I've been the drunk guy at the end.

Bisping was a legit top 10 MW regardless of how cherry picked you think he was.

How many people have came back after a 4 year lay off and won a fight, let alone finish his opponent?

I'll wait.
You're missing the point. TS is referring to a mid fight comeback.

Tate vs Holm is a one that I will never forget. Miesha takes her down with and secures a fight ending choke with seconds left
200.gif

Its got to be in the top 3. that fight was EPIC, even though it only lasted a few minutes

What makes Kongo vs Barry the best comeback in the history of the UFC is the fact that it was reffed by Miragliotta, a known very late stopper. Most other refs would have ended it sooner and nobody would have complained. In most other examples, the fights weren't that closed to be stopped multiple times.

His recovery is insane. Even in the Nelson fight he got up right away after that overhand right

Tim Boetsch vs Yushin Okami

Frankie vs Maynard

Yair vs Korean Zombie

Ya'll forget a lot.

Aside from all the ones stated (which are probably all better come from behinds Ws) I loved Hughes Trigg comeback. When he was getting choked and got out and turned the tables. I went nuts... great reversal after getting hit in the nuts

Edit: Nvm, it's definitely KZ x Yair regardless of how recent it was. KZ was about to win a decision 4-1. Yair KO'd him last second of a 5 round fight, with a never before seen elbow. Total movie moment.

Back