Media Korean Zombie wants a 3 round fight if he ever fights again

Fair imo, having these guys fight 5 rounds all the time withou a champ pay is pretty unfair, they should at least give them a viewership bonus or something.

Agree, KZ has headlined his every fight since 2012. 7 straight main events. I would like to see him in a 3 round fight again, or as a co-main.

damn... sounds like it's time for the zombie to retire. =(

Agree, KZ has headlined his every fight since 2012. 7 straight main events. I would like to see him in a 3 round fight again, or as a co-main.
And he gets paid a $23k show purse for his efforts. He's the biggest Asian draw, he's been a top 10 FW for the best part of a decade, and fights straight up killers in insane wars every fight...for $23k.

I don't usually get into fighter pay, but that's fucked. The UFC have fucked him hard.

And he gets paid a $23k show purse for his efforts. He's the biggest Asian draw, he's been a top 10 FW for the best part of a decade, and fights straight up killers in insane wars every fight...for $23k.

I don't usually get into fighter pay, but that's fucked. The UFC have fucked him hard.
It's so gross. UFC is rotten and exploiting this man. "buhhh buhhhh he doesn't have to!" folks can FOH

damn... sounds like it's time for the zombie to retire. =(

He mentioned that if he lost to Moicano, he'll consider retiring. But losing to a tough former title contender who is never been finished doesn't really mean he can't reach the top. He shown he can still hang in there with the top 5. And people don't realize is this is only the first time KZ experienced a legit loss in the UFC (not counting his WEC days). The last time he took an L is in the Yair fight where he already won in the scorecards if it wasn't for the last second elbow, and also in the Aldo fight where he injured himself, and not by Jose. If he can't show that he can't come back stronger in his next fight, then he might as well hang it up.

Last edited:

Holy shit. 7 main events in the row and this dude is only getting $23k to show. Fuuuuuuuck...

Agree, he has 8 bonuses in his last 9 fights but I believe he deserves more.

Where are you getting that info? Doesn’t seem accurate.

We don’t even know the numbers for his last fights because international fight commissions don’t release fighter pay info.

And his last 3 fights stateside were in states that don’t release pay information.

Any information you receive on KZ’s pay are just guesses there are no sources confirming it.

Last edited:
Back