KOTOR Remake Announced + Teaser *UPDATE* It appears canceled

I already knew that Bioware wasn't making this, but I needed that confirmation that lunatic wasn't writing for it. Her working on this came from somewhere, mixed signals?

lol, brutal. Who hires these retards? I will reserve judgement, as she's not likely a major writer, but we're off to a bad start here folks.
Idk man

“Our big goals on this are to bring the story to a modern audience and have it be just as impactful today as it was for players when it originally launched.”​

https://www.starwars.com/news/knights-of-the-old-republic-remake

This is always a red flag for me

a.k.a. game journalists
I'm watching a show called Mythic Quest, where it's about a dev team building an MMO. It's pretty funny, but they keep referencing sites like Kotaku and Polygon like they have any impact on game sales.

Idk man

“Our big goals on this are to bring the story to a modern audience and have it be just as impactful today as it was for players when it originally launched.”​

https://www.starwars.com/news/knights-of-the-old-republic-remake

This is always a red flag for me

KOTOR came out less than 20 years ago. Using terminology like modern audience is something you say when adapting Shakespeare. How Star Wars keeps involving lunatics like this in their creations is baffling.

KOTOR came out less than 20 years ago. Using terminology like modern audience is something you say when adapting Shakespeare. How Star Wars keeps involving lunatics like this in their creations is baffling.

Because the producers for movies, TV series, and games are lunatics that hire lunatics.

They're far more interested in satisfying lunstic game journalists and reviewers than actual fanbases that buy their products.

Because the producers for movies, TV series, and games are lunatics that hire lunatics.

They're far more interested in satisfying lunstic game journalists and reviewers than actual fanbases that buy their products.

Last thing the gaming industry needs is a bunch of Sheila Broflovski's writing the games instead of just trying to get them shut down. She sounded like Tipper Gore in that GTA rant.

I came in to make a comment about how KOTOR was one of my favorite games ever, but I am sure that they would ruin it with woke crap, and sure enough, yep. If they make new stories and better game interface dynamics, it could be fun, but the SJW stuff is going to weigh the story down so that it is not enjoyable to a non-crazy person, imo. Idk, I have kind of given up on the Star Wars franchise since Disney got a hold of it.

Shitmongers over on Resetera are sucking themselves off to this news.

I had to look at the responses and the context to finally understand that this dumbass actually wasn't trolling.
13289619274180a6401dac827d2d1c07864c9219c0e5309d78bd6e97f87f076ba7c9d3b8.jpg

never played the KOTOR series so i guess this is a good time to play it

Shitmongers over on Resetera are sucking themselves off to this news.

I had to look at the responses and the context to finally understand that this dumbass actually wasn't trolling.
13289619274180a6401dac827d2d1c07864c9219c0e5309d78bd6e97f87f076ba7c9d3b8.jpg

When you hire someone to write Star Wars that both hated KOTOR (probably the greatest Star Wars game ever) and thinks The Last Jedi is the height of the series (rather than the near death of it) it doesn't bode well for the outlook of the game. Isn't Resetera basically the Tumblr crowd discussing video games? Why would you even use that site lol.

never played the KOTOR series so i guess this is a good time to play it

The 1st 2 games are like $10 each on steam. Plenty of sites where you can rip them too. Both are still fun to this day IMO.

When you hire someone to write Star Wars that both hated KOTOR (probably the greatest Star Wars game ever) and thinks The Last Jedi is the height of the series (rather than the near death of it) it doesn't bode well for the outlook of the game. Isn't Resetera basically the Tumblr crowd discussing video games? Why would you even use that site lol.

The 1st 2 games are like $10 each on steam. Plenty of sites where you can rip them too. Both are still fun to this day IMO.
I honestly don't fucking know, man. I think it's to get a pulse on the direction these people are headed. I am continually flabbergasted by how steep that curve is. It's mind-boggling.

The levels of fucktitude a person's mind has to be in, in order to even think that any of the SW sequels can even approach the originals is unfathomable. I can't even say god help them because it's insanity beyond the realm of conceivable reality.

im not sure how much i would enjoy the game with the old graphics as someone who never played it before

ill wait for the remake instead

im not sure how much i would enjoy the game with the old graphics as someone who never played it before

ill wait for the remake instead
The original has admittedly not aged well in terms of graphics.

In terms of gameplay it's amazing. I would be very surprised if the remake can hold a candle to it (in terms of gameplay) if they decide to completely revamp it, like Square did with FFVII remake for example

I saw one article say PS4, PS5, PC, then saw one saying PS5 limited exclusive + PC. I want to play it, but no idea when I'll buy PS5.

Even Gran Turismo 7 is on PS4.

Oh, a writer like that getting hired is fantastic. She "hates male Star Wars fans" LOL. Star Wars fans really are the worst. Always complaining about bad products but always buying those products and related merch.

I saw one article say PS4, PS5, PC, then saw one saying PS5 limited exclusive + PC. I want to play it, but no idea when I'll buy PS5.

Even Gran Turismo 7 is on PS4.

Its still in early development, probably 2 years away from the launch date at the earliest. By then most of everybody that wants to have a PS5 would have one so there'll be no need to have a weak PS4 version.

There's been mixed reports about if the PC version will be launch on the same day or shortly thereafter.

In terms of gameplay it's amazing. I would be very surprised if the remake can hold a candle to it (in terms of gameplay) if they decide to completely revamp it, like Square did with FFVII remake for example

Have you played it recently?

The gameplay has aged like milk, possibly worse than the graphics. Auto-attacking, combat that requires no skill whatsoever, and running slowly everywhere with very weird animations.

A year after KOTOR came out Jedi Academy was released I was like 'If Kotor had Jedi Academy's gameplay it'd be a perfect game.'

Then the bar had been raised for Action/RPGs my the Mass Effect games.

So if this remake of KOTOR is going to be worthy of the PS5 its got to set the bar even higher than Mass Effect did, which shouldn't be too much of an ask but I doubt Aspyr would be able to handle that.

Have you played it recently?

The gameplay has aged like milk, possibly worse than the graphics. Auto-attacking, combat that requires no skill whatsoever, and running slowly everywhere with very weird animations.

A year after KOTOR came out Jedi Academy was released I was like 'If Kotor had Jedi Academy's gameplay it'd be a perfect game.'

Then the bar had been raised for Action/RPGs my the Mass Effect games.

So if this remake of KOTOR is going to be worthy of the PS5 its got to set the bar even higher than Mass Effect did, which shouldn't be too much of an ask but I doubt Aspyr would be able to handle that.
You don't have to run slowly anywhere, just use Force Speed and you can zip around the area but with funny looking animations nonetheless.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back