Krab Guard?

NoGiRonin

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
So when it comes to half guard, I don't play a lot of standard half guard. I like to play z half (knee shield) and half butterfly, but I came across a new way of playing half. Keenan Cornelius is the man that created it. It to me, looks a lot like a reverse version of z half. I really enjoy the control of it, and I'm liking that you can keep an opponent's pressure off of you. I think I'll play with this in the gym. What do ya'll think?

The reverse position to the Krab guard (a locked z guard that Caio Terra and Samir Chantre play) is much stronger than a standard Z guard.

Haven't played Krab guard yet as I injured my shoulder attempting to do a takedown (which was in retrospect fairly stupid).

It's a bitch to pass.

I'm seeing a trend with these guards..

Worms
Krabs
Soon, aids guard

I tried it out a bit. It's worked out quite well so far. I think it could really catch on, unlike worm guard.

So I played this guard tonight in sparring. It worked great. I still have to get more flight time with it, but I was able to keep guys who are much bigger/heavier than me and good wrestlers with pressure off of me completely. I was able to get sweeps and the back.

Can you do this guard on a standing opponent? If you're playing DLR and your foot gets stuffed, can you flop over?

Can you do this guard on a standing opponent? If you're playing DLR and your foot gets stuffed, can you flop over?

Keenan showed krab guard from De La Riva guard and knee shield. Also cool last night. When my training partner did stand, I went Reverse DLR and got a sweep almost instantly.

Keenan showed krab guard from De La Riva guard and knee shield. Also cool last night. When my training partner did stand, I went Reverse DLR and got a sweep almost instantly.

can you tell me more about this? no one passes knee shield on their knees at my gym and any time i get a leg stuffed my DLR guard is basically an accidental krab guard. i think this could be really useful to me

can you tell me more about this? no one passes knee shield on their knees at my gym and any time i get a leg stuffed my DLR guard is basically an accidental krab guard. i think this could be really useful to me

Towards the end of the video, Keenan shows how he gets it from DLR. Just watch it till the end. Or are you wondering about the reverse DLR?

Pfft it got nothing on my lobster guard. Also, I think squid guard is the best. It's like you have 10 limbs vs their 4 limbs.

I actually didn't watch the entire video through. My bad.

At 4:50 he basically says it can't be done against standing opponents, which is too bad because I'm finding myself in position for this all the time.

Bunch of goofy crap.
5c2.jpg

Actually it's not. It's fundamentally sound and nothing flashy in technique. Don't be a dumb turd.

I again used the krab guard to great success. I am 165lbs. I was able to sweep a much heavier (205lb) wrestler over with the krab guard. I used a kimura grip once, and an arm drag grip the second time. Swept another training partner near my size with a two on one baseball bat grip. It is working great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back